[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

87' Flashback
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
4/6/2003  5:09 PM
This takes some creative thinking and is really risky, but something that I think can work. 1987 was the year NY drafted Mark Jackson from St. Johns.

Im just thinking Knicks should do a 87' and draft Marcus Hatten from St. Johns no less with the #31 or #39 pick. Knicks should trade Eisley for any frontcourt player (Austin Croshere). Knicks are going to trade Ward this summer definitely. Knicks should go with Frank Williams and Marcus Hatten at the point. I would like to see what Hatten can do for the Knicks. Knicks need an infusion of youth.

Knicks should make Sprewell 6th man by aquiring a young athletic SF. I really like Desmond Mason or Darius Miles. Miles is more attainable (probably for our lotto pick). Sprewell also can play some minutes at PG, SG, SF. He could be a super-sub.

Knicks sign a C. Either Nesterovic or Elden Campbell.

Knicks lineup looks like:

Nesterovic / Thomas
McDyess / Harrington / Spoon
Miles /Anderson / Sprewell
Houston / Sprewell
Hatten / Williams/ Sprewell

All I can say is this team can get out on the break.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/7/2003  1:16 AM
I'm not breaking them off here my man--BUt what pro team would go with a completely unproven 2yr point guard and a draft pick who cant shoot and plays more like a 2 guard at 6-0? Not one team in pro basketball who wants to win would have a williams Hatten backcourt. On top of that Rasho is NOT coming to the Knicks. There are several teams under the cap-not to mention Minnesota is very unlikely to let their center go. Darius Miles has no jumpshot and is still fundamentally impaired in terms of skills.

The best bet for the Knicks
Charlie Ward Frank Williams 3mm$ and Denver's pick back in a sign and trade for unrestricted free agent Juwan Howard to a 3 year 23mm$ contract.

Trade KT and Sprewell to Milwaukee for Tim Thomas and Sam Cassell.

Draft Chris Kaman
Sign Elden Cambell to a 2year 5mm$

Look for the best pG prospect with our second round pick.

C Cambell/Kaman/Doleac
PF Mcdyess/ Howard/ Harrington
SF Thomas/ Howard/ Spoon
SG Houston/Andersen
PG Cassell/Eisley
IR Knight/ draft pick

RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/7/2003  10:38 AM
If all else fails, bring Camby back to NY - at least basketball will be exciting here for 5 games per season.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/7/2003  11:10 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I'm not breaking them off here my man--BUt what pro team would go with a completely unproven 2yr point guard and a draft pick who cant shoot and plays more like a 2 guard at 6-0? Not one team in pro basketball who wants to win would have a williams Hatten backcourt. On top of that Rasho is NOT coming to the Knicks. There are several teams under the cap-not to mention Minnesota is very unlikely to let their center go. Darius Miles has no jumpshot and is still fundamentally impaired in terms of skills.

The best bet for the Knicks
Charlie Ward Frank Williams 3mm$ and Denver's pick back in a sign and trade for unrestricted free agent Juwan Howard to a 3 year 23mm$ contract.

Trade KT and Sprewell to Milwaukee for Tim Thomas and Sam Cassell.

Draft Chris Kaman
Sign Elden Cambell to a 2year 5mm$

Look for the best pG prospect with our second round pick.

C Cambell/Kaman/Doleac
PF Mcdyess/ Howard/ Harrington
SF Thomas/ Howard/ Spoon
SG Houston/Andersen
PG Cassell/Eisley
IR Knight/ draft pick

The Spurs. I guess they are the only ones to do that and I think the Pacers did that with Tinsley. There are teams that take chances not taking chances is the NYK way. That is why they would trade picks for players who are veterans it doesn't matter if they are healthy or not.
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
4/7/2003  12:06 PM
I was just telling you guys what popped into my head. Some teams gamble and do things like that. Just like you said Knicks arent one of those teams. GS did it, Indiana did it, Boston did it. aIt was just a thought. It wasnt a serious thing. But it would be interesting to say the least.

BTW I hate Cassell. You can tell ET to phone home back to Milwakee if Layden ever pulled the trigger.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
87' Flashback

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy