[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

My man my 'Mello'
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
4/6/2003  3:25 AM
Early into the season I though of Carmelo Anthony as a Ron Artest player. He is going to be much better than Artest. Tough defender and pretty good all-around game, hes much more than that. He looks to fit into the Shawn Marion mold. He has impressed me alot. He has shown he has tremendous athletic ability. He is 6'8" you can tell by the way he plays. He looks maybe slightly better than Caron did comming out of Connecticut last year. Carmelo is a better inside player than Caron. I think he NBA ready which is rare in a freshman. I think education can be the only reason bringing him back to the 'Cuse next year. Hes ready for that next level.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/6/2003  3:48 AM
Posted by falcindor:

Early into the season I though of Carmelo Anthony as a Ron Artest player. He is going to be much better than Artest. Tough defender and pretty good all-around game, hes much more than that. He looks to fit into the Shawn Marion mold. He has impressed me alot. He has shown he has tremendous athletic ability. He is 6'8" you can tell by the way he plays. He looks maybe slightly better than Caron did comming out of Connecticut last year. Carmelo is a better inside player than Caron. I think he NBA ready which is rare in a freshman. I think education can be the only reason bringing him back to the 'Cuse next year. Hes ready for that next level.
honestly, i totally think that Carmelo could use a couple more (two) in college.

he has skills, but he also uses his height and hops to take advantage of smaller players. He needs more basics, period. he has a nice shot from outside, and has a good inside game, but i just think that he could really benefit from a little more college ball, just like lebron would benefit from some college run. If Carmelo went to let's say a veteran stacked team, he wouldn't get much PT. Or even a stacked team, like the pacers, he'd be fighting for PT. (I know he'll go to some lotto team, which probably wont be stacked). But what should be his goal is going to a team and with his talents, not just contributing, but being a real difference maker, which rookies can do (check out Yao and Amare). Why go to the next level unless you can do what Yao and Amare are doing other than to get paid? If you're going to be a benchwarmer in the NBA, or a star in college, stick with college. the NBA will always be there.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
4/6/2003  11:57 AM
Carmelo is complete. Hes ready. He can start off the bat for an NBA team.

BTW Amare didnt know he'd make an impact. Neither did team who tried him out thats why he slipped so far.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
My man my 'Mello'

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy