[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What would u guys think about this-a little alteration to my original plan
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/31/2003  6:02 PM
NY sends Charlie Ward Frank Williams Denvers 2nd round pick + 3mm to Denver in a sign and trade for Juwan Howard.

skinny Howard could walk for nothing. This way Howard gets to play with what should be a contender and gets a 3 year 23mm$ contract[much higher than the MLE] Denver gets the money to buyout Ward and for the next year on Williams contract + their high second round pick back--virtually for nothing.

Ny sends Latrell Sprewell Kurt Thomas and a NY 2nd round pick in 2003 to Milwaukee for Sam Cassell and Tim Thomas.

skinny Milwaukee gets rid of a ton of extra contract money and a player they dont want--Thomas. They balance off their roster and get amuch needed post player. Knicks get a younger taller SF who may fit in better here than he did with the Bucks. They get a premier offensive PG

NY trades a 2004 1st round pick to Chicago restricted to 13 to switch places in the draft. NY selects Chris Kaman C 7-1 255

NY Signs guard Milos Vujonic to a 4 year 8mm $ contract

NY Buys out the contract of Travis Knight forward

Lineup
C- Howard 6-9 260 age 30
PF Mcdyess 6-9 245 29
SF Thomas 6-10230 27
SG Houston 6-6 200 32
PG Cassell 6-3 180 33
C- Kaman 7-1 260 21
C-Doleac 6-11265 27
SF Andersen 6-6 200 30
PG/SG Vujonic 6-2 180 23
PG eisley 6-2 180 31
Harrington 6-7 235 29
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
3/31/2003  6:18 PM
1> Howard wants to go to a contender, not the Knicks.

2> Cassell is nothing but a ball hog.

3> You cant trade 2 consecutive 1st round draft picks which you are doing in that trade.

4> Vujanic doesnt want such a small contract. He wants a 1 year 2mil to start, then he wants a big pay day after that.

5> Travis is worth more traded.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BRIGGS
3/31/2003  6:26 PM
Posted by falcindor:

1> Howard wants to go to a contender, not the Knicks.

2> Cassell is nothing but a ball hog.

3> You cant trade 2 consecutive 1st round draft picks which you are doing in that trade.

4> Vujanic doesnt want such a small contract. He wants a 1 year 2mil to start, then he wants a big pay day after that.

5> Travis is worth more traded.

1. How could you say that this team wouldnt be a SERIOUS contender? This team would vie for the finals.
2. Cassell is a 45% LIFETIME shooter a BIG time player who has won 2 championships and went to the EC finals. He has averaged 18 points nearly 7 assits and 3 rebounds in the last three years while shooting 47%
3. Im not trading two consecutive #1s
4. Vujonic doesnt want a small contract. Im giving him the equivlent of a 6th pick in the draft.
5. Knight is just a salary dump.
RIP Crushalot😞
falcindor
USA
3/31/2003  8:39 PM
You cannot trade 2 consecutive #1. Think about what you just typed. Its trading.

Travis is worth more to the Knicks in trade toward the deadline than just buying him out.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/31/2003  10:21 PM
that has got to be the dumbest trade so far........From now on..I'm calling you Layden.

The KNicks have 6 forwards under contract....
Thomas
McDYess
Harrington
Weatherspoon
DOleac
Knight
And you want to bring in another one?.....ON TOP OF THAT...you still on Kaman......
BRIGGS
4/1/2003  12:09 AM
Kaman is a center. KT was dumped in a trade scenario. I did the complete opposite I went for a taller SF and a true center. And please stop commenting after I post-you sound like a 13 year old who doesn't know the difference between pick and roll and pick thy nose.
RIP Crushalot😞
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/1/2003  8:05 AM
Posted by falcindor:

You cannot trade 2 consecutive #1. Think about what you just typed. Its trading.

Actually Falcindor, the rule is you can't trade 2 future #1 picks....meaning you couldn't trade this coming years and next years before this years draft. Regardless, BRIGGS is saying to trade the 2004 first rounder anyway...so what is the problem with that.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
USA
4/1/2003  8:54 AM
....but there are some things wrong about your scenerio Briggs.

- Doesn't J. Howard make like 20 millioin this year or something ridiculas like that. I don't think the salaries would match up with what the Knicks are sending....and Denver does want him to walk for nothing for the cap room.

- A 2004 pick just to move up 3 spots seems a bit much. Kaman seems like a nice player, but I think we will know more about how he will do as a pro when he works out for teams.

- Travis Knight does have more trade value since he has a soon to be ending contract. It would give us nothing to buy him out.

The Milwaulkee trade is interesting. I don't know if the Bucks want to give up Tim Thomas, but it seems relatively fair. Cassel might be on the block, but only if Payton is resigned.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/1/2003  3:00 PM
Cassel is one of the most underrated PGs in the league, and is a CLUTCH player.

The Howard trade works because he's an unrestricte FA with Bird rights. Its a sign and trade scenario that works nicely for the low budget Nuggets.

As for trading next year's #1 I have no problem if the Knicks get the guy they really want. Kurt Thomas would make a lot of sense in a trade to the Bulls because they desperatly need interior defense. Chandler and Curry are on their way but their team D is miserable.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/1/2003  4:16 PM
Briggs aka Layden

I comment because your post are so asinine....Do you think before you type?????

teams draft/trade & sign FA to try and compete for a CHAMPIONSHIP...what kind of team are you trying to build?

Let me guess....You're one of these fans that is just content in "Going to the playoffs" every year.....You're talking about J.Howard...a scrub named Kaman...and ANOTHER outside shooter (Thomas)....and I noticed you already jumped on the D.Wade bandwagon..not realizing that the guy is a SG.

Just what the Knicks need....another PF...a no good center WHO HASN'T proven anything in COLLEGE and another SG. great job Layden....

U start making sense and I'll stop "commenting" how about that? in the meantime stop crying...
falcindor
USA
4/1/2003  6:07 PM
If you give next years pick. To switch this years pick. Thats trading 2 consecutive #1's. It doesnt matter if your getting anothe pick back, its still trading. Plus another team would never do it. Cleaveland can get away with something like that (if they manipulate the way Layden did this past year. In which we picked for the team then traded the player not the pick). But next year we are playoff bound.
Andrew
USA
4/1/2003  6:25 PM
Posted by falcindor:

If you give next years pick. To switch this years pick. Thats trading 2 consecutive #1's.

I think you are right...but it could be accomplished by the bulls drafting a player on behaf of the Knicks and then trading the player after the draft. Of course the Knicks would pick a player on behaf of the Bulls.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
4/1/2003  7:11 PM
First of-there are probably 10 ways around trading picks every year. You could literally trade your pick every year in different ways. You are not really trading your draft pick-merely changing draft position. Im pretty sure the CBB would not consider that a violation in anyway. Basically they want you to take a draft pick and you are. The reason the rule is there is to make sure teams refresh their talent-by changing draft position with a club is not trading your pick away.
RIP Crushalot😞
falcindor
USA
4/1/2003  8:19 PM
If you give your pick to anybody else, its trading.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/3/2003  12:14 PM
"If you give your pick to anybody else, its trading."

Falcindor your wrong. The rule is you cant trade future consecutive #1 draft picks. If you draft a player (like the Knicks did with Nene) then trade him on draft day, you are NOT trading a draft pick, you are trading the rights to a player, two very different things in the eyes of the CBA. The Knicks can trade their pick anytime they want, because they DID NOT TRADE LAST YEARS #1 PICK. THEY TRADED THE RIGHTS TO NENE HILARIO along with Camby and Jackson for you know the rest.

As for the guys who called this post assanine and he's "just go to the playoff" fans lets hear your plan for winning a title, and please elaborate a little on "get under the cap and sign a franchise player and draft a a franchise player, then build around them"

I thought getting younger, bigger and improving your talent would be a good start, but I guess I am assanine.

Briggs....go back to you know where. You might be waisting your time here.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
4/9/2003  10:02 AM
SWISH, damn bro your playing SNIPER today !!! LOL....
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
What would u guys think about this-a little alteration to my original plan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy