[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mason a Knick?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
9/27/2001  6:33 PM
According to the Sun Sentinel the Knicks could be in the market for Anthony Mason. They have also expressed interest in Marc Jackson and Chris Gatling. Their $2.8M exception is more then Mason or the others have been offered because of the luxury tax, so this might be a good break for any of these players. With one of these guys we will be in great shape. Thoughts?

Link: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-nbarup27sep27.story?coll=sfla%2Dsports%2Dheat
AUTOADVERT
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
9/28/2001  11:14 AM
No to Mason and Gatling. they are just more Kurt Thomas and Othella Harringtons. but Marc Jackson would give us a center-like presence. I would be THRILLED if we could land Marc away from G.S.
Caseloads
Member: #41
9/28/2001  11:41 AM
Posted by Fordy74:

No to Mason and Gatling. they are just more Kurt Thomas and Othella Harringtons. but Marc Jackson would give us a center-like presence. I would be THRILLED if we could land Marc away from G.S.
I would be too. I'd rather get Jahidi, but it'd be the same regardless...
lovespree
Member: #53
USA
9/28/2001  1:39 PM
I don't think your source is accurate. I read somewhere yesterday that Mason wouldn't even consider coming back to the Knicks. Also, the report on ESPN today is that Mason wants the full 4.5 million exception or he's sitting out this season. So that would knock us out of the water anyway. And besides, we don't need Mason. That would be going backwards and for what? You see what's happening by us picking up Mark Jackson again..
NY KNICKS 4 EVER! Will we ever find players like Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniels, Patrick Ewing again? I hope so.
Mason a Knick?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy