[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we had two picks in the draft say pick 9 and pick 13 who would be your two picks?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/14/2003  11:19 AM
1. I will say mine are Travis Outlaw Kendrick Perkins and Ben gordon as my third option if someone was off the board.

I thought about this quite a bit--we dont really play rookies and it takes high schoolers 1-2 years to develop--so why not draft a 6-9 inch SF who is a MCD all america with athletic ability the Knicks havent had in ? how many years and a young center prospect that is 6-10 280 and ranked 2nd in rivals[outlaw is ranked 7] Ben Gordon IF he comes out is my favorite PG selection because of atheltic ability and his shot as an alternate.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/14/2003  11:33 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

1. I will say mine are Travis Outlaw Kendrick Perkins and Ben gordon as my third option if someone was off the board.

I thought about this quite a bit--we dont really play rookies and it takes high schoolers 1-2 years to develop--so why not draft a 6-9 inch SF who is a MCD all america with athletic ability the Knicks havent had in ? how many years and a young center prospect that is 6-10 280 and ranked 2nd in rivals[outlaw is ranked 7] Ben Gordon IF he comes out is my favorite PG selection because of atheltic ability and his shot as an alternate.

If I had to choose it would be Lang, Perkins or Ha Seung-Jin. Those are the my choices for a pick in the 9 range. I think the Knicks need more than anything is size. I liked you selection Wade more than Gordon. I think Curry has opened eyes with his play of late and he gives hope that players can develope with proper guidance.
fmoran
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #375
Canada
3/14/2003  11:55 AM
Posted by Vmart:

Ha Seung-Jin
As far as I know he isn't coming out. The NBA denied any rumors that they were lowering the age limit to 20 last week, so there'd be no rush for him to come out so soon.

If he said he was somewhere, though, just ignore little ol' me.

Oh and I say Greek Baby Shaq and Outlaw. These guys could be something special 4-5 years down the road. I'm talking T-Mac and Shaq.
go knicks!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/14/2003  12:06 PM
My options are open. I havent included Ben G in any post for awhile because I think he is going back to school. If he plays like last night throughout the tourney-he will get pressure to turn pro. If that happens-he has to jump up in front of Wade. While Wade is bigger a better rebounder and defnder--Ben gordon is on par athletically and has more all around skills
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/14/2003  12:08 PM
Posted by fmoran:
Posted by Vmart:

Ha Seung-Jin
As far as I know he isn't coming out. The NBA denied any rumors that they were lowering the age limit to 20 last week, so there'd be no rush for him to come out so soon.

If he said he was somewhere, though, just ignore little ol' me.

Oh and I say Greek Baby Shaq and Outlaw. These guys could be something special 4-5 years down the road. I'm talking T-Mac and Shaq.

Totally forgot about Greek Baby Shaq, As far as Ha he said in a interview that he didn't know about the rule change that allowed Millicic and Baby Shaq in. When he found out he said that he would talk to his father about it and his agent. So there is a chance he will enter in the draft. He said that was his goal to play in the NBA and if he wanted to play pro league in Korea he would have to complete two years of college before he would qualify for the korean pro league. So he may come out this year.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/14/2003  7:08 PM
Ha Seung Jin cannot enter the draft.

There seemed to be some confusion about what changes the league made so Darko and Sofoklis would be eligible, the thought was that they changed it into the year a player turned 18 he could get drafted.

However, and Stern has emphasized this in an article a few weeks back, the dispute about the age ruling of international players was one of interpretation. The league has now taken the same stance as the players association in that a player has to be 18 when he get's drafted and declare himself eligible for an early entry at least 45 days prior to the draft.

The way the NBAS looked at it before was, an intenational player can only be eligible for an early entry if he's at least 18 45 days prior to the draft.

Ha Seung Jin cannot enter this years draft, as he'd still be 17 on draft day.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/14/2003  11:39 PM
I definately like that Outlaw kid, loaded with potential... and with the 13th pick if Okafor was comming out and available I would love to get him. Emeka Okafor that is, we need some bigmen who can play on this team... If I have to continue to watch Doleac, othella and spoon, I am going to quit watching the knicks.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/15/2003  12:32 PM
Knicks only have one pick and I dont know where you get pick #13 but that wont happen (Knicks have nothing worth a pick).

If by a miracle and it truely would be a miracle you got two lotto picks you trade one and get Travis Outlaw.

If it were me id trade both for a "stud" and get James Jones with the #31 pick.
FYI - Ememka Okafor isnt going to the draft. Hes gonna graduate his junior year from Uconn. He is an academic all-american. And if he did hit the draft he would no lower than #4.

[Edited by - falcindor on 03/15/2003 12:34:28]
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
rain
Member: #353
USA
3/17/2003  3:15 PM
Two domestic players I like now are Josh Howard, SG/SF Wake Forest ... a great complete game and David Harrison, C, Colorado. Okafor would be a great fit for the Knicks. He won't be there if we keep winning and doesn't sound like he's coming out. The foreign guy that I want is Varejao from Brazil. Sounds like he's going to be versatile scorer able to create and draw mismatches.
atlballa
Member: #390
3/18/2003  8:31 PM
trade the 9th pick for Odom and then take Outlaw with the 13th pick

that way, you have Odom who can put up numbers now and in the future and can play anywhere on the court. And you got Outlaw, who is your project and a future all-star in like 3 years
john44
Member: #115
USA
3/19/2003  12:38 AM
I think since the knicks will not get a top three pick they will wind up trading the pick because they will not get a player they think can have an emediate impact. they will try to get either a big man or a point guard for the pick.
Also what is the tie breaker after head to head if the knicks tie the wizards.
Matt
If we had two picks in the draft say pick 9 and pick 13 who would be your two picks?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy