[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Look out below
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/14/2003  9:51 AM
All the talk is about NY cathcing up to Washington and Orlando....look out for Atlanta who is right behind the Knicks by 2 games and with an easy schedule coming up. Their next 4 games are against NY, Memphis, Chicago and Toronto. We could be claiming that 8th spot in the lotto pretty soon.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
3/14/2003  10:24 AM
That wouldnt be that bad. But we should try to win the most games as possible and let the balls decide where we pick. Who knows we could land #1, #2, or #3. If we ever land #1 the Knicks could be the best team in the league. The Lebron pick is probably the highest value in the NBA above any player right now. Knicks would have the power to get any 2 young studs in the NBA with that pick.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/14/2003  10:56 AM
Posted by Andrew:

All the talk is about NY cathcing up to Washington and Orlando....look out for Atlanta who is right behind the Knicks by 2 games and with an easy schedule coming up. Their next 4 games are against NY, Memphis, Chicago and Toronto. We could be claiming that 8th spot in the lotto pretty soon.

I look at the standings and root for Atlanta and the Knicks to lose just so the knicks could drop in the standing. Man I just wish this team realizes what they are missing out on. They gotta do a better job of positioning for the draft. A good pick now could result in 15 years of playoff run just as it happened with Ewing it can happen again. LeBron or Millicic could be the answer for this team and many other. Knicks could have a field day with this. Jersey sales to increasing already ridiculously priced tickets. This is a no brainer if I'm management I go after LeBron like there is no else in the draft. Focus on LeBron and even if the KNicks don't get him they can walk away from the draft with a stronger team. The Playoffs are a no win situation for the Knicks with the uncertainty of Vujanic coming and Dice's knee its in the best interest of the NYK future to think about the Draft not playoffs thats just playing for 4 extra games which doesn't mean anything to the average fan who wants a championship. I hope Atlanta, Memphis and Chicago have it in them to win some games and over take the knicks. They are young teams that have an upside the Knicks right now are in a downside and anyone here knows a team that going in the downward direction needs infusion of new talent and the place to get it is in the draft.

I'm not for tanking but the rules of the NBA allow for it so why shouldn't the Knicks be any different from say Denver or Cleveland. They are tanking games and so are other teams that I didn't mention. For those that say tanking is against the rules from what I know it not illegal because there is no rule in the NBA that says it is. Its been going on for sometime and the NBA has done thing to prevent it but they haven't covered all their bases and teams still joust for positioning in the draft.
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
3/14/2003  12:05 PM
It isn't as easy as it sounds. Memphis and Chicago have been playing great lately, and Atlanta has had big problems on defense.

And Vmart, you always play to win. Talk all you want about Cleveland and Denver throwing games, but they just aren't good enough. If losing was their mission this season, why would the Cavs fire Lucas? No one wants to lose, regardless of who's coming out in the draft. Do you think Lebron would resign with Cleveland with the team they have? No, he'd serve his time and jump ship.

Point is, never criticize your team for trying to win. That's what the players are there to do.

[Edited by - fmoran on 03/14/2003 12:06:02]
go knicks!
Vmart
USA
3/14/2003  12:25 PM
Posted by fmoran:

It isn't as easy as it sounds. Memphis and Chicago have been playing great lately, and Atlanta has had big problems on defense.

And Vmart, you always play to win. Talk all you want about Cleveland and Denver throwing games, but they just aren't good enough. If losing was their mission this season, why would the Cavs fire Lucas? No one wants to lose, regardless of who's coming out in the draft. Do you think Lebron would resign with Cleveland with the team they have? No, he'd serve his time and jump ship.

Point is, never criticize your team for trying to win. That's what the players are there to do.

[Edited by - fmoran on 03/14/2003 12:06:02]

Your wrong on that they are tanking. This is why I say they are. They have the best center in the east in Big Z. They have a scorer in Davis. They have a solid PF in Boozer and Hill before they released him. They have Miles who is a good sf. Rookies in Parker and Wagner who play well on given nights. How are they losing you just don't lose with that kind of talent unless some one is throwing games. All they have to do is sure up the defense and they are in the game and they won't even do that. As far as Denver is concerned yes they are tanking why would they trade their best player in Posey in middle of the season. No one will tell you this but the fact is they wanted to give Nene and Skeeta run yeah ok they want in the leBron thing and they are gonna get in it with real good chance to win.

Bimbo said it, he was on the team he said it why can't you guys understand what he was saying he wasn't speaking Mandrian. Tanking goes on and thats the truth you convince yourself what you want but the fact is Tanking is happening to date.

Player play to win management plays for the championship and money. If its in the best interest of the ball club to throw games then its an option. No one is going to argue it tanking is a part of the game until NBA comes up with a better rule to prevent it its going to happen.
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
3/14/2003  1:26 PM
Bimbo said it because he was frustrated with the losing. That kind of lashing out is typical. Why would they fire Lucas? Because, like you pointed out, they have too much talent to be losing like they are. That doesn't mean they are throwing away games, that means they are underachieving.

Not everything is a fix, bro. It is possible for teams to suck as bad as Denver and Cleveland. I mean Memphis doesn't have a draft pick this year, so why would they throw away the first 13 games of the year?

Tanking isn't an option. That's where your wrong. Sure it's sounds good on paper: one forgotten season for a great pick. But asking players to throw games so that some young guy can take their place is the most unprofessional thing you could do. It may not be in a franchise's best interest to win, but it should be the desire of every player who steps on the court. I'd rather see our players try and fail than never try at all.
go knicks!
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/14/2003  1:35 PM
They won I believe 19 games so far. Thats not that bad considering they have no veterans. The bad Dallas teams of the 90's had 10 or 12 win seasons.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Vmart
USA
3/14/2003  1:43 PM
Posted by fmoran:

Bimbo said it because he was frustrated with the losing. That kind of lashing out is typical. Why would they fire Lucas? Because, like you pointed out, they have too much talent to be losing like they are. That doesn't mean they are throwing away games, that means they are underachieving.

Not everything is a fix, bro. It is possible for teams to suck as bad as Denver and Cleveland. I mean Memphis doesn't have a draft pick this year, so why would they throw away the first 13 games of the year?

Tanking isn't an option. That's where your wrong. Sure it's sounds good on paper: one forgotten season for a great pick. But asking players to throw games so that some young guy can take their place is the most unprofessional thing you could do. It may not be in a franchise's best interest to win, but it should be the desire of every player who steps on the court. I'd rather see our players try and fail than never try at all.

Ok I'll take your word for it they aren't tanking.
Look out below

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy