[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

About that exception
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
9/27/2001  12:45 PM
So a couple of papers have been reporting that the Knicks have received the exception for Luc worth 2.8M. Dave D'Allesandro has written that the Knicks need to use it by Oct. 1st, or lose it forever. This might not be true. According to Larry Coon's CBA site...
If a player is disabled between July 1 and November 30, the team must acquire the replacement player within 45 days. If the player is disabled between December 1 and June 30, and the physician determines that the player will be out the entire following season as well, then the team has until October 1 to sign a replacement.

From that it would seem that the Knicks would get 45 days to find a player.

Also, the exception may be used to create additional room when matching salaries for trades. When used for trade, it is treated in a similar fashion to the traded player exception. This brings up some possible trade scenerios that might not previously been possible. Is Burrell insurance for the possible trading of Spree? Maybe.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
NYinCR
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #119
Costa Rica
9/27/2001  2:13 PM
Can you give me a link to that website?
Andrew
USA
9/27/2001  2:15 PM
Posted by NYinCR:

Can you give me a link to that website?

Sure. Really a great site with accurate info.

http://www.members.home.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
PURE KNICKS LOVE
NYinCR
Member: #119
Costa Rica
9/27/2001  2:26 PM
Thanks.

Do you think this can help us to get Marc Jackson by using the exception & some players? We could probably sign Olden Polynice with it.
Andrew
USA
9/27/2001  2:32 PM
Posted by NYinCR:

Do you think this can help us to get Marc Jackson by using the exception & some players? We could probably sign Olden Polynice with it.

Polynice might be a possibility. He is after all an ex Utah player, but his recent law troubles might keep the Knicks away. I haven't see him enough to say how much he could help the team.

I don't think it really helps us get Marc Jackson. It gives us a some hope, but it really is all up to Golden State and whether they want to match any offer givin to him. I believe as a restricted free agent he cannot be signed and traded, so attempting that route is futile.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
9/27/2001  2:55 PM
Sure, the Warriors can match any offer for Marc, but if he has a brain wouldn't he prefer to sign with the Knicks - in NY, a great city and the b-ball Mecca - with whom he can make the postseason???
We suck.
Andrew
USA
9/27/2001  2:57 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

Sure, the Warriors can match any offer for Marc, but if he has a brain wouldn't he prefer to sign with the Knicks - in NY, a great city and the b-ball Mecca - with whom he can make the postseason???

Unfortunatley it doesn't work like that. If Golden State matches, they automatically keep him. Marc Jackson has no say in the matter. That's why it's such a dificult situation for him.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
RemBee76
Member: #89
USA
9/27/2001  3:10 PM
Golden State has apparently been very silent. According to Jackson's agent, he has not received any calls from GS management. To me this means one of two things. The more likely scenario is GS knows they got Jackson in a bind are taking their time with re-signing him. Waiting until Jackson gets some offers will help them figure out what his market value is. The second, least likely possibility, is that GS might not be interested in signing him. After all, it is no secret that Jackson feels slighted by the Warrior's silence. If the Warriors wanted him to come back to the team with a positive attitude, would they have really played this harsh brand of "Hard-Ball"?

The only other thing that gives me hope is how excited Jackson's agent was to hear that the Knicks got an exception. He exclaimed "This is what I have been waiting for."

I guess it goes without saying that Jackson will be Layden's first choice for the 2.8. I guess that means that the ball is in Golden State's court.
Its like a groupie website, or bitter ex-wives club. -Sebstar
Andrew
USA
9/27/2001  3:23 PM
Rembee, you are right on with your analysis. I don't know why GS is risking alienating Jackson.

Some more info on the situation:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2001/09/27/SP185654.DTL
PURE KNICKS LOVE
VG
Member: #68
Australia
9/28/2001  5:18 AM
A guy at realgm.com who posted the recent Anderson-Rice trade and the Kidd-Marbury before it was official says the Knicks have a deal in the works that would send out Ward and Longley's $3M med exception for a big man.

Any ideas who it could be??? Ward and the exception together is $2.8 mill + $5.5 mill= $8.3 mill.
MCfan23
USA
9/28/2001  9:40 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by MCfan23:

Unfortunatley it doesn't work like that. If Golden State matches, they automatically keep him. Marc Jackson has no say in the matter. That's why it's such a dificult situation for him.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up Andrew.
We suck.
MCfan23
USA
9/28/2001  9:43 AM
Posted by VG:

A guy at realgm.com who posted the recent Anderson-Rice trade and the Kidd-Marbury before it was official says the Knicks have a deal in the works that would send out Ward and Longley's $3M med exception for a big man.

Any ideas who it could be??? Ward and the exception together is $2.8 mill + $5.5 mill= $8.3 mill.

Well, Shaquille O'Neal would be nice...
We suck.
About that exception

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy