[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/11/2003  12:27 PM
Elton Brand sould be a priority for the KNicks. I don't think Dice will make it back if he does great but the KNicks need to take the Grant Hill approach and think that he won't be back. If Dice comes back I can see Brand playing the SF position he is that capable a player. He has a very good medium range jumper and can post up smaller players. If the Knicks don't land in the top three in the lottery I wouldn't mind the KNicks trading away their pick in a sign and trade for Brand. He would give the knicks a skilled pf if Dice doen't make it back he wuld make a better sf than Spree he can hold his own with taller sf and most importantly he can give the KNicks a double double from the sf position.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/11/2003  3:16 PM
I don't see Brand ever playing the SF position. Don't think he could ever keep up on the defensive end. And from a trade perspective, you would have to give up more than just a first rounder for him.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
USA
3/11/2003  3:35 PM
Posted by martin:

I don't see Brand ever playing the SF position. Don't think he could ever keep up on the defensive end. And from a trade perspective, you would have to give up more than just a first rounder for him.

Brand has lost a lot of weight since he came in to the league. He weighs 245 and there are sf that weigh that much. he is quick and has long arms which would help him on the defense. He is in the LJ mold he is versatile and he definitely can guard the sf of the league. He would be a better defensive player than many of the current sf out there. I can see him playing the sf. What gets me is that we really don't know what the Clip want. They don't want to give big money for any of the players and they may lose brand after next year as an unrestricted FA. I think offering them KT and the number one would be sufficient. if not then they should throw in a second rounder to get it done.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/11/2003  3:43 PM
Elton Brand comes from Puke University. (dont mind me, my ex went there and I dislike the school) However, I dont think he is what this team needs. NY needs a Darko or a Lebron - not Brand.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
3/11/2003  3:47 PM
We need rebounding and shot blocking... Length. A Marcus Camby that can stay healthy.. a role player that can intimidate on Defense. I'd love to get Haislip out of Milwaukee... Spree, Houston, and Dice will be doing all the scoring... hopefully Milos will be dishing.
Vmart
USA
3/11/2003  4:02 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Elton Brand comes from Puke University. (dont mind me, my ex went there and I dislike the school) However, I dont think he is what this team needs. NY needs a Darko or a Lebron - not Brand.

The way its going for the Knicks it seems they have no interest in the draft. Darko and LeBron are becoming after thoughts here in NY. What a shame it would have been great to see them in the NYK uniform an opportunity lost and championships lost. As far a Brand he is exactly what the KNicks need Dice is a iffy thing at best now and his recovery should be in doubt the KNicks need to move as though he isn't coming back. Brand is an excellent alternative if he isn't able to come back. Brand is a excellent player that has range out to 15-20 feet and that is exactly what they need. If Dice comes back and they put Brand with him in the front court they would easily have one of the best front courts in the game especialy in rebounding. It fall in the No rebounds no ring theory.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/11/2003  4:20 PM
In all honesty, I would prefer to see Nene in an NY uniform. This kid is going to be a beast.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/11/2003  4:27 PM
Brand isnt attainable for the Knicks. He is a restricted free agent meaning the Cipper either resign him or let him walk since he wants max money. Clippers arent going to take back a big salary in return especially since what ever we give them is way inferior to Brand.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Vmart
USA
3/11/2003  4:36 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Brand isnt attainable for the Knicks. He is a restricted free agent meaning the Cipper either resign him or let him walk since he wants max money. Clippers arent going to take back a big salary in return especially since what ever we give them is way inferior to Brand.

I think he is can be had. I mean after watching some of the deals that went down this season I think anything can happen. I never thought the Bucks would trade Ray Allen but they did. I thought Memphis wanted to deal Swift it turned out to be Gooden so anything can happen. The Knicks just have to comeup with a good trade. Thomas, Number one and second round pick is very good.
Vmart
USA
3/11/2003  4:39 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

In all honesty, I would prefer to see Nene in an NY uniform. This kid is going to be a beast.

That was a sad day for me. I wanted Nene on the Knicks probably more than any other player in the draft asides from Ming. When the Knicks announced his name I was jumping up and down. When they traded him I just shook my head. And thought there goes the future of this team.
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
3/11/2003  9:11 PM
As far as Brand goes, we should, but it would never happen.

I still say we should make a run for Hilario. Throw everything Kiki's way. The works.
go knicks!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/12/2003  10:47 PM
Posted by fmoran:

As far as Brand goes, we should, but it would never happen.

I still say we should make a run for Hilario. Throw everything Kiki's way. The works.

This can't be a serious post....Tell me it is a Joke!! first of all you posted in another thread that we can't get any young talent with the players on our roster and then you are trying trying to get a guy that Denver covets and that we traded away for Dice!!

I got it, lets offer them Dice for nene.. that should work....

For christ sakes!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/12/2003  10:51 PM
Vmart: I like brand a lot and he would be great in NY... Plus Dice knee is still a question... I thought the clipps would have re-upped him by now but they are as stupid as the knicks are when it comes to contract negotiations, they don't spend and we spend too much....

By the way, Brand at the SF spot is a no-no...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
3/13/2003  6:50 PM
Whoa, it sure wouldn't be an fmoran post wihtout a tkf reply. Seriously, get a life.

Of course I want Nene. He's a beast. I love the guy's game. I wish he could be a Knick alongside Houston, Spree, Dice, and Milos. And we should throw everything Kiki's way. He's gonna be special.

Does that mean we'll get him? Nah, all it means is I wish we could.
go knicks!
tkf
3/13/2003  9:27 PM
Posted by fmoran:

Whoa, it sure wouldn't be an fmoran post wihtout a tkf reply. Seriously, get a life.

Of course I want Nene. He's a beast. I love the guy's game. I wish he could be a Knick alongside Houston, Spree, Dice, and Milos. And we should throw everything Kiki's way. He's gonna be special.

Does that mean we'll get him? Nah, all it means is I wish we could.
first of all I have a life, but reading your post is good entertainment. sort of like watching the knicks play (rolling eyes)

haha!!! this is what I mean, and why I am so pissed at this team and management, this trade was a gaffe from the start, We had nene, and now all we have are wishes..This is why I say just blow this team up from top to bottom..... management especially... Waiting this thing out like you suggest with layden at the helm will just keep knicks fans angry and at each others throat...
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/14/2003  2:12 AM
Whats to be mad about. Knicks didnt want Nene. Knicks werent even going to pick him. Knicks we going to ger Caron Butler or Chris Wilcox. Knicks did the right thing by getting McDyess.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
tkf
3/14/2003  8:56 AM
Posted by falcindor:

Whats to be mad about. Knicks didnt want Nene. Knicks werent even going to pick him. Knicks we going to ger Caron Butler or Chris Wilcox. Knicks did the right thing by getting McDyess.

Knicks did the right thing by getting McDyess.

Lets hope so, right now it doesn't look too good...
killacross
Member: #58
USA
3/14/2003  7:01 PM
Posted by rain:

We need rebounding and shot blocking... Length. A Marcus Camby that can stay healthy.. a role player that can intimidate on Defense. I'd love to get Haislip out of Milwaukee... Spree, Houston, and Dice will be doing all the scoring... hopefully Milos will be dishing.

I dont know what the knicks would give up to get him, but I would love to see layden trade for haislip as well. I've seen him play quite a few times. Not quite as long as camby, but 100 times stronger (the guys is ripped, but not bulky, kind of like a horse?). He also has a good 3 pt shot. He plays much better facing the basket, than with his back to the basket. The one big knock against haislip is his nba IQ right now. Whenever he gets into games, he appears lost and gets in the way 9 out of 10 times on the offensive end.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy