[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ha Seung-Jin
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/9/2003  12:49 PM
He's a 7-4, 305lbs center with an identical game to Yao Ming. He's only 18, but will probably enter the draft this year because if he doesn't he will likely have to wait another two years with the new rule that might be in affect. He's only 18 so he might not make as quick of a impact, but he might be already stronger and quicker than Yao. He's someone to consider for this year's draft no question. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/9/2003  1:08 PM
His name seems Chinese. If so, he wont be in the NBA anytime soon. There alot of of things they would have to do to make that happen. He also is required to serve in the Chinese Army.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/9/2003  6:04 PM
He's Korean which could have an affect but hopefully not. The article i read about him coming to the league didn't mention anything about whats going on in the world so i'm assuming it doesn't affect him. Here's what they said about him on nbadraft.net. I think the profile is probably from the end of last year.

Ha Seung-Jin
Birthdate: 1985
NBA Position: Center
Class: HS Junior
Ht: 7-3
Wt: 305
Hometown: Seoul, Korea
High School: Samil Commerce

NBA Comparison: Yao Ming

Ha Sueng-Jin has Yao Ming like qualities, with enormous size, good dexterity and composure. His touch on his shot is good, making Ha another Asian bigman sensation. Plus he has the quickness and size to be a shot blocker and a defensive presence. Ha will be able to break new ground as the first Korean player to ever play in the NBA. Ha has stated that he will declare for the 2004 NBA draft. One very encouraging note is that Ha can play a game all the way through without getting winded. Which is impressive considering his age and enormous size. Possibly most astounding is that X-rays reveal that he is still growing!

On Jan 30th SFX group went to South Korea and tested Seung-jin's agility, ball-handling skills and shooting ability over two days. Seung-jin was given rave reviews by the group. Before the change in the NBA's International eligibility rule, Ha was not eligible for the 2003 NBA Draft. He planned to stay in South Korea for another year while he earned his high school degree. After which he would head to the the United States to train. No word on whether Ha's plans have changed due to the change in the rule, however it's likely that Ha will stay with the plan and train for the 2004 draft. If all goes well, Ha Seung-jin will be the first Korean to make it to the NBA. As a sophomore he led his high school team to a 22-0 record, averaging 27 points and 10 rebounds per game. He has led his team to four championship titles including one at the National Sports Festival in Cheju last November.

Basketball in his genes: Ha's father, Dong-ki who is 6-6 tall, was a former member of the Korean National team that placed second at the 1978 Bangkok Asian Games. Ha's sister, also an astonishing 6-6, had a successful basketball career.

Lee Yun-hwan (Seung-jin's High School coach) on Ha:
"Even with such imposing height, he is nimble and shrewd, keying rallies at both ends of the court. He can play a game all the way through without losing his wind."

"After building his frame to perfect condition, he will become a competitive player in the U.S. As you can see, he is still growing. He has enormous potential", said Choun Soo-gil, an Internet sports columnist and webmaster for the Korea Basketball Association.

Injury concerns: Players of Seung-jin's size are prime candidates for knee and foot injuries. With injuries having ended or limited the careers of countless bigmen including Ralph Sampson, Gheorge Muresan, Arvydas Sabonis, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and others. Both Ha's father and sister had successful basketball careers end prematurely due to injury. Staying healthy appears to be the biggest area of concern for him. "Health is the most important thing which my son should keep in mind," said Ha's 6-6 father Dong-ki.

Ha on his future:
"I will prevail on the court to realize what my father failed to accomplish. It's time for me to concentrate on practicing."
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
3/11/2003  1:16 PM
Take the dude in the 3rd round.. if available. Earlier if scouted and confirmed that he will be able to play....
The Old Man of UK...
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/11/2003  1:28 PM
Posted by UKDad:

Take the dude in the 3rd round.. if available. Earlier if scouted and confirmed that he will be able to play....

I don't think they have a third round. After the second round the players not drafted can be picked up by any team as a free agent. Last year I want the Knicks to pick up Christofferson from Oregon. He was listed at 7'3 300lbs. I still think he would have been a better pick up than Pope.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/11/2003  1:32 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

He's a 7-4, 305lbs center with an identical game to Yao Ming. He's only 18, but will probably enter the draft this year because if he doesn't he will likely have to wait another two years with the new rule that might be in affect. He's only 18 so he might not make as quick of a impact, but he might be already stronger and quicker than Yao. He's someone to consider for this year's draft no question. Thoughts?

If he is available with the denver second round pick the KNicks should pick him up with that. Same with Lang.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/11/2003  1:33 PM
Hes probably not eleigble. Hes not even mentioned as aprospect.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Ha Seung-Jin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy