[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Darius Rice
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
3/4/2003  11:21 AM
He just said he will enter the draft this year. A 6-10 SF. What are your thoughts on him. He says he wanted to be a 1st rounder or he will go back and play another season at the University of Miami.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/4/2003  11:54 AM
Well -here's my school of thought. With Mcdyess coming back, there is no doubt that we should be comitted to taking a draft pick this year. We need the pipeline on the bench to be restocked in the worst way. In fatc it would behoove us to move Harrington or Thomas for an additional choice because we essentially have 4 4s.

OK Let's deal with pick 9. My take is we go after either Kendrick Perkins or Chris Kaman. Perkins high school teams have lost only three games in three years. He has been consitent with 25 points 15 rebounds and 7 blocks this year and has ranked number 1 in all of the ABCD type camps he has gone to. Does that correlate with NBA success? i dont know-but at 6-10 280 or so with good fundamantals and a winning attitude-he seems like a draft pick that makes sense.

Chris Kaman will be on National TV in the next 10 days or so-the numbers he has put up at CMU have been outstanding 22 points 12 rebounds 3 blocks. he runs the floor very well[they play uptempo basketball] and can shoot with either hand out to 17 feet or so. While some people have questions about some draftees actual height., Kaman is a true 7 feet 260 pounds. The problem is that he doesnt play against the top competition inthe MAC but he did have 30 points 21 rebounds against Michigan-which was the best game in the BIG ten this year.

Obviously being able to see the guys play would help us make better determinations. Kaman will be on ESPN next week and Perkins wil be the starting center in the MCDs game. There is also the posibility of a foreign born center coming out--we just have to wait for more information.

As for darius rice-my opinion is that he is a bit soft and cant drive the ball BUT he is very long-he can fill it up from the outside and post smaller 3s up. He is also disruptive on defense. I could see our interest in him but i think it would be on a basis of trading down or moving our second rounders up to the first round in combination with a trade. hes an interesting player but if sacremento was true about trading hedo for a mid range 1st rounder-then inmho-we should attack the possibility of grabbing hedo first. he just has more game and seems tougher.
RIP Crushalot😞
falcindor
USA
3/4/2003  1:52 PM
Kendrick Perkins better go to school. Those numbers are flat for a high schooler.

Darius Rice, you cant teach 6-10 at SF. He is listed to go at 21 on www.nbadraft.net but expect him to move up the sooner we get to draft time.

[Edited by - falcindor on 03/04/2003 13:54:56]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/4/2003  4:19 PM
Darius Rice is not worth the 9th pick. He's an intruiging player--but he plays soft and does not poccess the ability to drive the ball to the basket. he is strictly an outside shooting 3 who can also post up. He is a disruptive player on defense because he is just so long that he can cause problems in many facets-yet lacks lateral quickness aginst quick NBA 3s.

Kendrick Perkins is a worthy 9 pick. He has a good head on his shoulders. He is put together at 6-10 or so and 275 pds. He has the frame that will keep him away from the DL--but more importantly
A. his teams have lost only three games in 3 years.
B. EVERY major ABC type camp he has attended with all the other big time high school players--he has ranked 1.
C.the Knicks need a center and even if they have to wait on his development a bit--it's in their best long term interests

I agree 100% that we need a regular size 3-and I believe we can work a deal where we send Kurt Thomas to teams like Golden state Boston orlando for an ending contract and a first round pick and send that pick to Sacremento for Hedo. Hedo is a young very talented tough player who can do a great deal of things. what a perfect fit for the Knicks.

Im just saying if we can pull of the three deals I mentioned

vujonic and ward for Miller sign and trade
draft perkins
Send Thomas+ both second round picks for foyle and their pick which we move on to Sacremento for hedo---our offseason looks like this

we get rid of thomas ward Postell Nailon
we bring in
Perkins 6-10 275 18 years old
Turkgolu SF 6-10 225 23 years old
Andre miller PG 6-2 200 26 years old
Adonal foyle C 6-10 265 27 years old

You have revamped your team--you have taken care of the need for size. You have brought in all young players with skill talent and size/ You take the heat off of Houston and sprewell so they are more effecient. You have increased team defense threefold rebounding threefold and shot blocking threefold. You have added true stability at the point for years. Thats a team that can compete for a championship for several years while each year you draft picks to replace guys like sprewell when his contract runs dry. A deep team like this--there is no need to play houston consitently 40 minutes AND the team can sustain injury like sacremento has and still win.
RIP Crushalot😞
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/4/2003  6:00 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Darius Rice is not worth the 9th pick. He's an intruiging player--but he plays soft and does not poccess the ability to drive the ball to the basket. he is strictly an outside shooting 3 who can also post up. He is a disruptive player on defense because he is just so long that he can cause problems in many facets-yet lacks lateral quickness aginst quick NBA 3s.

Kendrick Perkins is a worthy 9 pick. He has a good head on his shoulders. He is put together at 6-10 or so and 275 pds. He has the frame that will keep him away from the DL--but more importantly
A. his teams have lost only three games in 3 years.
B. EVERY major ABC type camp he has attended with all the other big time high school players--he has ranked 1.
C.the Knicks need a center and even if they have to wait on his development a bit--it's in their best long term interests

I agree 100% that we need a regular size 3-and I believe we can work a deal where we send Kurt Thomas to teams like Golden state Boston orlando for an ending contract and a first round pick and send that pick to Sacremento for Hedo. Hedo is a young very talented tough player who can do a great deal of things. what a perfect fit for the Knicks.

Im just saying if we can pull of the three deals I mentioned

vujonic and ward for Miller sign and trade
draft perkins
Send Thomas+ both second round picks for foyle and their pick which we move on to Sacremento for hedo---our offseason looks like this

we get rid of thomas ward Postell Nailon
we bring in
Perkins 6-10 275 18 years old
Turkgolu SF 6-10 225 23 years old
Andre miller PG 6-2 200 26 years old
Adonal foyle C 6-10 265 27 years old

You have revamped your team--you have taken care of the need for size. You have brought in all young players with skill talent and size/ You take the heat off of Houston and sprewell so they are more effecient. You have increased team defense threefold rebounding threefold and shot blocking threefold. You have added true stability at the point for years. Thats a team that can compete for a championship for several years while each year you draft picks to replace guys like sprewell when his contract runs dry. A deep team like this--there is no need to play houston consitently 40 minutes AND the team can sustain injury like sacremento has and still win.
again, great plan, but i don't know about andre miller. he looked awesome in cleveland, and a complete bust on the clippers. complete bust. was he just a good player on a bad team w/ the clippers? he should be leading the clippers this year, although he can't counteract the contract year issue.
falcindor
USA
3/4/2003  6:06 PM
Knicks are willing to do what ever to ger Andre Miller. They cant stand to see JKidd in NJ making them look bad.

Word is the Clippers will resign most players for slightly more than 4.6 since only 2 teams will have significant cap space. Clippers might look the same next year and then he intends to only keep 1 or 2 players. They probably will keep Andre, but the Knicks are going to try to wow them with an outragous offer.
Darius Rice

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy