[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we dont win the lottery would u be happy with these three moves?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/3/2003  8:38 PM
#1 Vujonic and Ward + 2.5mm in cash to the La Clippers in a sign and trade for Andre Miller.
#2 Ny sends Kurt Thomas and both second round picks to GS for their first round pick in 2003+ Adonal Foyle. Ny trades the draft pick selection to Sacremento for the rights to Hedo Turkgolu
# NY Drafts Kendrick Perkins C 6-11 275 C--Ozen high school with the 8th pick

C-Foyle 6-10 265
PF Mcdyess 6-9 245
SF-Hedo 6-10 225
SG Houston 6-6 200
PG Miller 6-2 200
6th man Sprewell 6-5 190
Andersen 6-6 215
Harrington 6-7 235
Eisley 6-2 180
Perkins 6-11 275
Spoon
Williams
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/4/2003  12:15 PM
I wouldnt give up Vujonic for Miller.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/4/2003  12:19 PM
all really nice moves, but i'd leave out the milos trade, just because of the LA Clippers fiasco with Andre Miller at the helm. supposedly his stock right now is so low that he won't get more than a midlevel exception, right now.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
3/4/2003  4:00 PM
Briggs I'm with you except on that Andre Miller Trade. Give Milos a chance. Miller is a good player, but not a superstar. Milos may have a chance to be a superstar. I'll make that trade with Golden State whether we can get the Turk or not. Take Darius Rice or the 6'11 SM from yugoslavia.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/4/2003  4:16 PM
#1 Miller was thrown into a no win situation. Andre is still an elite PG, but he needs to be matched up with the right players. The Clippers wouldnt do that trade. They rather let him walk.

#2 is absolutely no happening. KT isnt going to get you a lotto pick he couldnt fetch a 1st rounder from the Lakers.

#3 Knicks will not pick at #8. Knicks either will be top 3 or they will all the way at #10. If you read how the lottery works #8 wont happen.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
falcindor
USA
3/4/2003  4:20 PM
Darius Rice is the way to go. Most likely the Knicks dont get a top 3 pick. Darius should be the one to pick IF he still on the board.

The best PG the Knicks should be looking at is in the eastern conference. Juan Dixon. The most underrated PG in the league. He has the poise already and has the best handle in the rookie class. Hes gonna be an all-star in the next 2 years. Having Tyrone Lue and Larry Hughes makes it difficult. But Jordan retiring should open up the point for Dixon, once they move Hughes to his natural position at SG.
BRIGGS
3/4/2003  4:40 PM
[quote]
Posted by falcindor:

#1 Miller was thrown into a no win situation. Andre is still an elite PG, but he needs to be matched up with the right players. The Clippers wouldnt do that trade. They rather let him walk.

#2 is absolutely no happening. KT isnt going to get you a lotto pick he couldnt fetch a 1st rounder from the Lakers.

#3 Knicks will not pick at #8. Knicks either will be top 3 or they will all the way at #10. If you read how the lottery works #8 wont happen.

#1 Why wouldn't the Clippers do that deal? They are netting Vujonic for nothing. If you were GM of the Clippers-would you rather let Miller walk away for nothing-or add Vujonic on a three year 4 mm$ contract to back up Jaric? Vujonic wouldve been a lotto pick or close to it this year. Its a no brainer for both clubs.

#2 Kurt Thomas is a MUCH more skilled player than Foyle. The warriors already have Dampier-Foyle really is just another form of Dampier in many ways. Kurt Thomas brings a whole different dimension which includes scoring rebounding and savvy. Golden State really doenst need any more rookies--nor do they need to waste 1mm on a first round pick when they can get two high seconds which in this draft could be players that are better than pick 13-15. Thomas is a veteran frontcourt upgrade and they do not have to icnrease payroll to do it. You have to be kidding me-there are plenty of teams who would give up a pick 10-18 for Kurt Thomas. Just think-throw KT on the Celtics for one of the first round picks and an ending contract--all off a sudden where are the Celtics? You are overvaluing the draft in this case and undervaluing KT.
#3 Right now the Knicks pick 9. I have a feeling when all is said and done perkins will go between 5-9. We dont know what young foreign big men will enter the draft. We dont know about underclassmen. heck we may even win the lottery right! So my pick is just a guidline at this point like anyone else's. But I guarantee you that darius Rice will not be drafted by the Knicks. he could easily be a player that slips down quite aways.
RIP Crushalot😞
falcindor
USA
3/4/2003  5:45 PM
Kurt is a PF. The warrior have more PF's than we do. Kurt will never net a 1st rounder and a C. I dont care how bad the C is he wont get 1st rounder. So that whole trade scenario goes out the window.
Caseloads
3/4/2003  6:09 PM
let me set the record straight. KT can net a first rounder. he was a lotto pick. it was pretty much a conspiracy that he wasn't selected to the "All-Star" team this year, as he is better at Center (even though he's a PF) than brad miller or big Z, period.

I think Kurt and Ward (buyout/expiring contract) could get you Dampier/Foyle and junk (Chris Mills, Bobby Sura) and a first round pick, which would be like #11-13 if GS continues their high play...

I don't believe that the Kings would trade Hedo for a pick # 11-13. I just don't though. He's worth at least as much as Mike Miller in my opinion which was a top 5 lotto pick. Hedo is pretty much a surefire SF who can play defense and handles the rock well.

AND!!!
OUR PICK WILL EITHER BE TOP 3 (if the lotto favors us) or (9 to 13 - if one of the teams from behind us sneaks into the top 3 with the lotto)
falcindor
USA
3/4/2003  6:30 PM
Wow. There is no way that remotely is close to fair. There is no chance for that to happen.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
3/4/2003  11:40 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Darius Rice is the way to go. Most likely the Knicks dont get a top 3 pick. Darius should be the one to pick IF he still on the board.

The best PG the Knicks should be looking at is in the eastern conference. Juan Dixon. The most underrated PG in the league. He has the poise already and has the best handle in the rookie class. Hes gonna be an all-star in the next 2 years. Having Tyrone Lue and Larry Hughes makes it difficult. But Jordan retiring should open up the point for Dixon, once they move Hughes to his natural position at SG.
Mr. Falcindor, sorry to tell you this but Juan Dixon is not a PG. He's a little shooting guard. He shoots more then he passes. He does not reallly know how to orchesatrate an offense. He likes to shoot, shoot and shoot...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Caseloads
3/5/2003  12:13 AM
Posted by knicksbb10:
Posted by falcindor:

Mr. Falcindor, sorry to tell you this but Juan Dixon is not a PG. He's a little shooting guard. He shoots more then he passes. He does not reallly know how to orchesatrate an offense. He likes to shoot, shoot and shoot...
"He's just a little shooting guard" - rofl
"He likes to shoot, shoot and shoot..." - rofl
falcindor
USA
3/5/2003  6:51 AM
Juan can play the point. He can run an offense. He played PG in colege but GM still didnt think he could play it in the NBA. Wizard have been playing him at PG recently and hes done a great job.

FYI- Vujanic like to shoot, shoot, shoot.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/5/2003  10:51 AM
Dixon has a better handle that Jay Williams? No.

Didn't Blake play the point at Maryland last year? Yup.

Dixon an Allstar in 2 years? Very unlikely.

Can run the offense? Why is he stuck behind 'star' point guards such as Lue and Hughes?

Juan has gotten some play recently, but still over the last 5 games is averaging twice as many turnovers than asists.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/5/2003  7:45 PM
"Wizard have been playing him at PG recently and hes done a great job."-That's because of nagging injuries to Hughes and Lue, before that he was getting no burn, and Andrew is right, Blake played PG at Maryland, not Dixon.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
USA
3/6/2003  11:23 AM
OK so I just got chewed up in that discussion. But I still think he can be a good PG.

I dont like the idea of getting a high school C. Nothing against high schoolers but Kendrick Perkins isnt even 7 feet. And the scoop on him is he doesnt have great jumping ability. Thats not the type of risk I would take with the lotto pick. Tyson Chandler and Kwame Brown are both 7 feet and are great leapers so they were different. His best bet is to try a year of college unless he took money or something and is uneligible.

[Edited by - falcindor on 03/06/2003 11:24:17]
BRIGGS
3/6/2003  5:05 PM
You know who Moses Malone was right? He was perhaps 6-10 265 or so. He couldnt jump very well nor was he an exceptional athlete. It's impossible to speculate at this point about anything concerning the draft-we can offer opinion. I mean if we were lucky enough to land the 1-2-3 picks--we could adjust the team to build around those players. If we are not lucky enough to get into those slots--IMHO there is no doubt in my mind that we SHOULD look very hard at any potential big man that comes out for the draft including foreign high school and college. One thing I have noticed over the years-many times the number 1-2 ranked high school players tend to become very good to great NBA players. You know the old saying-you cant teach size and 6-10 280 pounds is pretty d big. Other than the fact that kendrick's numbers never improved from sophmore to senior-they were consistent. even if it takes him a year or two to get accustomed to nBA basketball-the Knicks have to put an anchor player with skill on their club-even if they have to wait for him. Well get to see guys like Chris Kaman and Perkins coming up this month. Both will be going aginst tough competition-so we will get to see first hand what they have. also we dont even know yet about guys like Kosta Perovic Tiago Spiltter Andersen Viajeo etc... if they are going to enter the draft and their skill levels. Its still to early.

Obviously im sure every knick fan wants to win the lottery number 1 IF not-there is no doubt in my mind that this year we will either be drafting a player or trading down to draft two or three players. Every player on our team is 30+ next year except doleac. We need an anchor player a 3 man more athletic ability--we need a lot. we are going to need to make more moves than just drafting one player.

I know some people are bent on keeping vujonic-but Im in the club of trying to package Ward and Vujonic to the LA Clippers for Miller--unless Vujonic can nab us a big.

I am very keen on attempting a trade for Hedo if we dont land lebron. Im sure we can offer a future restricted 1 with a 2 this year. he is still only 23 and 6-10 225--that is what we need at the three.
RIP Crushalot😞
falcindor
USA
3/6/2003  6:14 PM
It simply wont happen.

Moses Malone was another era. When it comes down to it. Hardly ANY players are NBA ready. Very few maybe 2 in the last 10 years. A player may have the tools. But they must work at fitting in the NBA. Kendrick isnt even looked at that highly by scouts. Ifd Knicks do draft a HS player you have to look at athletic ability. And Perkins has little of it.

Turkalu nice idea. But it wont happen. Kings can care less about a pick. What do they need a pick for. They have players like Gelad Wallace and Keon off the bench. A pick doesnt do much but put an inferior body at the end of the bench.
BRIGGS
3/6/2003  10:30 PM
Moses Malone another era hahaha. He would kill 99% of the NBA---Im 34 and Ive been going to the Garden and watching basketball since i was 6 years old. Believe me when I tell you Moses Malone is his prime would get 25 points and 15 boards every night right now. hey and guess what--Moses came right into the NBA from HS! The bottom line for the Knicks FRANCHISE-we need an anchor player-- a player who will be able to score in the low post-- a guy who will clog the middle alter shots and a guy we can go to for high % shots. Notice Eddie curry and Ty Chandler just starting to put up BIG time numbers recently. If it is evaluated that this kid has the long term potential to be that kind of player--the Knick franchise has to be serious about obtaining a player like that even if they have to sit on him for a year or two and bring him along slowly.

As for Turk he is a player who is going to become a restricted FA--hes going to command more money-money I dont think that the Kings would be willing to commit since they already way over the cap. In fact it ws in an article that sacremento would be interested in potnetially moving hedo for a draft pick after the season.

RIP Crushalot😞
falcindor
USA
3/7/2003  6:37 AM
I think Moses was a great player. Ive seen him play but not in his prioime. How can you compare Perkins to Moses, I dont get the connection.

But if you want a frnachise player you dont want a sloth out of HS. Perkins physically isnt NBA ready. Hes big but has no speed. Curry was better out of high school than Perkins is.

My point is Perkins isnt good. I have no beef with schoolers. But Perkins doesnt seem to be that good.
If we dont win the lottery would u be happy with these three moves?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy