[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Feb 28th 2003
Author Thread
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/1/2003  12:34 AM
Well I just got back from arguably my most favorite garden moment. It was amazing, I cheered until I lost my voice and I couldnt clap my hands anymore because they were so red. It felt just like the old days for a little while. This is something I will never forget - I hope all of you guys enjoyed it too.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/1/2003  1:45 AM
man, at the end of the half time show, the very last intro for Ewing, that did it for me.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Armondaone
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #379
3/1/2003  3:44 AM
that was ne of the greatest monment ever for me to see in the 24 years i have been alive. after all the years of me sticking up for ewing and having to defend pat against ever player like jordan, hakeem, etc. this made it offical. Let it be known now Pat is the reason Ny has heart Now.
quicksandnyc
Member: #29
3/1/2003  10:25 AM
amazing is all i can say.

the group of players and coaches that were assembled to pay tribute just reminds you how great of an era came to a close last night. my wife turned to me after the video presentation and said 'it's going to be a while before we see another player like that on a nightly basis, huh' and all i could muster was 'yep'.

i don't know how well my pictures will come out, first time with a borrowed digital camera, but i'll let you know when i've got it worked out. (if you'd like to use them for the site.)

ps. zo. he handled the ny crowd with class.

QnzKnixFan
Member: #373
USA
3/1/2003  10:36 AM
I cannot imagine what a championship feels like because last night felt like the greatest day of my life.

There just so much emotion and love and happiness. I am so happy for Patrick Ewing.

And what a great game. Latrell Sprewell was just awesome!
QnzKnixFan
nykfan37
Member: #118
3/1/2003  11:29 AM
With all those Future HOF'ers and Former Knick Greats I was hoping to get at least one Auto Last night, knew I wasn't going to get more than one if any so when I moved down to courtside I saw Starks and saw they were letting people towards him during TO for Autos. After the first OT I went the the Guards stopped letting people letting him sign his things and said after the game. Everyone basically left before the 2nd OT ended but I still saw Starks and as I headed towards him he got up on his cell then I went behind a guy and he pulled a Houdini :(

Not to mention I also forgot the camera, anyways great game to go to, Ewing Halftime Ceremony made me sad that the good ol days were gone and never coming back with Ewing, I wish he was 28 forever, double ot was just an added bonus.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/1/2003  11:47 AM
That was the best retirement ceremony ever. Jordan's wasnt even this special. Everybody who was anybody was there. They brought out from Jarvis to Gundy. Knicks showed class. The best thing about it was Ewing had Van Gundy at his side not Riley. Van Gundy on WFAN said without Ewing he would not be where he is now (one of the most sought after coaches in the NBA). He started with the KNicks at only 27 y/o and Ewing has had his back. Ewingf was one of the most loyal players ive seen. He stuck with Starks and didnt blame him like media did. It was a classy retirement for a classy guy.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
3/1/2003  1:14 PM
It was amazing to watch here in Canada, and I can't imagine how intense it was live. That ceremony was something else. Ewing means more to the Knicks and the city of New York than a champion ever could.
go knicks!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
3/1/2003  1:18 PM
I must admit that was one of the greatest moments in Knicks history. The place was soooo packed with fans and it was great to see all the knick great players,Ewing's former teammates and several former great stars from around the league. I had my digital camera ready to go and just bought it several hrs before gametime. Hey, i'm sure any of you at the game including myself, received a Ewing pin and a small replica of his #33 where you could hang somewhere in your house. What made the nite even special is that the Knicks won the game.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/1/2003  1:20 PM
Oh, cruel, cruel fate. As if Knick fans aren't already tormented, here are some more numbers dipped in lead: King led the league in scoring that 1984-85 season with 32.9 ppg, tossed in 60 one Christmas Day, posted back-to-back 50-point games that January, rained in 55 two weeks later and compiled over 19,000 career points before retiring in 1993.

He had Allan Houston's touch, and Latrell Sprewell's edge. Those two years at the end of the Knick bench, King could see the future mapped out so beautifully in the scowl on the kid from Georgetown.

"Nobody has ever played with more passion," said King, "than Patrick Ewing."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/63606p-59299c.html
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/1/2003  3:52 PM
The ceremony was 1st rate. The game was icing on the cake. The Knicks gutted out a double OT win without a C and barely a PF. That was the biggest win of the season. Spoon had 24 rebounds, dont he have a 2 inch vertical. Houston was hurt but he wanted to help the team and hit the big shots down the stretch. Sprewell proved that he wasnt just another scorer. Sure us Knicks fans knew this, but he showed this on national TV.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Feb 28th 2003

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy