Two players that make sense for the Knicks that we can absolutely acquire
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2003  12:37 PM
SF-Hedo Turkglo 6-10 220 Sacremento
C Adonal Foyle 6-11 265 Golden state
Sacremento has already said it would trade Hedo for a good draft pick. How is this offer Kurt Thomas and Denvers 2nd round pick for Adonal foyle and their first round pick[12-14] and then send that pick over to Sacremento for Hedo.

Lineup
C-Foyle 6-10 265
PF Mcdyess 6-9 245
SF Hedo 6-10 225
SG -Houston 6-6 200
PG Vujonic 6-2 180
6m Sprewell
Andersen
Doleac
Spoon
Williams
eisley
draft pick
harrington

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
2/28/2003  1:28 PM
nice. i'd actually prefer dampier though, but whatever...

how about picking up Keon Clark in the off-season?
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
2/28/2003  1:47 PM
No way id give Kurt for Foyle. Warriors wouldnt do it anyway. They have PF galore over there in Golden State. Id sawp Ward for Fiyle which is plenty considering Ward could be bought out.

Turgolu is a dream player. NY just dont have the goods to get him. A high pick isnt enough for him. The only way I see them trading him is for a player like Ricky Davis who also is on the rise.

They are both nice players but I cant see the Knicks pulling off a trade for Hedo. If they did I would be happy but I cant see it happening.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
rain
Member: #353
USA
2/28/2003  1:55 PM
Good job BRIGGS. I like those deals. With all of Sacramento's depth I don't see them being able to keep Turkoglu... and I don't see us having the players to get him here. Maybe Frank Williams would have to be included. The Golden State deal makes sense because they need to dump salary to try and sign the up-and-coming Arenas (who is as good as gone next year to a team with cap-space). Dampier or Foyle would be good pick-ups for the Knicks.
falcindor
USA
2/28/2003  2:10 PM
My 2 picks are Raja Bell this summer at SF (he could actually start if Spree is moved). Excellent defense and some offensive talent. He is a very underrated player.

My other pick is Theo Ratliff if the Knicks can give Kurt and a unwanted contract (such as Spoon or Eisley) for him that would be a nice addition.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/28/2003  2:14 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

SF-Hedo Turkglo 6-10 220 Sacremento
C Adonal Foyle 6-11 265 Golden state
Sacremento has already said it would trade Hedo for a good draft pick. How is this offer Kurt Thomas and Denvers 2nd round pick for Adonal foyle and their first round pick[12-14] and then send that pick over to Sacremento for Hedo.

Lineup
C-Foyle 6-10 265
PF Mcdyess 6-9 245
SF Hedo 6-10 225
SG -Houston 6-6 200
PG Vujonic 6-2 180
6m Sprewell
Andersen
Doleac
Spoon
Williams
eisley
draft pick
harrington

I mentioned getting Hedo durung summer, as I think he will be a good player he has skills for a 6'10'' player. Last year I proposed after they lost to the Lakers Hedo, Jackson for Spree and other players since Christie dogged through the WCF I thought they could use Spree at the SG. BUt what you have there is a good offer and I think the Kings would go for it since they are loaded and basically won't be able to keep Hedo to long so they might be interested in getting something for him instead of losing him via free agency.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/28/2003  3:59 PM
That's a good call Briggs - Turkolu is the type of player the knicks need and Foyle is a shot blocking machine. What I also love is Spree coming off the bench as a 6th man. Having him come off the bench with his energy would make him the perfect 6th man.
I agree a pick in the lower portion of the lottery would be worth giving up for Turkolu, but for some reason I think Kurt and the high #2 maybe much to give up for Foyle. I love Charlie Ward but I would include him over Kurt. If I could do it for Othella then I would do it.
I would try to keep both two's and try to hit again on a player in Europe who could stay in Europe for a year and play instead of wasting away on the Knick bench.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2003  4:39 PM
Foyle would be good for us. Sometimes giving up a player with more value--and in this case Im swapping their say 14-15 the pick with the 30th pick and moving it to Sacremento for Hedo. We need a guy who can block shots rebound and all around clog up the middle. With Mcdyess coming back-we dont need Thomas--and if we continue to stay with these guys--will risk them becoming old quick. It works out well for all clubs. GS gets the better player and saves money on the first round pick[you can easily get the same talent at 30 then say at 15 in this draft and you dont have to pay for it] Sacremento gets what they wanted for Turkoglo-they wanted a decent first round pick[they already mentioned it] and the Knicks get a SF who is only 23 6-10 with a variety of skills and the presence in the middle they need who is also only 27. We might be giving up the best player in the deal--but the trade collectively makes a great deal of sense for us. ++we still have our own lottery pick.
RIP Crushalot😞
TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/28/2003  4:54 PM
I'm sorry Briggs I mis-read, I thought you were talking about our pick if it landed between 10-14. I would do it in a heart beat if we can get Golden State's #1 in addition to Foyle then trade that pick to Sacramento for Turk.
falcindor
USA
3/1/2003  9:14 AM
You must be high if you think GS is gonna give up a pick for a marginal player.
Two players that make sense for the Knicks that we can absolutely acquire

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy