[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Did orlandough steal gooden and giricek for mike miller?
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
2/25/2003  9:33 PM
PLAYER POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
· D. Gooden PF 41 6-14 0-1 8-9 3 10 2 1 1 3 5 20
· G. Giricek SG 42 7-14 4-7 2-2 3 8 5 2 0 2 2 20
· T. McGrady SF 42 10-20 2-6 4-6 0 2 7 0 1 4 0 26

We could have had gooden and giricek for KT.

AUTOADVERT
QnzKnixFan
Member: #373
USA
2/25/2003  10:04 PM
Memphis would never done that trade. Mike Miller is better than Kurt Thomas.
QnzKnixFan
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
2/26/2003  7:32 AM
Both sides got what they wanted. Memphis wanted more time for Gasol at the 4 spot and Giricek wasnt getting enough miinutes at the 2. Memphis also got a 1st round pick and most o their contract will expire in 2 years. Jerry West is trying to do what he did to the Lakers. Lakers were more talented before they go Shaq and Kobe. Jerry West believe stars win championships and hes right.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
2/26/2003  11:29 AM
Posted by falcindor:

Both sides got what they wanted. Memphis wanted more time for Gasol at the 4 spot and Giricek wasnt getting enough miinutes at the 2. Memphis also got a 1st round pick and most o their contract will expire in 2 years. Jerry West is trying to do what he did to the Lakers. Lakers were more talented before they go Shaq and Kobe. Jerry West believe stars win championships and hes right.
No one is gonna deny what Jerry West did for the Lakers. But no one's perfect. And he certainly showed it here, because it was a bad move.

From Orlando's perspective, they get pretty much the same player as Mike Miller in Gordan Giricek AND they also get a great inside guy in Gooden who was being horribly misused in Memphis. That first round pick memphis got is from Sacramento, meaning low twenties, so that doesn't balance things out either.

Orlando won this deal, anyway you look at it. I doubt Mike Miller, who wasn't even supposed to start this year for Orlando, will be a better player than Gooden in five years. And we are not even mentioning Giricek, who I'm surprised was traded at all. 2 good rookies for a former ROY? Not if that former ROY is Mike Miller (Yeah, I still think KMart shoulda won). Everyone says this trade is like Jerry West drafting Mike Miller instead , but then why not draft a good 2/3 like Butler, who is gonna be a lot better than Miller? West is losing it, especially if he could not forsee the logjam at the 4 that Gooden would create.
go knicks!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/26/2003  12:48 PM
Posted by fmoran:
Posted by falcindor:

No one is gonna deny what Jerry West did for the Lakers. But no one's perfect. And he certainly showed it here, because it was a bad move.

From Orlando's perspective, they get pretty much the same player as Mike Miller in Gordan Giricek AND they also get a great inside guy in Gooden who was being horribly misused in Memphis. That first round pick memphis got is from Sacramento, meaning low twenties, so that doesn't balance things out either.

Orlando won this deal, anyway you look at it. I doubt Mike Miller, who wasn't even supposed to start this year for Orlando, will be a better player than Gooden in five years. And we are not even mentioning Giricek, who I'm surprised was traded at all. 2 good rookies for a former ROY? Not if that former ROY is Mike Miller (Yeah, I still think KMart shoulda won). Everyone says this trade is like Jerry West drafting Mike Miller instead , but then why not draft a good 2/3 like Butler, who is gonna be a lot better than Miller? West is losing it, especially if he could not forsee the logjam at the 4 that Gooden would create.

fmoran: finally a post of your that makes sense..LOL.. anyway you are right on the money here. I love this trade for Orlando, Orlando gets Girecek who can shoot as well as miller plus orlando already had Garrity from the outside.... Gooden will be a solid player in the future, actully he may be a allstar player. to get those two for Miller is a steal, now they did give up a 1st round pick but Orlando is a playoff team, so does a mid 1st round pick end up being better than Giricek or Gooden, I doubt it....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
2/26/2003  1:39 PM
Orlando definitely got the better of the trade talentwise but Jerry come out better in the future.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/26/2003  2:04 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Orlando definitely got the better of the trade talentwise but Jerry come out better in the future.

How is that?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
rain
Member: #353
USA
2/26/2003  2:36 PM
You guys are seriously underestimating Mr. West. Giricek is a two. Miller can play both two and three. Miller is a face-up player... and is the better player. From what I saw of him this year... he's really starting to develop. He will be a 17pts./ 5 boards / 5 assist type player. Humphrey is underrated here. He's a blue-collar type that will play a role... He's a bigger George Lynch that brings some toughness to Memphis. Now for Gooden. He needs his post, back to the basket, game to be the completely effective four (he can be). He had no space on the Memphis roster (partly West's fault for not knowing this prior to draft) to do this with Gasol (points and blocks) and Swift (true rebounding shot-blocking four). Also, the guy doesn't seem that bright (have you SEEN an interview with him?) which leads me to believe his developement will be slow. Giricek to me, is a good six man. Memphis needed more shooting and toughness and got it plus some picks. Orlando needed some scoring inside with some rebounding and got it.... with Giricek chipping in with some outside shooting. This is a good deal for both teams... I have a feeling Miller will really take off in Memphis.
Did orlandough steal gooden and giricek for mike miller?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy