[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is why the Knicks will continue to suck!!
Author Thread
fmoran
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #375
Canada
3/14/2003  12:41 PM
Man, put the shovel down, you're deep enough....

* My example was right on the money. Why should we bench better players just because there's a rookie playing his position? What kind of message does that send to the rest of the roster when youth holds priority over talent and hard work?

* Man, did you think you had anyone fooled about playing in college? Quick, hotshot, what's your european neighbor's name (the one that played in Milos's league)? Or is that none of my business either? Man, do your super duper cool instant messanger buddies know how much of a liar you are?

* You take someone else's trade as an example, and you get it wrong. It was Eisley for Marc Jackson. And hey, sure it'd be a nice trade, but Minny prolly wouldn't do it, especially if Rasho doesn't resign, since their only other option at center would be Loren Woods. And it doesn't exctly do much contract wise, as Marc is signed for 5 years, 21 million. But don't worry about it, it's not like you came up with it.

* But the one you did come up with is terrific! Othella to the Suns for Jake? Terrific! But, uh, could you come up with one for this year? Thanks.

* A healthy Dice alone is enough to take us to the ECF, especially when you look at the conference right now. There isn't anyone who's unbeatable, and it'll remain wide open next year too.

* Milos will develop regardless of what age his teammates are. but more importantly, where's your ticket for the Milos bandwagon? I coulda sworn you ripped it up 2 pages ago. Or did your European neighbor give you an extra one?

* Stop trying to strike a chord with me on management. Of course I don't like them. They'd done some stupid stuff. But I like them a hell of a lot more than I like you. We aren't arguing because of them, we're arguing because you're a moronic liar.

* You wanna know what's really classic? The way you denied any need to show a diploma, cause you got me all wrong. I don't want a diploma, I want a full name, college, position and year. C'mon dukes, you're averages can't be that crappy...

[Edited by - fmoran on 03/14/2003 12:43:36]
go knicks!
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/14/2003  4:39 PM
"The Knicks really aren't that small. Look at everyone else in the East. With McDyess back next year, they'll have a PF at 6'9", two backups who are 6'7" and 6'8" (true, Harrington and Spoon are small, but Spoon's an excellent rebounder and Harrington is effective in the post.) Thomas, at 6'9" is as big as any center in the East. Doleac, say all you want about him being white and having a bad haircut, he's a big body who can hit a 15' foot J, a very nice piece to have as a 10th or 11th guy on the bench. Look at the rest of the teams in the East and you're going to tell me they're a whole lot better then the Knicks."-The funniest thing about this is that I am right. The Knicks have inferior perimeter players (as opposed to other teams in the east like Magic w/ Tmac and Philly w/ AI), but the post guys are just as small as everyone in the east with exceptions to the Pacers. I didn't say they had a frontline full of Shaq's you moron, I said they weren't smaller then anyone else.

Hey, let's laugh at out of text quotes like...

"I know who this kid is, my next door neighbor played in the European league, Iknow all about milos.... "-Real believable.

"And the real idiot is you I have played Hs and college bal"-I doubt you're even in HS. And we're still waiting for just your name and year and college. Or does your mom not let you give that information out?

Or how about this "classic" as you like to call them:
"The knicks could have traded Othella to the suns a year ago, I think the package involved Jake tskalidas, a good trade for the knicks, Jake is 7'0 decent and young.... "-Jake's averaging 5 points and 4 rebounds as opposed to Othella's 7 and 6. It's a stupid point if you're going to say just grab him for size becuase Doleac is putting up identical numbers and is an inch smaller. To paraphrase a quote from you "OH ROFL LMAO LOL THIS IS GREAT."

"Damn you are foolish.. I may just put this in the realgm. board"-Please, go there and don't come back. This board is much better without idiots like you.

Once again, I'm not going to argue with you because there's no point, you refuse to recognize facts, just know that we're all laughing at you.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 03/14/2003 16:44:15]
#Knickstaps
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/14/2003  11:33 PM
yaaaaaaaaawn!! Both of you guys bore me with your idiotic posts..

Firs of all Ward/eisley same person, both suck both could probably get marc jackson.. move on chump if thats all you can come up with..

Next Jake Tsakalidas was hurt most of the year but he is much younger than othella and if all you are lookng at is his stats then I know you have no basketball common sense... Jake can play center he is not going to get oustized everynight like othella, and if you argue that then you are more stupid than your post shows

Bigdummy: I won't even further address anymore post about Doleac, he is a bum com on man you sound so stupid with that crap. And the KNICKS ARE TOO SMALL..

To think the knicks would be in the ECf with dice this year shows your ignorance... come on man this team is not that good!!!!

Think what you want I played ball in HS, College, I have nothing to prove to you two internet fags....

And what is so funny If I gave you names of my neighbor and college you two dickwads would not the difference..

You say you presented facts. LOL.. facts like Doleac is a good 11th man off the bench? HA!! or that the knicks would be in the ECF with dice? LOL!!!!! HA!!! that is a fact?

What idiots.... You two fags were made for each other...Two dummies......
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/14/2003  11:48 PM
BTW Two Stooges:

Once again, I'm not going to argue with you

Well good please stop with your silly posts...
I hardly call this an argument, neithe one of you have made any sense, I get shyt like, Doleac is good and Othella is a low post threat..LMAO!!! come on dukes

And the one about the knicks in the ECF with dice.. Sso fmoron: you mean to tell me that Dice alone makes the knicks 15 games better!!!!! HA!!! you are a fool...

You need to follow your girlfriend BIG DUMMY and Quit while you are behind....

I am done with you two internet fags....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
3/15/2003  12:11 AM
If only the Knicks' play was as explosive as this thread.
fmoran
Canada
3/15/2003  2:19 PM
Posted by Fordy74:

If only the Knicks' play was as explosive as this thread.
Or the defense as agressive and confusing as tkf.

* I did come up with more on Marc Jackson. Are you even reading?

* None of the teams in the East are that good. That's why six teams are still in contention for the No.1 seed. And that's why the Knicks with Dice are right up there as well.

* You know what's really funny? How no one who's read this believes you played in college or have a Euro league neighbor, because I called bull****. You never played in high school. And you definitely never played in college. Oh you have a neighbor alright: Vlade Eyedunexizt. And the funniest thing? You can't prove me wrong.

* Wait, scratch that. The funniest thing is you asking for facts. Here's a fact: you never played college ball. LOL.

* I love how you pick the one line from my post you think you can prove wrong and ignore everything else. And you think I'm not making any sense. Trust me, the reason you aren't arguing anything else isn't because you don't understand me, but because you do understand me and there's nothing left to argue.

* Well, now you got my curiosity going. What stopped ya from going pro? Were you the next Mike before injuries wreaked havoc? Is your neighbor Michael Pietrus? Or Darko? Did they retire your high school jersey? What number were ya? Can you at least gimme a name and pretend you're somebody else so we can keep the fun going?

* You're done when I say you're done. Prove me wrong. Try and prove anything wrong at this point. I'm begging ya.
go knicks!
tkf
3/15/2003  5:38 PM
fmoran: first of all If I tell you I played at Stanford in 1957 or I played for GPC Juco college in Georgia last year would that really prove anything to you, You would never know, you don't know If I am 22,32 or 42...you don't even know that you are so dissolusioned by MSg and the knicks....

Come on dukes, you can't bait me, I didn't go to the pros because like 95% of the people who play college ball throughout the US we were not either good enough or lucky enough.I was realistic to know that I was not going to play for a living. You probably don't even live in NY probably never lived in NY and wouldn't even know the HS I played if I named it for you.. You probably never heard of the Guachos or Riverside church(both prominent basketball organizations in NY) which I played for both as did my older brother... You see you know nothing about me and to say what I haven't done is downright foolish and you have been showing that throughout this thread....

Next you keep saying I haven't proved you wrong, Well all you have done is throw out your opinions, and talk about proved you wrong, I just need to prove you stupid....

As far as my neighbor goes, If I told you he was an american HS All city player here in Georgia who played pro ball in Europe... Would you really know who he is? of course not, your basketball knowledge by those questions shows me how limited you are..

And if you think that the knicks don'g need changing because the east is weak shows again your lack of knowledge. come on dukes the east is bad and the knicks are almost 10 games under .500 we are not in contention. Again you are just a media pawn homie..

I am done... and so are you!!!!
tkf
3/16/2003  10:57 AM
I couldn't resist: but to the two fools who said they proved me wrong, who said the Knicks are not that small with a front line of 6'9,6'6,6'5 ( and those are generous on at least two of them) I will give you this comming straight from the knicks coaches mouth..

McDyess' presence yesterday got Don Chaney on a roll about the team's lack of size. "Look at the teams that are good defensive teams, they're teams with at least a big anchor or a couple of big anchors," Chaney said. "That's what it takes. You've got to have size. You've got to be able to match up. If you're undersized at one position, you've got to have a big guy to protect the basket. We miss that right now. We miss the size factor, to me, more than anything else."

LOL.. yea you two stooges proved me wrong.... I guess you two know more than chaney about the knicks size issue...OH I forgot we got that low post presence in Othella and Doleac is just a stud 12th man oFF the bench..LMAO!!!! Big dummy, I will never let you live that comment down....

OK now i am done!!!!
BigSm00th
USA
3/16/2003  12:30 PM
Once again you have proven you can not read.

That Chaney comment is taken out of context. They were discussing what the team lacked with McDyess out. Later in the article he mentioned how with McDyess back, they wouldn't be that small. I said the same thing. "The Knicks really aren't that small. Look at everyone else in the East. With McDyess back next year..." Do you see how I also said, with McDyess, the Knicks aren't that small. I said the same exact thing as Chaney, however you took both quotes out of context to make yourself look right.
#Knickstaps
fmoran
Canada
3/16/2003  3:17 PM
Man, did you just say you weren't gonna let Big Smooth live something down?

* Explaining to me how easy it is to lie about the college you went to isn't helping your case, bro. Why don't you just tell me? Like you said, it's not like I'd know any different.

* I can't bait you? Whatever you say...

* But hey, since you're in question answering mode, try these on: did you and your bro both play college? Who is the better brother? Who was your coach at college? How many years did you play? Who was the best player on the team? How old are ya? Do you live "here in Georgia" or in NY? What college did you play at again? What's your name? What's your neighbor's name? What's the big deal? Were you that bad? Was your neighbor?

* The Knicks are not in contention in the East now because our starting power forward went down for the season. Do that to most other top East team (Indiana, New Jersey, Boston) and I'd like to see them make the playoffs. Sure we can improve in other areas, and we will. But that piece alone makes us that much better.

* As far as Chaney's comments, listen to what he says: we need an anchor. Like say, a defensive center. I agree there, and have agreed before in this thread. We could use a big, shot blocking center (who couldn't in the east?). But don't confuse this with needing everyone that isn't a 1 or 2 to be 6'9 and up. I'll take talent over size anyday. And all we have to do is grab a big guy who loves defense (like Sofoklis) in the draft and the Knicks will be fine. Thomas is a great post defender, as is Dice, and give Chaney another big body and we've got a rotation that can hold it's own at both ends. I'm sure Chaney would agree there too.

* You know, we're having so much fun proving each other wrong, I thought I'd make a list of all the things I've shut you up about (boy it's long):

- The Knicks should have made a move at the deadline.
- Blowing up the team is very possible regardless of contracts.
- We can dump the contracts of Eisley and Anderson.
- We could have brought in the young guys who will be running the league years from now with what we could have offered.
- McDyess is done.
- Milos isn't the kind of young player the Knicks need because he's from Europe, he's a second rounder, and because he's never played in the NBA.
- Houston isn't a player you'd want, you are just forced to keep him.
- Playing "imaginary" college basketball makes your argument mean more.
- The way the Knicks use Williams and Postell reflects directly how they'd use a lottery pick.
- Waiting for Dice's return has been going on for far too long, even if it hasn't even been a season.
- Even with Milos and Dice, we have too many flaws to be a good team.
- Lebron James would probably play as much as Williams if the Knicks drafted him.
- This team has no plan.
- Ignoring anything that won't garner a championship is the sign of a realistic fan.
- Height is more important than talent.
- The Knicks should play Williams and Postell rather than better players because we shouldn't reward our best players with playing time, shouldn't try to win, and should send a message that the players will only be measured by how good they'll be five years from now, not what they can do now.
- We can do more rebuilding now than we can in a few years, when some of the lesser contracts expire.
- Other teams have more talent, so it only makes sense that we should be able to trade our overpaid, less talented players for their's.
- "Unproven" players, by definition, are players who everyone knows will be great players years from now, and have proven that over their 2-5 years in the league.
- Waiting for McDyess does nothing for us, regardless of talent potential and contract size.
- You don't need to mention realistic trades because you use generic examples. In fact, your ideas of dumping contracts and getting younger aren't generic, their your very own.
- You are not required to reply if you cannot pick out a minimum of one line that you think you can argue.
- By showing other team's trades of veterans for youth, you've shown how the Knicks can do it, regardless of how different the contract and talent situations are.
- There is no need to discuss the Marc Jackson trade any further since you can argue the borrowed trade by pretending I didn't say anything.

And of course, the classic:
- You played college ball.

* Are you ready to hand the shovel over son?

[Edited by - fmoran on 03/16/2003 15:23:56]
go knicks!
tkf
3/16/2003  3:58 PM
since both of you were able to post without the name calling I will do the same:

First Fmoran: I played a year of college ball, to play in college at all is a big accomplishment period. BTW my brother was much better than I am, he had the chance at a pro career, just could not do the book thing... He played in HS with Rodney stricklands older brother..

Next: fmoran, you are twisting all of my comments. I never said that lebron would not play, but look at the knicks mentality, they are in such a win now make money mode that they are not developing a team. Can you argue that? IMO Williams should not only play because I think with proper time he will be a better player than ward and eisley but what are we gaining by not starting him?

And come on fellas, even with dice we are a small team, we still have no legit center and Doleac is a joke, Dice will no doubt give us a low post threat we miss because we just don't have that..(sorry Big smooth othella is not a low post presence) but we have too many flaws. off our bench spoon plays hard and so does anderson but we just can't defend and rebound against the bigger teams and in a 7 game format we will get exposed badly.. Can you guys argue that?

And the knicks should have dumped contracts and it can be done. You say that is generic but it is what needed to be done. You can't deny that. Now until I speak to all the GM's in the league I can't give any specific examples but Fmoran: if you remember you posted you wish you had nene, and your solution was to throw everything Kiki's way.. Well tell me what is everything? Get the picture..

But since we are along those lines I would have offered the clipps, Sprewell, Frank williams and either a future first round pick, for Odom, and wilcox. Would the clipps do it? who knows but spree would sell tickets in La, williams is a young cheap contract and the draft pick is right up the clippers alley..

Another trade, Ward, othella and denvers pick to the bucks for Tim thomas and Przbilla... True Tim thomas has a huge contract but he is a young player at 6'10 with loads of upside, in 4 years when his deal is nearing completion he will only be 28 or 29 and very tradeable at that age...pryzbilla is a 7 foot player and young that could give you size and minutes plus he can rebound down low...

these are just two very workable ideas, it is not impossible. The knicks and management have made this team and fans suffer. Just take a look, now milos is unsure about comming over because he is worried about playing time and I tell you speak to someone who lives over there and they will tell you that that is the biggest fear of euro playes comming over here. And how did this problem arise? Layden's incompetence. We should not have 3 pgs right now....

We have disagreed on a lot of thing but I can't see how you disagree with anything written in this post.... You have no argument for this.. these things are true, to argue this you will be doing so with no merit!!
BigSm00th
USA
3/16/2003  4:26 PM
Ah, finally some examples of how the Knicks can get rid of big contracts.

"would have offered the clipps, Sprewell, Frank williams and either a future first round pick, for Odom, and wilcox. Would the clipps do it?"- Great idea! Too bad it doesn't work under the CBA. (And I bet the Clips would be willing to give up their most talented player and a PF when Brand is probably going to sign elsewhere this offseason.)

"Another trade, Ward, othella and denvers pick to the bucks for Tim thomas and Przbilla... True Tim thomas has a huge contract but he is a young player at 6'10 with loads of upside, in 4 years when his deal is nearing completion he will only be 28 or 29 and very tradeable at that age...pryzbilla is a 7 foot player and young that could give you size and minutes plus he can rebound down low..."-Also an awesome idea but also impossible due to the CBA. Also, I hear George Karl is dying to get another point guard, he could really use one (Payton and Cassel really stink.) And he's also dying to give up his only, and I mean his ONLY, big man for "6'6" Othella Harrington.

"sorry Big smooth othella is not a low post presence"-I never said he was, I said he was serviceable down low. In fact, my exact words were "Harrington is effective in the post". I didn't mean he would score 20 and 10, I meant he could come in and give you a bucket or two with his back to the basket and grab some rebounds.

And come on, just don't even respond, fmoran absolutely took it to you with that list he made. Ha, nobody can come back from that, not even a high school standout like you.
#Knickstaps
tkf
3/16/2003  7:55 PM
bigsmooth: first of all those trades I suggested would have to include fillers to make it work but all the salaries are very comparable.

Next: all fmoran did with his list is twist everything I said, that is why I did not directly respond to it but I will repond to a few just to show you how his list really ddidn't say much... Saying that height is better than talent never came from my keyobard but and I will repeat this once, if you don't have a star player and have a team with two good players like the knicks, you need height, and that was evident in the memphis game and in Atlanta.. come on dukes..

I gave two trade examples, I could give plenty more and make it work under the CBA, but I have been there and done that, I can only say what I want the knicks to do, I don't sit in laydens office so I don't know what runs through his mind.. all I know is that the rumors are that layden offers onesided unrealistic trades and that is why other GM's laugh at him..

I said Frank williams and postell should play because the knicks should be considering building for a future, and if they truly Expects dice to recover fully then we should be preparing for that. Ward may be bought out next year and eisley IMO is a Joke... As far as postell goes I think he has more talent than Anderson, Anderson is a good athlete and a good person but he lacks in the talent dept..period!! The knicks are playing eisley and Anderson because they are getting paid a lot of jack, and that is the TRUTH!!!

Of course Dice alone makes us better, but I am tired of making the playoffs with no realistic chance of winning a championship!!! I rather take my chances rebuilding.. I have been a fan for a long time and have been dissapointed for too long.. My expectations exceed just making the playoffs..

The knicksDON'T have a plan!!If they do then explain it to me and if it is to wait for Dice and Milos well so far that does not look too good. Milos is unsure about comming over due to the PG glut and Dice knee injury is still a question!!! That is a fact!!!! A undisputable fact!!

Again I never said Milos is not the type of player the knicks need, that is a lie posted by fmoran: come on if you are going to quote someone don't twist and lie.. I mentioned that he is a rookie who never played in the NBA. It will take time for him to develop, but having him develop on a aging team with 3 pg's ahead of him is senseless..come on Dukes!!!! come on!!!

I won't address anything else because everything else on his list is a fabrication and a twist by fmoran: not worth addrssing and he knows it!!!

big smooth: Karl should be able to pick up a big man in the draft this year, he still has Johnson and Haislip is going to be a good player at 6'10 and ultra athletic.. the payton move if he can't sign him this summer will be a big misake, Ray Allen is balling in seattle and if seattle can get a good PG in the draft, like a TJ ford they will be much better next year....

As far as the clipps, Odom's stock is low but sterling likes him, but for the right offer and i mean picks and a good player with a short contract, Odom can be had....

I have another one for you.. Rasho Nesterovic will be a unrestricted FA. The knicks can do a sign and trade, because other teams can offer Rasho more via FA, and give the wolves Ward who has an expiring contract and easy 2 mil buyout. The wolves will get a good veteran PG since brandon seems done, and the knicks can get a young center who can actaully play. I mean rasho had 9 blocks the other night. now add him to the knicks with Dice and hopefully Dice and now we are headed in the right direction...
This is why the Knicks will continue to suck!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy