[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is why the Knicks will continue to suck!!
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/10/2003  1:05 AM
"Let me ask you this question? if we got lucky and got Lebron and spree and Houston are still on this team, does this team have the balls to bench either Houston or spree? ....Yea I thought so.. "-Why should either of them be benched? Taking a HSer and then just thrusting him into the spotlight in NYC is definitely a lose-lose sitaution, it's never done like that. You ease him into it. If, in December, he's playing solid, then you put him in, of course the Knicks have the "balls" to do that. The fans will want him and if he proves he can handle the NBA he'd go in.

I agree with fmoran here, the Knicks are a few players away from being a top contender in the East. People like you don't seem to understand basketball. Let's just sit around and wait for the next MJ or the next Kobe and if we don't get him there is no point of even trying? Please. I'd take a year in the playoffs over a year in rebuilding any day of the week.

"We can talk about Postel, williams, Anderson, spree and whoever we want, the plain truth is that we are small, lacking skill and waiting for a guy who had 2 knee surgeries and who's game is based on Athleticism. "-The Knicks really aren't that small. Look at everyone else in the East. With McDyess back next year, they'll have a PF at 6'9", two backups who are 6'7" and 6'8" (true, Harrington and Spoon are small, but Spoon's an excellent rebounder and Harrington is effective in the post.) Thomas, at 6'9" is as big as any center in the East. Doleac, say all you want about him being white and having a bad haircut, he's a big body who can hit a 15' foot J, a very nice piece to have as a 10th or 11th guy on the bench. Look at the rest of the teams in the East and you're going to tell me they're a whole lot better then the Knicks.

Your whole plan is flawed. Blow up the Knicks, you cry. How would you like them to accomplish this goal? Nobody wnats our garbage. Nobody wants Houston and his ridiculous contract, and the same can be said about Anderson, Eisley, Weatherspoon, and a few others. How are you going to blow it up? Theres no way. They have to bite the damn bullet and play out Houston, Anderson, and Eisley's contracts. Theres no way to get them off the cap, so you just have to wait. Tough luck, if it takes until 2007 for this team to have salary cap flexibility so-be-it, I don't care, if the Knicks are going to make the playoffs every year until then and at least provide for some excitement I'll take it.

While I'm dying for Vujanic and McDyess to come over, you want "i mean guys with NBA games under their belts, like Odom,Q Richardson, Al Harrington,". Well, look at the Clips. They've been real succesful in their rebuilding venture. Tons and TONS of young talent. Odom, Brand, Richardson, Miller, Olowokandi. Please, this Knicks team is much better then them. Face it, the Knicks are in one ****ty predicament. They're getting old, they're pretty much overpaid, and that's that. Fortunately (even though apparently some Knicks fans are angry that they play hard every night), they come out to play every night and give everybody a run for their money. You mean to tell me that this team won't be differnet next year with a PG who fits in absolutely perfectly to this teams style of basketball (up and down, transition team who loves to shoot), and a big man who will help out the NBA's best shooting team, you're crazy. The Knicks will make the playoffs next year and be one of the top 5 teams in the East. We'll take it from there, but to hope that they "blow it up" and get young talent with "NBA games under their belt" is like hoping for the Knicks to get LeBron James, it'd be nice, but it just isn't happening.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/10/2003  8:33 PM
Big smooth: I know more about basketball than you will ever understand. You and guys like Fmoran are Ok with just succeding in the east!!! That sucks, we have done that for years, I want a got damn ring!!!!!! That seems so hard for you guys to understand....

And to say the knicks are not that small is laughable and kills your credibility.. we have a 6'9 center, a 6'5 SF, a 6'6 PF and we are not small... and stop twisting, I mention guys like odom and Q and you bring up the clippers... those two guys are not the whole team and laugh at the clipps all you want they have more talent and a much brighter future than we do, at least they can break up that so called bad team!! we are stuck!!!

Then you say we are stuck with these contracts, just wait them out...well maybe but if that is the case then why are we holding on to spree and Kt and waiting for Dice to return? If we are stuck with these guys who are overpaid and suck then how is not rebuilding the way to go. by time eisley and Anderson and spoon's contract runs out , spree, Kt and Houston along with dice will be on the downside of their careers... What do we do then? Geniuses?

You agree that we have bad contracts but your remedy is to just sit and wait them out while we wait for a guy with two, TWO!! major knee surgeries to return? Got damn that is stupid!!

If we are smart we would build a younger deeper team around Dice, if he is the guy that you guys think will save us... I hope so, but I am being realistic..

We are not winning a ring with Houston, Spree, Milos , Dice and a draft pick, that is not going to win us a championship not with the bench we have!!!! No way...

Then you make the jackass comment about waiting for the next Kobe or shaq, listen here, You win with superstars, and with a guy like Lebron james and Darko Milicic in the draft I don't see why we are hoping for the playoffs!!!

Will we be better with Dice and Milos next year? I think so, but being better is not what I want, I want to win a ring.. while you guys enjoy early playoff exits.. you have to take one step back to take two forward fellas!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BigSm00th
USA
3/10/2003  10:19 PM
Two words tkf

DOUCHE BAG.

All your points aren't validated. This is ridiculous.

"And to say the knicks are not that small is laughable and kills your credibility.. we have a 6'9 center, a 6'5 SF, a 6'6 PF and we are not small... and stop twisting, I mention guys like odom and Q and you bring up the clippers... those two guys are not the whole team and laugh at the clipps all you want they have more talent and a much brighter future than we do, at least they can break up that so called bad team!! we are stuck!!! "-Look at the teams who are winning in the East. Celtics? Magic? 76ers? Yeah, they have such big front lines. Please, the Knicks are just as big as any other team in the East. Who is the Knicks 6'6" PF? Othella Harrington is listed at 6'9" and Weatherspoon at 6'7". You can't just round down entire inches, that's ridiculous. With your theory then Kurt Thomas is 6'10" or 6'11" and Spree is 6'7". You can't just make these wild assumptions that O is 6'6", unless you go out onto the court with a ruler and actually measure, then that is ridiculous. He's listed at 6'9", and therefore, until proven otherwise, he is 6'9".

I can laugh at the Clips all day long, because they're future, believe it or not, is MUCH MUCH bleaker then the Knicks. When Olowokandi bolts this year, then they'll have no center. There's no way they can retain Brand and Miller, so one of them is gone as well. Maggette will get a big payday from the Nuggets or Heat, and he'll be gone. So who's your starting 5 boss? Miller, Piatkowski, Odom (until his ankle sprain keeps him out 8 months or his next drug suspension), Wilcox, Ely. Yeah, that'll be solid in 5 years. Give me a break.

"Then you say we are stuck with these contracts, just wait them out...well maybe but if that is the case then why are we holding on to spree and Kt and waiting for Dice to return? If we are stuck with these guys who are overpaid and suck then how is not rebuilding the way to go. by time eisley and Anderson and spoon's contract runs out , spree, Kt and Houston along with dice will be on the downside of their careers... What do we do then? Geniuses? You agree that we have bad contracts but your remedy is to just sit and wait them out while we wait for a guy with two, TWO!! major knee surgeries to return? Got damn that is stupid!!

If we are smart we would build a younger deeper team around Dice, if he is the guy that you guys think will save us... I hope so, but I am being realistic.."

Whats your plan. How about some ideas? WHAT TEAM IS GOING TO TAKE SHANDON ANDERSON, HOWARD EISLEY, CLARENCE WEATHERSPOON, AND ALLAN HOUSTON OFF THIS PAYROLL? Exactly. Great idea "GENIUS". Ha, tell me how to get rid of these contracts and then maybe I'll agree with you, but you can't just say "Hey lets build a team of young studs who are cheap around McDyess and get rid of all our contracts." I thought of that too, but about 2 seconds later I dismissed it becuase I knew it was unrealistic. Apparently you didn't. Let's just build a "younger, deeper team." Hey, why not. Of course you jerk, thats what every team should be doing, but its not that easy. Tell me how to get rid of Anderson, Eisley, Houston, and Spoon and tell me how we get these young players. HAHA, I can't wait for that response.

"We are not winning a ring with Houston, Spree, Milos , Dice and a draft pick, that is not going to win us a championship not with the bench we have!!!! No way...

Then you make the jackass comment about waiting for the next Kobe or shaq, listen here, You win with superstars, and with a guy like Lebron james and Darko Milicic in the draft I don't see why we are hoping for the playoffs!!!

Will we be better with Dice and Milos next year? I think so, but being better is not what I want, I want to win a ring.. while you guys enjoy early playoff exits.. you have to take one step back to take two forward fellas!!"-You claim to know more about basketball than me. Yeah, I bet. I know just as well as you know that the Knicks arne't winning a championship any time soon, but due to the fact that they are tens of millions of dollars over the cap, they cannot just start tommorow and build a "young, deep team." They won't compete until those contracts are gone, the only way those contracts are gone is when they expire. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO GET RID OF THEM. Man, I hate explaining things to idiots. Apparently you've never been on a basketball team or any type of team, because your flawed plan of blowing games is absurd. How is Chaney going to explain that to Spree and Houston and the rest of the players? OK guys, we're going to try to lose the rest of the games so that we can get young players to replace you. Haha, that's great.

To sum it all up, you want to tell the players on the Knicks to just blow games (I believe the 1919 White Sox did this and they all got banned from baseball. SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!), get a roster filled with "young, deep players" all the while magically getting rid of Houston, Anderson, Eisley, and Weatherspoon, and then winning championships.

Good luck with that.
#Knickstaps
tkf
3/10/2003  10:44 PM
Big smooth:
No offense but your new name should be

BIG CLUELESS!!!

If you read closely and I mean closely I know that Anderson, spoon and Eisley are not moveable that is why we need to move the players with value, spree, Kt, thella and ward...these guys are moveable and should be moved for younger players and picks, then it would make sense to groom these younger players and build a solid winning team for the future. Right now our team is stuck in the mud, good enough not to win and not bad enough to loose but with the NBA's highest payroll and a aging team... Get the picture BIG CLUELESS!!!

And don't be foolish, Spoon is not 6'7!!! Othella is not 6'9!! LOL!! come on dukes you sound like you have never seen a knick game to say that, either you believe that deep down or you are just damn foolish...either way I am laughging at you.. and by the way, Boston has Battie who is 7 feet tall, Walker is a legit 6'9, Pierce is 6'7 and they can start Williams who is 6'7 also at SF...
Ths sixers have height that can play plus they have a superstar in Ivy.
The magic, have T-mac who is a 6'8 stud, Gooden a 6'10 forward and they have height on that bench, The pacers have height with skill, and so do the nets with martin and a superstar PG... we have none of the above.....I can't believe you tried that line of logic on me..LOL!!

And the real idiot is you I have played Hs and college ball but unfortunately we didin't have to deal with a salary cap fool so what that has to do with this thread is beyond me, but I will break this down for you, I don't want the knicks to blow games, I just want them to commit to a plan, a real plan that involes rebuilding with younger more athletic skilled players...I don't give a damn about spoon, eisley and Anderson they can rot on the bench, it's our other so called core players that need blowing up.... The longer we wait the more painful this is going to be... reading doesn't seem to be your strong point but you don't tell guys like spree and Houston or Kt to lose you just trade them... It is time, You are waiting for contracts of bums to expire, eisley, spoon..LOL I am taking about rebuilding by using our core. Houston will remain but spree, KT, Othella, ward should have been gone. They are good players with moveable contracts.....

YOu have no clue.. BIG CLUELESS!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
3/11/2003  10:22 AM
Well guys, I'm willing to say I've never played basketball seriously. I'll admit that I don't know as much about the game as some others on this board.

I'm just a fan who likes to spout off - praise or complain - from time to time.

I hope in our discussions we're not going to make extensive basketball playing experience a prerequisite for participation, and exclude the many Knick fans who may nonetheless wish to share their opinions.

tkf
3/11/2003  3:49 PM
Posted by knickgeek:

Well guys, I'm willing to say I've never played basketball seriously. I'll admit that I don't know as much about the game as some others on this board.

I'm just a fan who likes to spout off - praise or complain - from time to time.

I hope in our discussions we're not going to make extensive basketball playing experience a prerequisite for participation, and exclude the many Knick fans who may nonetheless wish to share their opinions.

No, there is no prerequsite, LOL, this thread has gotten off track, I was stating that the knicks sucked because of bad management and we went off on this tangent somehow, the fact remains is that my comments are true and no one has yet brought any evidence in here to prove it wrong...
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
3/11/2003  9:03 PM
Posted by tkf:

the fact remains is that my comments are true and no one has yet brought any evidence in here to prove it wrong...
Huh? Did you miss my last 7 or 8 posts? Boy, you stop checking up and come back to this mess...

* Stop being an assclown. Thanks.

* WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? You just keep repeating the same talk without addressing anything im saying, like it doesn't count if you don't hear it. You aren't right about anything here. Not. One. Thing.

* Does this team have the balls to bench Spree? For Lebron? Gee, you got me there! Management is too in love with Sprewell to start LEBRON JAMES over him, even if at 6'7, 245 he's a much better fit for SF. Brick.

* Yeah, pretend you weren't told bout Postell and Williams.

* Hey, how many surgeries has McDyess had on his knees again? Does anyone know? We don't mention it nearly enough...

* I know we've been waiting ages for McDyess (well, a half season, anyways), but how bout this: if you can promise to muster one last, final, desperate, agonizing half season, he may just have enough in the gas tank left (at 29) to make one last, final, desperate, agonizing comeback. Of course, by then he'll be more drugs and prosthetics than man, but that's what I get for thinking he'd save us, right?

* The point Big Smooth brings about the Clips is completely legit. How do you expect Odom/Q to do anything here, on this short, old, overpaid, no talent team when they can't do anything on the tall, young, cheap, talent stuffed Clippers? Huh? Watch out, you might accidentally compliment someone on the Knick roster.

* I'm not even gonna bother explaining why rebuilding isn't "the way to go". Ok, I will, but only at the end. Can you read one last, final, desperate, agonizing post to get there? Let's hope so.

* We shouldn't wait out contracts cause McDyess is out, but we should get young guys to build around him? Well, you sure beat me to that one.

* I'm not realistic for thinking the new players we'll get will improve the team, but you are for expecting whatever the hell that plan was to bring in a ring? And he's 2 for 2.

* You played basketball, right? So why the hell do I have to go about explaining playoffs vs. lottery to you? "Oh hey guys, could you do me a favor? Could ya lose as many games as possible? Yeah we need to get the best talent possible if we want to replace you effectively. Thanks."

* We will be drafting young talent, we will be signing guys once contracts (LJ/Longley, anyone?) come off the books, and we will be winning. And not because ignorant fans like you cry "we want a ring." There is a plan set. Bitch all you want that there isn't any plan or direction, but there is. And it's a great one. I'm glad you don't think there is one, because that just sums you up better than anything I could say. There's a big difference between bitching that there isn't a plan and bitching that you don't like it as much as the suck azz plan you came up with (and what a suck azz plan it is. I mean do you think you're some kind of Messiah? Yeah let's trade crappy contracts for young guys with upside! Man, someone call Layden up! We may just go down as the saviors of the Knicks! Pop the bubbly!) WTFIWWY?

* But, alas, as much as this has been repeated over and over and over you still have the nerve to say no one has proven you wrong? Write this down, assclown: You think this team is going nowhere and the only answer is yours, right? Wrong. And that is because you can't answer this one, simple question I've asked four times already. So stop right now. Forget everything you were gonna type. The first thing in your reply (which I anxiously await) should be the answer to this question:

(Now I know you missed it a couple times, so I'll surround it by smiley faces, use bold, italics, and underline this mutha.)

WHAT CAN WE DO NOW, IN TERMS OF REBUILDING, THAT WE CAN'T DO AS GOOD OR EVEN BETTER IF DICE NEVER COMES BACK AND WE WAIVE HIM AFTER NEXT SEASON? AND IF HE DOES COME BACK, THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BITCHING ABOUT?

* The saddest thing is you'll still find something to laugh at. Ignorance is bliss.

[Edited by - fmoran on 03/11/2003 21:08:38]
go knicks!
tkf
3/12/2003  12:31 AM
fmoran: you write long post that say absolutely nothing..

Get this through your dumb skull... The knicks suck because of Bad management....

With the contracts we can't move now we have no choice but to move the moveable contracts and replace them with younger players, guys like Odom, Q Richardson are very young players who are not only good now but have loads of potential. When Houston and Spree are set to retire these guys will be running this league. Don't get it twisted fool, the Clipps are not bad because they lack talent, they suck because their management is just as bad as ours is.. So Bigg smooth comparing the clipps is just plain ignorant!!!

Do you mean to tell me you wouldn't take odom and Brand over spree and KT now? or Andre miller over any Pg we have now? don't be stupid!!

Waiting for Dice with this same team is a losers mentality, Dice is comming off 2 major surgeries and if you want to see how major knee surgeries usually rob a player of his game just look at penny hardaway who is just 30 now and washed up!!! I hope this isn't the case for Dice but lets keep it real!!

you have a foolish outlook and a unrealistic one, losing LJ/ and longleys salary off the books still won't put us under the cap. And again if we were lucky enough to get James do you honeslty think that the knicks will bench either spree or Houston? come on dukes, you obviously don't know the knicks.. The fact that Frank williams was a 1st round pick and can't get burn over ward and eisley shows this team is short sighted and has no plans for the future, Ward and eisley are taking us nowhere!!!! The knicks basically find ways to kill any potential trade value their players may have and that is evident with the sprewell fiasco this year...

You have the nerve to complain about fans like me. you should be mad at yourself for accepting mediocrity so long....

What a fool you are!!
tkf
3/12/2003  12:55 AM
Posted by fmoran:

[quote]Posted by tkf:

WHAT CAN WE DO NOW, IN TERMS OF REBUILDING, THAT WE CAN'T DO AS GOOD OR EVEN BETTER IF DICE NEVER COMES BACK AND WE WAIVE HIM AFTER NEXT SEASON? AND IF HE DOES COME BACK, THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BITCHING ABOUT?

* The saddest thing is you'll still find something to laugh at. Ignorance is bliss.

[Edited by - fmoran on 03/11/2003 21:08:38]

Oh and to answer this stupid question, what the knicks can do is start dumping now. Trade spree. Kt, othella, ward, knight, all these guys now have good tradeable and expiring contracts. Trade for younger unproven players. Guys like Richardson and odom, and te Zach Randolphs, Guys like spree and Kt have more value to true contenders than they have to a knick team that needs to rebuild. This is what they should be doing now until dice comes back.. If dice fully heals and is his old self then you have some young players to build with, if Dice decides to leave you still have a good young group of players instead of your core being a group of aging veterans on the downside...The problem with trying to draft players while we still have this core group of guys is that the younger players will not get enough playing time to develop. It is proven that is the way NY does things...we need younger players who will play and develop now... Why you can't understand this is beyond me!!!
BigSm00th
USA
3/12/2003  5:29 PM
Once again you come off sounding like a 5 year old with your idiotic points and namecalling. Once again you have not even began to fathom the main message of my reply: where are we going to get these young players. Trade Spree, Ward, Harrington, and Thomas, and who are you going to get? Maybe something for Thomas. Certainly nothing for Harrington or anything significant for Ward and no great young player has a huge contract to match Sprees. So once again, taking all of the releveant information in mine and fmoran's posts and just butchering them so you sound correct. I am going to go through your post point by point and show you where you're wrong.

*-"Get this through your dumb skull... The knicks suck because of Bad management..."-I really don't think anyone is disputing that. Other then having Houston and Weatherspoon overpaid, Layden hasn't really done anything poorly. Scream all you want about Eisley and Anderson being overpaid (which they are) but Eisley has proved himself to be a starting PG and Anderson is the Knicks 6th man and a very effective one, both fit into Chaney's system. Oh, and what is Glen Rice doing nowadays (and since TKF probably doesn't know the answer to this question, he's getting splinters from riding the bench in Houston. Just, fyi, he was traded for Anderson and Eisley.)

*-"With the contracts we can't move now we have no choice but to move the moveable contracts and replace them with younger players, guys like Odom, Q Richardson are very young players who are not only good now but have loads of potential. When Houston and Spree are set to retire these guys will be running this league. Don't get it twisted fool, the Clipps are not bad because they lack talent, they suck because their management is just as bad as ours is.. So Bigg smooth comparing the clipps is just plain ignorant!!!"-Once again, how do you plan on acquiring these players. The Knicks roster is composed of players other teams do not want. The Clipps are bad because they are selfish and refuse to play team basketball. All are looking out for themselves. I wasn't comparing the Knicks to the Clippers, I was respondin to one of your ridiculous posts about getting guys like QRich, Al Harrington and Odom. I simply said look at what those teams are doing. Richardson has been god awful this year, Odom is an injury/drug suspension waiting to happen, and Al Harrington isn't going to be traded. How do you want the Knicks to get Odom or Richardson? TELL ME THAT. HAHA, PLEASE, I'm begging you, tell me how the Knicks get your players. Everybody is dying to know. They can't. Harrington, who do the Pacers want from the Knicks? Odom and Richardson? Yeah right, under the CBA, the Knicks would never be able to orchestrate a trade with the Clips becuase the Clips have zero big contracts and the Knicks have 12. Once again, another terrible point made.

*-"Do you mean to tell me you wouldn't take odom and Brand over spree and KT now? or Andre miller over any Pg we have now? don't be stupid!!"-Nobody said that. Fact of the matter is in 4 months Brand and Miller probably won't be on the Clips.

*-"Waiting for Dice with this same team is a losers mentality, Dice is comming off 2 major surgeries and if you want to see how major knee surgeries usually rob a player of his game just look at penny hardaway who is just 30 now and washed up!!! I hope this isn't the case for Dice but lets keep it real!!"-If McDyess isn't healthy, then what happens? Another lotto pick and he comes off the cap. Spree comes off the next season. That means the Knicks will have 2 lotto picks and over $25 million off the cap. Rebuilding can start then. Once again, like I have pointed out before, the Knicks can't rebuild now, it's impossible. They have too many contracts that CAN NOT be moved, and therefore they're stuck. Once again, like I've said (apparently you miss all the relevant points in mine and fmoran's posts), we, as Knicks fans, have to bite the bullet and accept the fact that this team is stuck with Spoon, Anderson, Eisley, and Houston until they're contracts run out.

"you have a foolish outlook and a unrealistic one, losing LJ/ and longleys salary off the books still won't put us under the cap. And again if we were lucky enough to get James do you honeslty think that the knicks will bench either spree or Houston? come on dukes, you obviously don't know the knicks.. The fact that Frank williams was a 1st round pick and can't get burn over ward and eisley shows this team is short sighted and has no plans for the future, Ward and eisley are taking us nowhere!!!! The knicks basically find ways to kill any potential trade value their players may have and that is evident with the sprewell fiasco this year..."-Is this a joke? This just goes to show your idiocy. Comparing Frank Williams to LeBron is sheer madness. Do I think the Knicks will be able to bench either Spree or Houston? Yeah. The Knicks really love Spree, haha, yeah right. They'd do that in 2 seconds. Plus, Dolan would demand that LeBron go in so he could milk it for every penny. You are an idiot for thinking the Knicks WOULDNT start him. Maybe nto right away, but by end of November/December, LeBron would start.
"h and to answer this stupid question, what the knicks can do is start dumping now. Trade spree. Kt, othella, ward, knight, all these guys now have good tradeable and expiring contracts. Trade for younger unproven players. Guys like Richardson and odom, and te Zach Randolphs, Guys like spree and Kt have more value to true contenders than they have to a knick team that needs to rebuild. This is what they should be doing now until dice comes back.. If dice fully heals and is his old self then you have some young players to build with, if Dice decides to leave you still have a good young group of players instead of your core being a group of aging veterans on the downside...The problem with trying to draft players while we still have this core group of guys is that the younger players will not get enough playing time to develop. It is proven that is the way NY does things...we need younger players who will play and develop now... Why you can't understand this is beyond me!!!"-Once again, this is just stupid. Tell us how you get these young players and I'll agree with you. Until then (and since there's no way to get these players), you will be laughed at by everyone here, not just me and fmoran.

Why you cannot comprehend the fact that the Knicks are stuck is beyond all of us.
#Knickstaps
fmoran
Canada
3/12/2003  8:03 PM
Wow, are you getting dumber by the day? It shows. Really!

* We don't have trade options that will get Odom, Q, or Brand. You're an idiot for thinking we do. THESE GUYS AREN'T UNPROVEN TALENT. You don't know the meaning of the word "unproven".

* Any young talent we can get is going to be accompanied by huge contracts that will only serve to freeze up the Knicks roster for the better part of the decade.

* Odom and Brand for Spree and Kt? ELTON BRAND? Why not break into Don Sterling's house while we're at it? You're being completely unrealistic. I could easily say "Oh, you wouldn't take Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest for Spree and KT?" Of course you would, but how would it ever happen? Quit dreaming...

* If you mention McDyess's knee one more time, I'm gonna smack the Knick right off that face. I'll only go through this once. There are 3 scenarios for Antonio McDyess in a Knick uni:
1) He returns, in all-star form, and everything is groovy in Knickland.
2) He suffers a third, career ending injury, everyone cries, his salary (and others) come off the books, and we get serious about rebuilding up in this house.
3) He returns, and is either never the same player again, or very injury prone, to which we either sign him for much less and keep him around for his decent numbers, or waive him and refer to Scenario 2.
What don't you get? Hmm? I'm dying to know.

* You're a hypocrite. You want a ring now, but you want to build for the future. You're tired of waiting for Dice, but you're willing to wait for these young players to run the league. You're only discredit to what I predict next season is a Dice injury, but you talk about aquiring young talent to build around him? Man, do you hear yourself?

* We're better with Spree, Houston and Dice than any realistic trade you've come up with (I'm counting 0), and we'll still be getting young talent through the draft. I mean, according to you, we'd still not be good enough to fall too far in the 03-04 draft, would we? That's how ya get young talent with a $93 million dollar payroll.

* YES THE KNICKS WOULD BENCH SPREWELL FOR LEBRON JAMES. Did you not hear me the first time? Oh, but you look at the way they treat first round pick Frank Williams and decide that's the way management would handle a lottery pick? Frank Williams should have gone in the second round. He's been a huge disappointment. Lebron James is gonna sell out whichever arena he winds up in. Tiny difference there, Duke.

* Oh and to reply to that stupid answer: WRONG. The correct answer was: Nothing. The Knicks can't start dumping now. Who's gonna take our contracts? Certainly not your Clippers. Trading our overpaid talent for younger talent will only bring back bigger contracts. Trading talent for cap room will only make sure we start from scratch. Why should we force ourselves to pick one of these two when Dice's future is still in the air? Sure we can make improvements, but rebuilding? Can't be done. And why start now? For all you know this core could be amazing together. Whine all you want about age, but youth doesn't win championships. Experience does. Chemistry does. Talent (and we have it in our big 3) does. Of course we need young guys for the future of the franchise, but you have to face the reality that we're stuck with most of this roster. Teams with $93 payrolls do not rebuild. Young talent will come in the draft. Get it? What we need to do is figure out what Dice can do over the next season, and go from there. What we don't need to do is sit here and write up a Wish List of young PROVEN players and devise ways to get them for our garbage contracts.

* I have every right to hate ignorant fans like you, guys who throw their NBA Wish Lists in my face like it's an answer. Your ignorance is breathtaking. In your heart, you really think you're right, don't ya?

[Edited by - fmoran on 03/12/2003 20:06:22]
go knicks!
tkf
3/12/2003  9:27 PM
you two guys are like hekyl and jekyl:
Two dumb birds:

Fmoran I am not going to reply to your post because you don't listen, I never mentioned trading spree and Kt for Brand and Odom. learn to read first then I may reply..

Big clueless: There were offers for spree, offers for Ward, and last year the suns inquired heavily for Othella, KT also was a hot commodity. I use Odom and Richardson as examples? have you ever heard of those before "examples" The problem is that the knicks should have started rebuilding after the loss to the raptors in the playoffs...

the problem you two idiots are leaving out is that the knicks with this current roster are good enough to almost make the playoffs but not bad enough to keep getting lottery picks high enough that will make a difference and when we do get them we make stupid trades like the Deyse trade... Your idea of waiting with this group is what got is un trouble in the first place...

And again my comparison was not to compare Lebron to frank williams but it is the mentality you two morons don't get... NY benches it draft picks and younger players not because Anderson is better than postel and not because ward is a better player for the knicks long term but because they have this foolish vision of making the playoffs and MSG getting paid, and they have fans like you two fooled!!!!!

Bench ward, eisley, Anderson. Let Postel, williams play, and at seasons end buy out wards contract. I guess you two fools also don't see that with this glut that Layden has created now our so called future star PG Milos is not sure he wants to come to NY next year..
and I can see you two sitting at your computer desks like two big doofs thinking of another stupid reply for why we don't need him next year when we are waiting out contracts anyway..LOL!!....

And whoever said that they don'g think Eisley and Anderson's contract are not that bad are STUPID!! Glen Rice is getting playing time in Houston and guess what. His contract is off the books after this year... Another stupid move....

Again to just wait our spree's contract and Kt's and the rest of those bums are stupid... The knicks have a history of bad drafts, spree has value, Kt has value and so does othella. It is time to back the truck up, take expiring contracts, younger players the whole shabang!! This could be done if layden stops trying to get back Payton for ward and KT!! That is stupid!!! He didn't even offer their best player in that deal and that is because he is hell bent on keeping this team together and making that one last run.. foolish..

But then again he has clowns like you fooled!!

PS: Fmoran you wouldn't have the balls to smack your girls booty if she asked you neverless someones face.... Punk!!!LOL!!
BigSm00th
USA
3/12/2003  9:41 PM
I'm simply not going to argue any more. My point has been made. Oh, by the way, I highly doubt you played college ball, because anyone with a college degree wouldn't incessantly use "LOL" and make up cheesy nicknames like "Big Clueless." My guess is you're 10 or 11. Grow up and get a clue.
#Knickstaps
tkf
3/12/2003  10:36 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I'm simply not going to argue any more. My point has been made. Oh, by the way, I highly doubt you played college ball, because anyone with a college degree wouldn't incessantly use "LOL" and make up cheesy nicknames like "Big Clueless." My guess is you're 10 or 11. Grow up and get a clue.

You have no argument.. and just to bury you more, you ask what young talent can we get...

The pacers got Jermaine Oneal for Dale davis....
Corey Magetti was traded for a washed up horace grant
Ron Artest and Brad Miller were obtained for Jalen rose

Now Rose, Dale davis and Horace grant are about the equivalent of a player like spree and KT, the point being that magetti and Oneal were unproven players with loads of potential, those deals are still there but the knicks motto is to try to win now and sell tickets... You don't seem to realize that..

And by the way, You know nothing about me, Attended college, finished BA, Masters, been there done that...thinking about working on second masters but again what does that have to do with this thread....

Another one of your senseless points, like waiting until 2008 to contend for a title with Houston at age 36, shandon Anderson, and eisley with all the picks that layden has drafted...LOL..

and Yes LOL or how about LMAO!! is that better...

idiot!!
fmoran
Canada
3/13/2003  6:24 PM
Posted by tkf:

you two guys are like hekyl and jekyl:
Oh boy....

* You're the one not reading. Of course I'd take ELTON BRAND and Odom over Spree and KT. So what? How are we supposed to get them exactly? Gimme a trade, if you can come up with something that won't have us all laughing.

* Yeah there were offers for Spree: Keith Van Horn, Sam Cassel. Pass. What you fail to mention is that none of the offers brought over young players without digging us further into payroll hell.

* You aren't using examples. You're just generalizing you're view as much as possible because being specific shows the reality of the situation. What have you talked about so far? Dumping contracts and getting young talented players. Of course that's what we should do, but that doesn't mean it's what we can do. It's a great idea in theory, but it doesn't work on paper. And until you give me a specific example of how we can do those two things, you're the only one here dreaming on.

* You just don't get it. Frank Williams isn't the measuring stick you should use when judging how the Knicks will use draft picks. You are basing everything on Frank Williams, and you're trying to tell me that because Williams isn't playing over Ward and Eisley, that LEBRON JAMES wouldn't play over Spree and Houston, which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. What you don't get is that Williams isn't a good player, and doesn't deserve the minutes.

* But for argument's sake, if the Knicks are so bad when dealing with young talent, why should we ever bother trying to trade for young talent? Wouldn't Richardson just play behind Houston/Anderson? Or Andre Miller play behind Eisley/Ward? Sounds stupid, don't it? My thoughts exactly.

* "Bench ward, eisley, Anderson. Let Postel, williams play, and at seasons end buy out wards contract."

There's no way you played in college. I want a name, college, postion, and year. If you had, you'd know how ignorant this sounds. Why should Postel and Williams play if they aren't better players? How would you have felt if you were benched so that some freshman who'd be better in four years got to play, even if you could take him to school now? All this does is cause fights amongst teammates.

* Of course the Knicks are trying to win. You should always try to win, regardless of what's best for the future. It's not some Knick conspiracy; it's what every player on every team should hold true. Of course we, as fans, want the highest pick possible, but we should NEVER criticize our team for trying to win and playing their best players. That is the whole point of sports.

* Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

"I guess you two fools also don't see that with this glut that Layden has created now our so called future star PG Milos is not sure he wants to come to NY next year..
and I can see you two sitting at your computer desks like two big doofs thinking of another stupid reply for why we don't need him next year when we are waiting out contracts anyway..LOL!!...."

Two pages ago, I was arguing with you about why Milos will only make us better, and now you're the one telling me about his importance to our future? Man, shut the hell up. You're an ignorant moron who's being told with each and every post.

* Man you think Payton for KT/Ward was bad? You should listen to some of your ideas. Oh wait, there aren't any.

* "Fmoran you wouldn't have the balls to smack your girls booty if she asked you neverless someones face.... Punk!!!LOL!!"

Thanks for not embarrassing us both and saying petootie.

[Edited by - fmoran on 03/13/2003 18:28:56]
go knicks!
BigSm00th
USA
3/13/2003  6:49 PM
Amen.
#Knickstaps
tkf
3/13/2003  9:19 PM
fmoran: come on dukes you example is horrible, you can't compare a college frosh starting over a seinor to the NBA. college has a 4 year window there is really no building for the future.. come on man!! that is whack...

And as far as Frank williams goes frank has shown in his brief stint that he is as capable as ward and eisley and the reasoning behind this is that the knicks should be looking toward being competitive in the near future, playing ward and eisley will get you what 2 more wins at best, whats the use in that.... Play williams let him prove himself, and if he is good you have either a good player or a good trading piece either way you win!!! I can't see how you are going to argue with that!!

As far as the college thing, I will ignore showing you my diplomas and where I played: next!!!

And you want an example of a trade, someone posted this on another thread and I will use it. The knicks could of traded ward for Marc Jackson. Jackson's contract is as ugly as ward but he is a big man with some skills something that has some trade value and has value to the knicks, a terribly undersized team..

The knicks could have traded Othella to the suns a year ago, I think the package involved Jake tskalidas, a good trade for the knicks, Jake is 7'0 decent and young....

Now that I have given you two trades that would help the knicks now and in the future, what feeble argument will you put up next?

As far as milos goes milos he will take some years to develop you in all your moronic ways are making it seem like next year he and dice will "Poof" make the knicks contenders...... You need to shut the fuk up!!! Milos hopefully will be great one day and that one day will be in the future and that is why it is important to get him and dice players they can develop with, not aging players who will be past their prime when we can start making a move in the east.. damn!!

I want young talent, the knicks haven't shown they can develop young talent and that is why we need a change from the top, which was basically the point of this whole thread... MSG has fooled people like you for years... You just don't get it...

Just like your post in the thread to trade for Nene..LOL.. that was a classic... LMAO!!!

BigSm00th
USA
3/13/2003  10:15 PM
"As far as the college thing, I will ignore showing you my diplomas and where I played: next!!!"-Ha, no matter what you say from now on you just can't be taken seriously. You're a liar and an idiot. All of your outrageous arguments have been put down post after post after post, then you come back and make the same points. While you write "LOL" and "ROFL" at points that aren't even near humorous, I can truly tell you I got a great laugh out of this response.
#Knickstaps
tkf
3/13/2003  10:24 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

"As far as the college thing, I will ignore showing you my diplomas and where I played: next!!!"-Ha, no matter what you say from now on you just can't be taken seriously. You're a liar and an idiot. All of your outrageous arguments have been put down post after post after post, then you come back and make the same points. While you write "LOL" and "ROFL" at points that aren't even near humorous, I can truly tell you I got a great laugh out of this response.

The difference with me and you is that I don't waste time with silly shyt like show me your diploma, that is a waste of my internet time...why don't you prove to me that you are not some drag queen here impersonating a basketball fan.....

The real idiot is you, I have to keep making the same points because morons like you just don't get it, the funny thing is for months me and a few other guys from other sites have come over here reading your boring post we laugh at them via "IM" and the funny thing is that you unanimously have won idiot poster of the year....

I wish there was a archive on this site, I would lay all your stupid shyt out on a thread for a good laugh..... what a Joke!!!
tkf
3/13/2003  10:32 PM
big smooth: this is why you have no credibility and are a joke, just read your own post for a laugh, and feel free to LOL, LMAO and all the other good stuff..

The Knicks really aren't that small. Look at everyone else in the East. With McDyess back next year, they'll have a PF at 6'9", two backups who are 6'7" and 6'8" (true, Harrington and Spoon are small, but Spoon's an excellent rebounder and Harrington is effective in the post.) Thomas, at 6'9" is as big as any center in the East. Doleac, say all you want about him being white and having a bad haircut, he's a big body who can hit a 15' foot J, a very nice piece to have as a 10th or 11th guy on the bench. Look at the rest of the teams in the East and you're going to tell me they're a whole lot better then the Knicks.

You have the nerve to butt into this thread with your idiocy, this is why you are a Joke, I just IM this to my friend and he is crying!!! Ha!!! Doleac a good 10 or 11th man off the bench is a classic, well stop the presses!!!! This is the difference maker for the knicks. ECF here we come... And harrington effective in the post!!! For crying out loud LOL!!! is that why the knicks shoot so many jumpers because harrington is a low post stud!!! LOL!!!! Damn you are foolish.. I may just put this in the realgm. board, they need a good laugh!!!

You better change your screen name, Big smooth is proving to be a big dummy!!
This is why the Knicks will continue to suck!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy