[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is why the Knicks will continue to suck!!
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/20/2003  6:03 PM
Bad management, I don't want to hear there were no deals out there, we needed to start dumping this washed up team, this small team, this team of overpaid bums.... Layden offers Ward and Kt for payton, which is stupid, the bucks being serious offer their best player, allen and a bum in ollie and a decent player pryzbilla and get Payton and Mason a good young SG.

I am done with this boring to watch team, I really hope we lose the last 28 games, I want layden to get fired and Dolan to go Bankrupt and sell the team , this is the only way we will ever and I mean ever see good basketball in NY... we can keep hoping and wishishng for Dice to save this team but be for real the guy had 2 serious knee injuries... He is just about done IMO...

SAD state of affairs in NY!!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
HoustonIsSoft
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #219
2/20/2003  6:07 PM
I hear you tkf, but what did you want him to do? Word on the street was that he contacted every team regarding a trade and no one wanted anything to do with Knick players. OK, be pissed at the way they put this team together....I sure am, but I think Dolan seriously tried to do something, ANYTHING before the trading deadline, there was just no interest.

[Edited by - HOUSTONISSOFT on 02/20/2003 18:08:43]
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
2/20/2003  6:12 PM
Posted by tkf:

Bad management, I don't want to hear there were no deals out there, we needed to start dumping this washed up team, this small team, this team of overpaid bums.... Layden offers Ward and Kt for payton, which is stupid, the bucks being serious offer their best player, allen and a bum in ollie and a decent player pryzbilla and get Payton and Mason a good young SG.

I am done with this boring to watch team, I really hope we lose the last 28 games, I want layden to get fired and Dolan to go Bankrupt and sell the team , this is the only way we will ever and I mean ever see good basketball in NY... we can keep hoping and wishishng for Dice to save this team but be for real the guy had 2 serious knee injuries... He is just about done IMO...

Well then you're gonna be bouncing with joy at this thought: just heard they traded Sprewell for Sam Cassel/Joel Prizbilla. Still waiting for confirmation, but if it's true, I blame ignorant fans like you. You who can't seem to grasp that our star power forward is injured, and that the Knicks are .500 when healthy WITHOUT him. That isn't something to blow up; that's something to build on.

Whatever, I'll chill until we get some confirmation, but at least there's something you can be hopeful for til then....

[Edited by - fmoran on 02/20/2003 18:13:28]
go knicks!
HoustonIsSoft
Member: #219
2/20/2003  6:15 PM
A star power forward who's played only 10 games in the last 2 years! Don't expect miracles from the guy, it'll be a miracle if he can keep his ass on the floor.
tkf
2/20/2003  9:18 PM
fmoran: watch who you call ignorant. I am realistic. even the trade for pryz and casell does nothing for us. what you must understand is that the knicks are going to have to take the tale end of trades in order to purge some contracts and bring in younger talent, we keep putting this off, this year, last year with the dice trade, the year before, etc. at one time or another we are going to have to committ to a serious plan, and I mean not waiting on a Pf with 2 major knee surgeries and a Euro PG who never played in the NBA..

Get a clue man.. get a clue!!!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
killacross
Member: #58
USA
2/20/2003  10:09 PM
If you keep complaining then you must have some answers of your own. What would you have done or still do if you were in layden's shoes (besdies jumping off a bridge, taking dolan with you)? Or do you really think that the only way for the knicks to improve is to trash this season and shoot for james?
Posted by tkf:

fmoran: watch who you call ignorant. I am realistic. even the trade for pryz and casell does nothing for us. what you must understand is that the knicks are going to have to take the tale end of trades in order to purge some contracts and bring in younger talent, we keep putting this off, this year, last year with the dice trade, the year before, etc. at one time or another we are going to have to committ to a serious plan, and I mean not waiting on a Pf with 2 major knee surgeries and a Euro PG who never played in the NBA..

Get a clue man.. get a clue!!!!!
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
necrom33
Member: #234
USA
2/20/2003  10:28 PM
tkf - I feel ya, dawg!! LOL

No matter where ya go, there I am!!
fmoran
Canada
2/23/2003  1:52 PM
tkf: How is that being realistic? "what you must understand is that the knicks are going to have to take the tale end of trades in order to purge some contracts and bring in younger talent" Do you know what the "tale end" of trades means? It means bigger contracts, like Radmonivic with two of the Sonics centers' contracts. We don't have to trade our Sprees and our KTs for young talent: that's what the draft is for. Drafting is always more fundamental in rebuilding than trading away quality talent to get younger or more exciting players. Look at the Andre Miller/Darius Miles trade, or even the Jason Williams/Mike Bibby trade. How are those deals helping the Grizz and Cavs? I agree that we need young talent, but veterans are just as important to a team's chemistry. And because of our salary situation, the only way to get young talent (and keep them) is the draft. I know you wanna do things your way, and not rely on "a Euro PG who never played in the NBA" chosen late in the draft, but why? He could very well be the next Tony Parker. And don't tell me you wouldn't want a Tony Parker on the Knicks.

I can accept what the Knicks are going through this season, because I see what's there to build on. They've beaten quality teams. They've actually improved from last year. But their starting Power Forward is injured. Sprewell missed the first 9 games of the seaosn, and the team went 1-8. I mean, are you gonna sit there and tell me that if Dice was healthy right now, we wouldn't be in the top 4 Eastern Teams? That one player solves our biggest weaknesses: rebounds, post defense, and post offense. I know "2 serious knee injuries" is keeping you awake at night, but try and relax. Players come back from injuries, and unless you're his doctor, "He is just about done IMO" is about as ignorant as opinions get. The pros outweigh the cons, and I'd roll the Dice again if given the chance to. Besides, his contract is gone after next season, and once most of the other contracts start entering their final two years the Knicks can get serious about rebuilding.

For now, they have to play the hand they were dealt. That's sounds a hell of a lot more realistic than blowing the team up. Who's gonna want Allan Houston's contract? Or Howard Eisley's? Or Shannon Anderson's? So, really, you'd just rather trade away Spree, KT, Ward, and anyone else close to worth the money we are paying for younger guys, big guys, and probably bigger contracts. How are they supposed to do any better? How are the Knicks a better team with a Radmonivic or a Van Horn than with Spree and/or KT? I've heard your kind of rants so many times, I just have to laugh at the ignorance. "Blow up the team! Dump these salaries! Get young, tall, talented, guys!" Wow! You're a freaking genius! Why didn't I think of that?

Oh, right, because it isn't that easy. This thread has been nothing but bitching on your part, while providing empty solutions. Teams with payrolls of $90 million CAN'T REBUILD. Given that, I think the Knicks are exceeding expectations this year. And with Dice and Vujanic on the way, it's only the beginning.
go knicks!
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/24/2003  4:52 PM
Posted by tkf:

Knicks will suck because fans will continue to go to the games. One thing I have learned over the course as being a NYK fan is that we are our worst enemy. Why do you think that management doesn't want to rebuild because we like morons keep packing the stadium to watch the KNicks no matter how bad they are. They see this and managements eyes light up because they are still selling their poor product to thier customers and the customers keep buying no matter how bad they are. If only 10,000 fans show up for their games they would try and rebuild in a heart beat to get better talent so they could get to the playoffs but they feel no sense of urgency to get new talent they are content that they can sell a lousy Knicks team and still profit on them. Making the playoffs is icing on the cake for them. But if only 10,000 fans show up. they are tanking to get the next best thing in the draft there are no ifs and but about it. Because the fans keep going they are loving it no matter what happens. The Knicks as an organization couldn't give a rats *** about winning a championship. What is it now 30+ year
tkf
2/26/2003  11:38 AM
Fmoran: You see by reading your post, I can see that your problem is that you have no clue. You are fooled and bamboozled by layden and MSG... I want to blow this team up, now I know that Houston can't be traded and honestly I want to keep him, but in order to get rid of contracts like eisley is to package him with your best players, like spree or KT, and yes we would take back garbage contracts but shorter ones that will expire before bums like Anderson and eisleys does 5 years from now.. You have to sweeten the deal to dump garbage... I also like milos but to be realistic, and you are not, to pin our hopes on a Rookie guard and a PF who had 2 major surgeries is a big risk and you don't have to be a damn doctor to realize that!!!!!

As far as the miles trade goes, neither the clipps or the cavs are doing that well but believe me it is not because of miles that the cavs suck, they sucked when miller was there, so what is your point?
And then I read where you said you can see what there is to build on!!! LOL.. please tell me. We are 40 mil over the cap, we have a suck azz bench, we have 3 pg,s we have no post player over 6'10, we have bloated contracts, we have 2 Allstar SG,s one playing out of position, Our best post player has not played a game in a knicks uni, our PG of the future is a European rookie who hasn't stepped foot on a NBA court, our owner accepts mediocrity,our Gm is a idiot, And to top it all off we still won't be bad enough to have a shot at lebron James!!!

And you want my solution!!! Stop trying to acquire proven stars for our players, take unproven guys, Guys like Miles, odom,Q richardson can be had, make everything available the knicks have except our lottery pick. If a team wants spree, they have to take eisley or anderson. Kt has a good contract and he is only 30, trade him for a younger unproven player with upside, it can be done, just stop trying to trade these players for Allstars( which layden has done) and you will get some results. The fact is that I rather take back some huge contracts of guys that can actually play, guys that give us height, we have overpaid short , unskilled players....And you are happy with this? LOL!!!!!

You think you are insulting me by trying to feciously call me a genius, but the fact is I forgot more about this game then you will ever know... The fact that you are basing your hope on two major qusetion marks is hilarous, and unrealistic.... For that I laugh at you!!
Habernafi
Member: #360
USA
2/26/2003  2:50 PM
Bottom line is this... Layden is undecisive and overthinks things that are actually very simple, most of the times he does stupid things but every now and then he'll make some good moves like Milos, and not trading Spree for the sake of just trading him.

Although the Euroleague IS NOT THE NBA, Milos is considered right now the BEST PG in Europe, which is very exciting to me. BUT for McDyess to have "come back" from his injury at the beginning of the season, only to get reinjured makes me wonder if he will ever be 90% (forget 100%) and makes me wonder what kind of freakin trainers/doctors we have??!?!?! is it me or does it seem like the knicks are always injured/sore/hurting/whateva?

And not to take anything away from Chaney and the Knicks, the reason we are almost playing ".500 when injury free" is that our team is full of veterans and veterans know how to win games. Look at the Clippers, are you tellng me they don't have as much talent as we do? but look at their record(their coaching sucks too, bring Van Gundy in there and theyd be in the playoffs, but thats another post)

Another thing...i would never trade Kurt or Spree, why does everyone wanna trade Spree so badly? Do you honestly think his game has declined so much? I think his desire to win may have diminished because of Layden and Company but i still think he is valuable part of the Knicks, i don;t know if you have forgotten or have never watched the Ewing/Mason/Oaks/Starks days but the Knicks are a "special" kind of team, the Knicks are about players that have heart and pride bout repping NYC. I wouldn't take Van Horn for free.

You don't trade players like Kurt(playin at almost an all-star level) for unproven players, you instead gamble away solid, average players for possible stars.

Last thing... can anyone name a single player that has come back from a SERIOUS INJURY and finished his career healthy and with the same numbers? Let me name a few who haven't. LJ, Grant Hill, Rice, Camby. That's one thing management has to stop is gambling on injured players. Basketball is probably the riskiest sport in terms of players coming back from injuries, more then baseball of football.

PS the games at MSG are so empty its funny.
fmoran
Canada
2/26/2003  2:58 PM
The following reply is brought to you exclusively in tkf-enese. Enjoy!

tkf: I can see by your post that you laugh a lot and sometimes laugh at me....well it's not you who should be laughing, but me because you're plan suckz azz...I have also fooled you into thinking I'm bamboozled by MSG (can buildings bamboozle people?) and Layden....but it's you who are bamboozled....then I get to the part where you say you want to keep Houston...and I laugh at you because you are the one who laughs at me for saying there is nothing to build on, when there is in Houston (oh, the irony)....

Then you continue by flambizzling on about getting rid of eisley and anderson's contracts by also dumping spree and kt... oh yeah im sure everyone will line up for KT/Anderson and Spree/Eisley...then again maybe the combined salaries are why nothing happened... no Knicks should run out contracts, like they will with Longley and LJ (who you did not mention...Laugh Out Loud... You do seem to forget what I know just like you said...) but that will not be enough to sign free agents...will free agents want to play on a team with the only talent being Houston (according to you, Dice is hurt and Milos is in Europe, so the only talent is Houston)....the only benefit of this suck azz plan is getting closer to the cap but why does it matter to fans how much layden and msg pay (yes buildings pay luxury tax too)...especially at price of talent...

You said Dice was done....but I said you aren't his doctor....so you said he isn't done but he's a risk...yet you have no clue....for all the knowledge you say you forget, his injury could be the kind that fully heals with no chronic symptoms...for all you know that is....There is a risk, but are you doctor enough to tell me how big? didn't think so! laugh out loud!

More laughing ahead....you answer your own question of what is there to build by saying two all star sg's Laugh Out Loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rolling on the floor busting a gut more fun than barrel of monkeys laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the best is when I read about your decription of Milos...this tickles me...because you describe tony parker...who fell so low in draft because he was from europe....and in his second year he's second leading scorer on a top 5 team....for that I laugh at you!

Again your solution makes you look like a genius *cough* that means sarcasm...do you think layden would pass up odom, qrich? maybe miles, but i would too cuz i never like him....but you are being retarded....for that I laugh at you...name me one rumor this season that involved eisley or anderson for qrich, odom...having a tough time? thats because anytime those eisley and anderson were mentioned, deals shut down....look at how bad you want to get rid of them....if you're gm of another team (hope not! laugh out loud!) do you want them there for 5 years...untradeable is the right word.

So now I have finished reading your post, and the laughing directed towards me is infuriating...do not laugh at me! stop! my fecious accusation of geniushood stands unbamboozled! the fact that you rely hope on trading untradeable players further cements your ignorance....but it's not your fault, you've forgotten all I know...

Trust me though, it's fuuunny. So don't stop laughing on my account.

EDIT:Habernafi: I'll do you one better. I'll name a former Knick who came back from major knee surgery to become an All-Star: Bernard King.

[Edited by - fmoran on 02/26/2003 15:11:33]
go knicks!
rain
Member: #353
USA
2/26/2003  3:21 PM
fmoran... a little heavy handed, no??? You might want to breathe a bit. Some of your proposals have been less than realistic and less than helpful talent-wise. Cut some slack .
tkf
2/26/2003  7:46 PM
fmoran: you need to learn how to read before replying to my post: first of all, I want to keep Houston simply because at his salary and age he will never be traded, Yes we have two Allstar guards or guards who used to be allstars but neither are the type of players to build around. You build around stars, T-Mac, Garnett, Duncan, etc. Not Houston and spree and Kt.. come on man. and you can package eisley and Anderson along with spree and Kt but don't expect to get back a STar.. you are going to have to take back a ugly expiring contract but this is the only way the knicks are going to get better, it is called taking one step back to take two steps forward, something you obviously have no clue of..

Next, You are misreading my take on Milos. I like the guy and I think he will be a fantastic player but for christ sakes he is still a 22 year old rookie and Pg is the hardest position to learn in the NBA, Have you ever played organized basketball? your knowledge seems tainted and your views unrealistic, Milos besides all the hype was still a 2nd round pick and before you go on I ask you to tell me how many 2nd round picks have led their teams to a championship?..Crickets..

Next back to mcdeyse I hope to god he fully recovers but look at it the guy has missed 2 years to knee injuries and now you are banking the knicks future on him. you truly show your ignorance.. As knicks fans we have every right to be optomistic,

You try to be sarcastic and come in here with your backwards logic, I think if you read your own post you will find how unrealistic and funny you are..

And for that: I LAUGH AT YOU!!!!! AND KEEP LAUGHING!!!
fmoran
Canada
2/28/2003  2:16 AM
Do I even need to say who I'm replying to: Ok. Let's have another go at this:

* You said you honestly wanted to keep Houston. Wanted. Not "were forced to". Don't go back on that.

* Stop. Just stop. Don't even start with the "we need a superstar to build on" line. Go play NBA 2K3 and get the Knicks a Duncan or Kobe. Play a couple games, enjoy, then come back down to reality. Gracias.

* Why would anyone trade expiring contracts for a 5-year commitment? Yeah, I'll give ya this: those extensions are plenty a reason to call for Layden's head. And the reason being that Eisley/Anderson are now untradeable. And this is not a mess with a quick and easy "Undo" button. So stop trying to push it.

* Let me ask you: would we really be better off trading Spree? His contract runs out soon enough, and since we'd basically be getting nothing by trading for expiring contracts anyways, wouldn't it be better to ride him out? It's this kind of desperate irrationality that can ruin a franchise. We could be a lot worse right now and in the future (Van Horn, anyone?). And get the idea out of your head that any team would take Eisley/Anderson with Spree. Those two were big time deal killers this past trade deadline. No one wanted to take back big contracts.

* Do I play basketball? All the time. Don't know what that has to do with anything. Is my opinion worth more to you now?

* You're blinded by trying to pour salt on a wound and making any realistic solution seem insufficient. You're blatantly contradicting yourself: we need young, up and coming talent, yet looking to Milos for the future is a bad idea because he isn't as experienced? Do you think any young, up and coming talents have a lot of experience? Brick. Do you even know who Milos is? He's averaging 25 ppg, significantly more than last year. He just happened to blow up a year after we stole him, plain and simple. Do you really think he'd be a second rounder this year? This is something to celebrate as Knick fans! And you? You look at his draft position and cry. It's the only thing you're basing the negativity on. That and his on court position. Here's a couple second rounders to sink your teeth into: Gilbert Arenas, Rashard Lewis, Cuttino Mobley, Michael Redd, and Alvin Williams. Sure, pg is the hardest position to learn, but why does that mean we can't expect contributions from the guy? Just because he's a rookie? Than what do you call Jamaal Tinsley and Tony Parker? I call them great rookie point guards who fell way too far in the draft. Swish.

* Who's banking on Dice for the future? I'm banking on him for the now. And if he comes back fully recovered with no further injuries, it's all a bonus. If he never plays a regular season game with the Knicks, than he's gone after next year. More money off the payroll, and we look where we can go from there. But we don't count him out yet. That's what I've been saying!! He's a wildcard right now, and the payoff would be colossal. Think about it. What can we do now in terms of rebuilding now that we can't do as good or even better if Dice never comes back and we waive his salary?

* Man, I can just imagine you with a Swashbuckler laugh. For that, I laugh at you. Mwuah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah. En guarde, Rapscallian!

[Edited by - fmoran on 02/28/2003 08:20:30]
go knicks!
tkf
3/1/2003  9:25 PM
fmoran: first of all I will get right to the point. Milos may be good he may be great but like any young player who has not stepped on the NBA floor is a gamble when I talk young players i mean guys with NBA games under their belts, like Odom,Q Richardson, Al Harrington,.... you mention guys like Lewis, mobley and arenas who are good but they are not the guys that are going to win you championships. I am tired of being mediocre and currently bad... I want to build something solid, and the quicker we do it the less time we spend wasting on wallowing in mediocrity waiting for Dice who is still a ? to save us... I want dice to be fine, I want milos to be a great PG but lets be realistic... I ask if you even play basketball because you views are so unrealistic, talk about NBA 2k3 LOL!!!! That is you homie//

I know there is no quick fix, but there is a quikcer fix than what we are trying now and that is hoping and waiting on this aging core to finally play together, and that is tired man. we need to start rebuilding now and that takes sacrafice.... I rather suck with a cheap roster than with this bloated monster we have now..

You have bought so much into the wait until dice comes back and wait until we get milos over here.. I know who this kid is, my next door neighbor played in the European league, Iknow all about milos.... but again as a realistic fan I know that even with milos and dice, we still have a unbalanced, overpaid roster, with not height, and you are being suckered and for that

I LAUGH REAL HARD AT YOU...ROLLING ON THE FLOOR SPILLING MY DRINK.....
fmoran
Canada
3/2/2003  12:09 PM
You have the most ignorant views ever. And you ask me if I play basketball? Like your participation in some adult league gives you NBA GM credibility. Why don't you give me you're season stat line while you're at it. Oh, 45% FG? Maybe you are right about Milos. Hahaha.

(I liked the point form reply, so instead of switching it up with somethin new, i'll stick with that that, homes.)

* Any young player is a gamble, because you expect the potential to pay off. You don't expect them to stay the same, you expect them to get better and being young, there's plenty of time to do that.

* Oh no! We better stop drafting players then! They sure don't have any NBA games under their belts. Whoever wins the lottery is gonna be sorry for drafting LeBron too, cause he sure doesn't have any NBA games under his belt. And let's not even mention Yao Ming. Did anyone really expect a tall chinese guy who didn't have any NBA games under his belt to succeed? And I'm sure the Spurs are kicking themselves for gambling on Tony Parker. How many games did he have under his belt when he entered the League? Thought so.

* I mentioned guys like Lewis, Mobley, and Arenas so you'd stop bitching about Milos being drafted in the second round. Gracias.

* You don't know what the word realistic means. Realistic to you is never expecting draft picks to do anything, trading away all your question marks and overpaid players for expiring contracts and young talent (like Odom, Harrignton, and Q), and doing this all in a span of what? A year? Two? Get a clue.

* Man, the NBA 2K3 joke flew right over ya, huh? Ok, let's make this simpler: the only way playing basketball would make a difference in how I see the pros would be if I was playin there. I'm not any more realistic on franchise salaries for playing PG on my HS squad. Does this make any sense to you? It's like saying "I play basketball, and you probably don't, so I'm right and you're wrong."

* "I know there is no quick fix, but there is a quikcer fix.."

Umm yeah...

* How is waiting for this core of guys to play "tired"? What, half a season is tiring for you? You're watching the wrong sport then. You make it sound like we've been waiting for Dice to return for years. But when he gets back, it won't be so easy at tha garden no mo'.

* "but again as a realistic fan I know that even with milos and dice, we still have a unbalanced, overpaid roster, with not height, and you are being suckered and for that "

So? If that comes along with an Eastern Conference championship, I'm all for it! And I know you aren't gonna sit here and tell me that with Dice we aren't one of the top teams in the East. I mean you'd really have to hate the Knicks to say that. Depth is great and all, but how deep are the Nets? Or the Sixers (currently 4th)? Yeah, the payroll sucks. But realistically speaking, it's something you have to deal with. Everything is not hopeless. Everything I've suggestested isn't some whacky, unrealistic idea. We already have Dice and Milos, yet you're counting them out without having seen them play on the Knicks. I think next season we are gonna be the biggest surprise in the league. Won't be easy at tha garden no mo'.

* In closing, what the hell is wrong with you. I mean, really? We shouldn't gamble on draft picks? Dice won't do anything when he returns? Milos isn't the type of young talent we need? I bet as you're reading this, you are thinking "Exactly! He's finally getting it!" I'll ask again the same question you conveniently ignored in your last reply: what can we do now in terms of rebuilding now that we can't do as good or even better if Dice never comes back and we waive his salary, on top of not having Longley/LJ's salaries either?
go knicks!
tkf
3/2/2003  10:43 PM
fmoran: you got me all wrong man. I am all for drafting young talent and draft picks, that is what I want, but the knicks have either traded away or squandered their picks... And if we do happen to get good young talent we sit them on the bench behind these overpaid guys because of the money they make. Why is postel or Williams not getting more playing time than ward and Anderson? why? are ward and anderson that good? the knicks have no clue.... that is why I don't have faith in management and this core is flawed, adding Dice and Milos won't change that, and this is what I am trying to get through to your ignorant, stubborn skull!! The nets, Indian, have depth, balance and height all throught the team, we have a lot of holes and the only way to fix this mess is to blow it up..period. i know that is easier said than done but the knicks keep putting off waiting on dice to play with this core and I tell you if management was smart they would be building a younger core around him, a more athletic, competent team, face it we are not that good, we play hard, hustle and overachieve, but we are very low on the talent scale, I have no patience for this, you are misreading my posts, I would love to have a lebron James, but if all he is going to do is play behind spree, Houston and Anderson then we are defeating the pupose, you fail to see this, now is the time to stop trying to get a 8th seed and get massacred in the playoffs when we should be seriously evaluating what we can do for next year.. this team and management has it all wrong and has for years suckerd people like you!!!
fmoran
Canada
3/9/2003  7:23 PM
*If Williams and Postell deserve to play, they will. They get all the minutes they want in practice, but they haven't impressed anyone. The way Williams was playing early on, I woulda put him away too. Ward and Eisley are better players. He was a real let down. But since then, he has improved, and will get more minutes if he continues to improve. Postell, on the other hand, can stay where he is. Anderson is a much better player this year.

*The Nets have depth? Are they even a playoff team without Kidd? Are they even close? I guess we'll find out next year...

*We have a lot of holes? I can think of lacking a center, but that's it. Give me McDyess, a big, defensive center, and we've got a top East team. The guys we have together now are overacheiving because of the chemistry they have together. It's not as desolate as you make it sound. Getting a couple young big bodies in the draft will address that. Other than that I don't know what you're complaining about...Do we have holes in at the PG? I only see the PF/C position and we should be greatly improved their next season. You cna complain about age all you want, but why do you suppose a team with so much heigh, so much talent, and so much youth like, say, the Clippers, suck so much? Lack of veterans, for one, and lack of chemistry. I'd rather be us, cause you can't draft chemistry.

*"I would love to have a lebron James, but if all he is going to do is play behind spree, Houston and Anderson then we are defeating the pupose"

Yeah, I'm sure LeBron would sit on the bench. Probably because management hates talent and winnning, right? Are you hearing yourself? I know you're in love with Postell and Williams, but trust me, they wouldn't be starting anywhere else either. They'd have to be on a really bad team to see more minutes than they do here.

*I hear this everytime I strike up a conversation about the Knicks: "All they can do is compete for the 8th spot. They're stuck in no man's land, a 35 win season." Huh? I'd agree with you if this team was 100% healthy and we were still failing. Then we'd suck horribly (Atlanta). But all this season proves to me is that without McDyess, the Knicks are a playoff team (.500 with Sprewell). With Dice, and his 20 and 10, and Milos, and a lottery pick?!? That's hardly no man's land. That's 50 win land.

*I'm not the one being suckered. Byron and all these Nets fans have you suckered into thinking our team isn't in their league, when really, we are one player away, and he's coming next season. And come 03-04, we'll see who makes the playoffs, and who's left behind.

[Edited by - fmoran on 03/09/2003 19:28:37]
go knicks!
tkf
3/9/2003  11:32 PM
fmoran: believe me Byron scott has no one fooled, he is a idiot and his team will be a first round victim, with that being said the knicks do have a lot of holes, no height, lack of skilled players, and very little youth....

I understand that this team is playing well together but being a realistic fan who wants to win a championship we are no where close..

Let me ask you this question? if we got lucky and got Lebron and spree and Houston are still on this team, does this team have the balls to bench either Houston or spree? ....Yea I thought so.. This team has no plan it seems and the plan that layden is trying to sell is still based upon a guy who hasn't played in almost 2 years!!! This is what scares me...

We can talk about Postel, williams, Anderson, spree and whoever we want, the plain truth is that we are small, lacking skill and waiting for a guy who had 2 knee surgeries and who's game is based on Athleticism.

Can you see what I am saying here?
This is why the Knicks will continue to suck!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy