[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Scott Burrell??
Author Thread
lovespree
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #53
USA
9/26/2001  9:03 AM
Someone please tell me the logic in this pick - up? Do we not already have an abundance at small forward - Spree, Shandon and now Burrell. I'm not sure what the Knicks are thinking. We need height and size. Scott Burrell is not going to cut it. He will fighting for time behind Shandon. It will be interesting to see how this team will perform this year with so many new additions.
NY KNICKS 4 EVER! Will we ever find players like Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniels, Patrick Ewing again? I hope so.
AUTOADVERT
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
9/26/2001  3:31 PM
Well Burrell is agood outside shooter and a competent defender. And he won't be bitching over minutes and shots. I am behind this decision. I would rather have Houston, Sprewell, Anderson and Burrell than Houston, Sprewell and Rice.

Give Allan and Spree their 40 minutes and 16 shots, and have Anderson and Burrell pick up 6-7 minutes and a couple of shots each.

I like what the Knicks are trying to do. Sure, Jax, Eiz and Ward aren't the greatest of point guard combinations, and there is no obvious backup center. But this roster looks a lot better than last season's. It is younger and deeper. Jeff may even have to go to a 10-man rotation!
We suck.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
9/26/2001  3:59 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

Give Allan and Spree their 40 minutes and 16 shots, and have Anderson and Burrell pick up 6-7 minutes and a couple of shots each.

Maybe that works for the oft injured Scott "give me a chance" Burrell, but Shandon played 29 minutes a game last season. He is not going to be happy with anything less than 15 minutes of time no matter how many millions the Knicks are giving him.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/26/2001  4:03 PM
oh man, now we got 2 Scott Burrell threads going, but it looks like the other one just went off on a point guard tangent.

Let's talk about the minutes at the big guard and small forward position: Houston gets 35 minutes at the 2 with Spree cleaning up the other 13 minutes. With a little math (and an assumption that Spree plays 35 minutes a game), that leaves 22 minutes to split between Anderson, Burrell, Witherspoon and LJ at the small forward position, right? I just don't see it happening. Someone has to go and someone has to sit. So who do you sit? The guy you just traded for who make upwards of $6M? The guys who you burned your $4.5 exception for? The luggage you just through $800K at? Or the broken down, former all-star who can't jump, makes almost $5,600 per minute played last year at 32 minutes a game and is likely to see his minutes played halved (making $10,000 per minute ain't bad)?

Does anyone think that Spree will get traded?

ALso, gotta feel bad for 6'7" Wright. He gets drafted by the team that plays in the Mecca of basketball and then sees the team load up on small forwards and undersized power forwards.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Scott Burrell??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy