[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Latest movies saw
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
12/10/2007  12:37 PM
saw a couple of movies. saw superbad, the host, alpha dog and sound of thunder. well lets start with the worst.

sound of thunder- quite possibly one of the worse movies i have seen in my lifetime. interesting concept and i heard the book was fantastic but this movie was the worst. characters are non engaging, storyline was very hard to follow and had many holes and last but certainly not least the sfx had the same quality as "the land of the lost" show in the 70's. as a matter of fact i thought the effects on that show was better.

host- not as bad but disappointing. this is the first korean movie i have seen and it wasn't great. highly overrated. the creature wasn't scary and besides a very few seens the comedy was awful. maybe it is a culture thing. however the sfx was more fluid and the creature looked real but not scary. another awful ending.

superbad- funny movie but again i thought this was as overrated as "knocked up" i like that they brought back the r-rated teen comedies like they did in the 80's when i used to watch them illegally through wiggly lines hoping for a nude shot ( ah youth!). but this movie did not have the constant laughs to me like "40 year old virgin" or "harold and kumar goes to white castle". still i recommend this movie.

alpha dog- very good and disturbing movie based on a true story. this is in the same vein as "kids" or "bully" where it observes disenfranchised youngsters who are at best morally gray. though there are some characters that are morally aware of their actions and of others more than the movie "bully", it still sends a message where this type of violence and immorality is not only accepted but reverred. i feel bad saying this but justin timberlake was brilliant in this movie as the one character who is pulled in different directions emotionally and morally. highly recommend this movie.
AUTOADVERT
bitty41
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #1215

12/10/2007  6:11 PM
Jazz

Bully left a bad feeling in my stomach just so ****ed up on so many levels.

Also another people should check out if you like stories of really messed up people is Wonderland. The movie centers around John Holmes and the murder case he was involved with.

Tell me you have been watching Dexter! Its getting crazy I don't want to reveal too much because people really should either watch it if they have Showtime I rent the DVDs because the show is one of the best on TV right now.
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1126
USA
12/11/2007  10:55 PM
Jazz' 'Host' was very good! How did you not' get frieghtened by that thing?! A guy who was sitting in front of me threw his popcorn into the air during one scene. Scared the hell out of us. Oh well. To each's own. Thanks for the heads up on the other films.

bitty41, I seen the first season. I rented it. I sort of breezed right through it. In record time. I think three nights. I know the second season's out but I'll wait for the rentals again. I got plenty to watch until then. Thanks for not disclosing. I still think it's some of the best mystery writing I' have ever seen, at least in a long time.
I'll never trust this' team again.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/16/2007  11:47 AM
I am Legend was a mixed bag...very entertaining, suspenseful and visually impressive in parts, and then totally unrealistic and ridiculous looking in others.
USA
12/16/2007  6:18 PM
Posted by VDesai:

I am Legend was a mixed bag...very entertaining, suspenseful and visually impressive in parts, and then totally unrealistic and ridiculous looking in others.

Kind of what I been hearing. I'll wait for the DVD thank you.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/16/2007  11:50 PM
just rented Superbad... pretty funny movie... if u'r not a fan of sexually blunt humor u probably won't enjoy it tho.

i also highly recommend a Japanese movie called "Casshern" that is on DVD released through Dreamworks... awesome sci-fi film based on an old animated TV series... the CGI effects combined w/animation & live action was brilliant... the story line's a bit convoluted & hard to follow, but i thought it was very well made... if ur a fan of Japanime or movies like the Matrix, i think u'll enjoy this film.

http://www.casshern.com/

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
12/17/2007  8:23 AM
four more movies: deck the halls, invisible, bamboozled and last american virgin.

deck the halls- cornball. definately a run in the mill holiday movie with an unbelievable corny ending ( thouhg my girlfriend thought it was cute and cried at the end). some grinning moments but i would not recommend this unless you have an afternoon with nothing to do and it happens to be on ( which was in my case).

invisible- i was curious about this film because it was written and directed by david goyer who wrote "batman begins" and the "blade" trilogy. obviously decent credentials though the "blade trinity" movie was garbage but i will give him a benefit of the doubt. though i had my doubts with the slow and confusing beginning, it definately picked up later with a successful suspenseful tale. this movie was pretty good and i do recommend it.

bamboozled- the last two movies are older movies. this i saw bits and peices of it but i finally saw the whole thing in one sitting. i am a spike lee fan and he delivers here. though it is a comedy, it definately had a message about african-american portrayals in television. since this was nearly ten years old, this issue is not as prevalent as it was back then with shows like "homeboy in outer space" and some comedy about slave ( yes, they had a comedy about a slave). the show that is presented here is so over the top offensive, i could not help but laugh and damon wayans give an excellent performance as well as jada pinkett smith, michael rappaport and mos def. highly recommend this.

last american virgin- this movie is over twenty years old but a movie that every teenager boy must see as well as adult men. it seems like the basic "porky's" retread that is starting to revitalize with "superbad". however the ending is a shocker that will gaurantee that you will view the opposite sex in a different light. not to mention the movie is funny too. HIGHLY recomended.
VDesai
USA
12/18/2007  11:17 PM
"This is England"- sort of the English version of American History X, but that's a simplistic description. Extremely powerful.
USA
12/19/2007  12:27 AM
Casshern? I'll check it out. I have all the 'Blade' movies, so I'll try to check out 'Invisible' also. 'The Is England' sounds interesting also. Thanks guys.
VDesai
USA
12/19/2007  8:34 AM
If you end up liking "This is England" you should rent one of the director's earlier movies afterwards, "Dead Man's Shoes."
bitty41

12/19/2007  9:16 PM
The Curse of the Golden Flower check this movie out if you like the Greek Tragedy themes.
VDesai
USA
12/20/2007  12:02 AM
Posted by bitty41:

The Curse of the Golden Flower check this movie out if you like the Greek Tragedy themes.

I'm a sucker for any Kung-Fu movies or any movies with Chow-Yun Fat, but I really didn't like this one.
TMS
USA
12/20/2007  3:18 AM
my next must see:

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bitty41

12/20/2007  7:36 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by bitty41:

I'm a sucker for any Kung-Fu movies or any movies with Chow-Yun Fat, but I really didn't like this one.

Im the same I love alot of movies in this genre Hero (which I thought was a great movie all the way from its action to meaning), House of Flying Daggers, and even Kung Fu Hustle was pretty good. But I thought Curse of the Golden Flower was just beautifully shot and as I mentioned before the Greek Tragedy angle which seemed to be present throughout the film.

I was wondering if anyone here is a big of the Stephen King classics like Carey, The Shinning, and Salem's Lot. Well recently I just bought the DVD for Salem's even now I still find it pretty scary. It just goes to show that you don't need blood and gore to get a good scare out of people.
USA
12/20/2007  9:20 PM
Posted by TMS:

my next must see:

The whole thing was shot in chicago. So much for Gotham City. No thanks.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/21/2007  2:08 AM
I thought American Gangsta was a good movie. Told a good story and was very informative on how that mob worked.

I thought I Am Legend was a fun movie, and I happen to think Will Smith is a pretty darn good actor in his own right. There definitely were some unrealistic parts though, that should have been realistic, but I guess this movie was part fantasy.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
bitty41

12/21/2007  12:43 PM
Has anyone seen Golden Compass thinking about checking it out this weekend? Is it worth it or should I see I am Legend instead
VDesai
USA
12/21/2007  12:50 PM
Posted by bitty41:

Has anyone seen Golden Compass thinking about checking it out this weekend? Is it worth it or should I see I am Legend instead

I haven't head good things about compass. I saw Legend- to me it was just ok, though the opening sequences were a sight to behold.
USA
12/22/2007  5:32 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by bitty41:

I haven't head good things about compass. I saw Legend- to me it was just ok, though the opening sequences were a sight to behold.

That's basically what I been hearing to about Legend.

Just saw The Bourne Ultimatum. I waited this long to see it on DVD, because Matt went on Letterman and wanted to make it clear that the 'Yankees Sucked'. I lost a lot of respect for him for that. No more theaters to see his movies anymore. He's been reduced to last resort DVD selection. I can wait. But the film was awsome.

[Edited by - 4949 on 12-22-2007 5:32 PM]
TMS
USA
12/23/2007  5:33 AM
i like Matt Damon, even tho he's a Red Sux fan... his movies are very good (Rounders, Bourne series, Saving Private Ryan)... i hate Ben Affleck tho... he's just annoying.

Bourne Ultimatum was my favorite of the 3, tho all 3 were very good.
Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy