[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Latest movies saw
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1126
USA
6/30/2007  9:09 PM
I know this is a movie thread, but feel welcome to post television series on it also if you'd like. I just started up watching The X-Files. I never got a chance to see most of them, back in the 90's. Too busy, but had some down time, found a source and checking out the first season. I saw about maybe 3 or 4 dozen episodes back then. There's one in the first season called 'Beyond The Sea', guest starring Brad Dourif. His character just creeped my out. That episode creeped me out. I thought it was a defining moment for his acting. He began in 1975, with a roll in 'One Flew Over The Coo Coos Nest' and got an Oscar nomination. Another one of his characters was in the recent HBO series 'Deadwood', which I liked. One of his more memorable characters is in the last two Lord of the Rings movies as Grima Wormtongue (great name) who was the dark wizards messenger and dooer of evil deeds to the King. He's a great actor. I never realized how much of his stuff I really seen over the years.

Anyway, it's cool getting back into the Files again. Any fans here?
I'll never trust this' team again.
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/5/2007  7:10 PM
Wow....you have to see Bourne Ultimatum.
bitty41
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #1215

10/22/2007  10:40 AM
I know this thread hasn't been updated in like a million years but I finally got a chance to check out a few movies.
Posted by VDesai:

I just saw this two weeks ago and yes I have to agree this was probably the best one of the series. Also saw Eastern Promises loved it about until the very very end. So it was a solid 3 star until the last 5 minutes of the movie.

You mentioned TV Shows is anyone else watching Dexter?
USA
10/22/2007  11:29 PM
Posted by bitty41:

I know this thread hasn't been updated in like a million years but I finally got a chance to check out a few movies.
Posted by VDesai:

I just saw this two weeks ago and yes I have to agree this was probably the best one of the series. Also saw Eastern Promises loved it about until the very very end. So it was a solid 3 star until the last 5 minutes of the movie.

You mentioned TV Shows is anyone else watching Dexter?

That's my guy! Dexter. Rented the first season. Some of the best writings I ever saw for this kind of story. Highly recommend this SHOWTIME series. I remember hearing about this concept almost a few years ago and it was interesting. I got a demo of the first show and I was hooked! This series is based on a book. Another book just recently came out, I can't remember the writers name off hand, but the stories been around for awhile and fans where hoping for a television series. Anyone see the first season yet? Great stuff. Can't wait to see the second series. Michael C. Hall, the main character, does a lot of Broadway Theater from what I understand. Great character.

I totally forgot all about this thread. Thanks for bringing it back. Saw Harry Potter (5) on 3-D screen. I wasn't overly knocked out by the latest story 'Order Of The Phoenix'. A few days ago, Rowling, the writer of all seven books came out on the stage of Carnigie Hall and announced that Dumbledorf was gay. Kind of the way movie 5 seemed to be going towards. Not that I give two craps, but it was a little strange to see. The guy who directed this book into film, I wasn't really impressed. It's much darker and certain characters are missing time spent. It was kind of weird really. For those of you who are familiar with this series, Dudley came out with some kind of hip hop look to him and was meaner than hell. Something that totally surprised me. I didn't even know it was him. I don't get the Dursley's family at all. Some of the magic (the innocense) was taken out of it for me. What do any of you think of the latest film? I didn't really like the way it started, but later in the film, the visuals are great, but the story seemed to be lacking something.

Getting ready to go see Nighmare Before Christmas on big 3-D screen. Should be cool! I've seen a lot of movies and docs in the past several months, where do I begin? I don't think any of you (I suppose) are interested in anything UFO are you? Because if you are, you might be interested in these documentary's:

'Evidence: The Case For UFO's' by David Sereda
'Dan Aykryod Unplugged On UFOs' (yup' Dan's had some experiences also. He tells an interesting story that happened outside of MSG)

Also saw a few conceptual television series:
Shaun Cassidy's 'Invasion' (2005) that was cut off and left hanging. This one had a lot of potential and was cut off air. Horrible!
Also saw 'Threshold' (2005) that was 'brutally' cut off air.
And 'Taken', Stephen Spielbergs produced series. Boring at first, but it got real interesting later on. At least it had a chance to end properly, but all three has some very interesting concepts as to what UFO & Aliens might be about. I'm fascinated with this stuff. Of course, The X-Files are the masters to these themes, as far as UFO television shows.
Let me know if you've seen them.
bitty41

10/23/2007  12:22 PM
Dexter is the shiznit! Im ashamed to say that I haven't read any of the books yet but I defintely plan to do so probably after the 2nd season. The show is funny, disturbing, and gut-wrenching. Anyone that has showtime I definetly recommend you check out this show.

Yea I also checked out the recent Harry Potter flick. I mostly just go see it because my friend loves the series. Enjoy the movies for the most part but when I was watching the last one all I kept thinking was wow the author could make this movie ridiculously scary. So I was kinda of let down not because it was darker but I wanted darker.

Also if anyone likes legal dramas definetly watch Damages. This show puts CSI, L&O, all them to shame.
USA
10/27/2007  1:55 AM
The girlfriend like's CSI. She's a big fan, but I'll mention it.

Just looked it up. Hmmm, 'Damages' has good ratings and some very good reviews. Glen Close & Ted Danson are in it. Ted's in 8 episodes. I'm still not clear who's airing it. I think it might be Fox?
USA
10/27/2007  2:06 AM
Might help.

USA
11/1/2007  8:19 PM
If you guy's ever get a chance to see 'Nightmare Before Christmas' in 3-D, do it. It was very cool. The details are awsome. Still one of my favorite musical scores.
bitty41

11/3/2007  1:15 PM
Posted by 4949:

If you guy's ever get a chance to see 'Nightmare Before Christmas' in 3-D, do it. It was very cool. The details are awsome. Still one of my favorite musical scores.

Wow I didn't even know they had it in 3-D version. Also how ****ing good is Dexter getting this season.
USA
11/4/2007  5:36 AM
Posted by bitty41:
Posted by 4949:

Wow I didn't even know they had it in 3-D version. Also how ****ing good is Dexter getting this season.

Totally ****'n awsome!!! Dex is the sheet man!!! My favorite serial (corn flakes) killer.
cristane
Member: #1679
Romania
11/6/2007  10:30 AM
Posted by 4949:

Just looked it up. Hmmm, 'Damages' has good ratings and some very good reviews. Glen Close & Ted Danson are in it. Ted's in 8 episodes. I'm still not clear who's airing it. I think it might be Fox?

FX, I think. That's what imdb says anyway.
USA
11/7/2007  12:11 AM
Thanks and welcome. Jump right in anytime. Film is one of the loves of my life.
bitty41

11/7/2007  11:02 AM
Just saw American Gangster this past weekend. As usual Denzel was masterful the guy hasn't done a bad film. Go see AG if especially if you like a good crime drama.

Dexter this weekend god im just loving all the subplot storylines on top of the main story for this season.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
11/7/2007  11:30 AM
Haven't jumped on this thread in a while.

Some newish, must-see DVD's:

Grindhouse- especially Planet Terror. Entertaining.

A Mighty Heart- great performances all around, must-see story of Daniel Pearl

Zodiac- The underrated thriller of the year. Unbelievably suspenseful.

Away From Her- A nice little story about growing old and dealing with Alzheimer's.

The Wind that Shakes the Barley- Stunning film with a great performance by Cillian Murphy. If you didn't know about how the IRA came about or Ireland's civil strife this is really a must see.

Stuff I've seen in the theater:

Michael Clayton- Not that great...by the numbers legal thriller. Getting a lot of hype but not as interesting as I thought it'd be.

Darjeeling Limited- Funny and quirky like all Wes Anderson films, but a little dissapointing. Never really comes together.

Assasination of Jesse James- Casey Affleck is amazing, but its long and slow and has annoying narration

BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
11/7/2007  1:06 PM
ya i came away very impressed w/ american gangster
#Knickstaps
bitty41

11/7/2007  8:26 PM
This movie came out a few years ago but I consider it a classic "Best in Show" some of the best comedic performances in recent history.
USA
11/9/2007  12:17 AM
I still need to see the Grindhouse series. I beleive Zodiac got two thumbs down, but if you say it's underrated, then I'll have to check that out. American Gangster looks interesting. Think I'll wait for the DVD.
CDB
Member: #1583

11/10/2007  2:05 PM
I just seen American Gangster, very good movie IMO.
"I wipe my @ss with your feelings" - Tony Soprano
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
11/12/2007  8:41 AM
got netflix and a new lcd tv so you know the movies are rolling in. last month i concentrated on some horror movies because of the season so here are some movies i saw.

grindhouse: planet terror/ death proof- both movies are good and beyond most horror films now even though it strives to be trashy

hostel 2: as good as the first. interesting seeing the "behind the scenes" part of it but not as terrifying as the first because the first was more mysterious. brutal ending especially if you are a male.

vacancy: almost run in a mill type of story. decent but not great.

zodiac: great story and interesting take on the zodiac killer. however, it was too long and years past within the movie and these people looked the same every year. i am talking about maybe a decade and change has past.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
11/12/2007  8:54 AM
oh, i forgot these movies too:

knocked up: good movie but i thought it was overrated. it was a follow-up to the classic 40 year old virgin so i expected better. it was above average but not a classic.

28 weeks later: not that good. very disappointed. the first one was good until the corny end. this was good until the end too where it took a nose dive.

evan almighty: definately not bruce almighty. had some moderate laughs but expected more from a steve carrell starring vehicle. nice "feel good" message though.

messengers: average. confusing even after the movie. don't want to give anything away but i don't understand why the "messengers" were doing what they were doing in the first place.

1408: very disappointing. i started respecting cusack as an actor with "grosse point blank" and definately the underrated "identity". the scene with him and samuel jackson in the beginning talking was well crafted and acted but it does not save this boring film. there are some creepy part but it is far between some mess.

grudge 2: mess. i thought the first one was scary with jump scenes galore. this one was just boring mess that was confusing throughout.
Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy