[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Latest movies saw
Author Thread
cshoops
Posts: 20049
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/3/2002
Member: #329
USA
8/16/2011  1:47 AM
I lost the battle of Warner Brothers Vs. Disney but I just saw Salt again for the first time on Blu Ray. I didn't expect the extended unrated to be so different. Angelina Jolie is ahead of the game as usual. I highly recommend checking it out.
AUTOADVERT
jazz74
Posts: 22234
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 12/24/2002
Member: #371
8/18/2011  11:54 AM
cshoops, it wasnt a competition. just wanted to relay facts. lol. well, lets get back to topic.

warriors way- i like genre-bending movies like this and it was decent. the movie started off slow as the assassin on the run was getting acclimated to his new environment. but then the action improved as the story progressed to a great climax with great fighting and cinematography. however, kate bosworth has to be one of the worse actresses out there. nothing but a decent face and almost brought the movie down. the other characters were not interesting also. even geofery rush, who is a good actor, seemed like he mailed it in. however, this movie is not about winning academy awards. its about action and fighting and it delivers. recommended if you like the genre.

final destination 5- i am a fan of the series and have to admit that the last one wasnt good. the weakest one of the series. so what could they do from running this in the mud like other franchises have done? well, keep the formula and add more suspense, better kills and an interesting twist at the end. it worked. the reason you come to this movie is to see the creative ways people are disposed of. this does it as well as or even better than most of the other movies. the intro disaster was the best of the series imo, which is something because i loved the roller coaster disaster from the 3rd one. scary, suspenseful and disturbing with some sick humor. this is the best movie of the series and highly recommended if you like this series.

cshoops
Posts: 20049
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/3/2002
Member: #329
USA
8/18/2011  12:58 PM
I agree with your take on Warrior's way. I guess I liked it more when I saw it for the first time and I was alone. The final destination series is going south just like the Saw franchise. With all of the stuff going on with that series why not just call the movie something else and actually throw a killer in there somewhere? The Underworld series is shockingly good and I'm very happy that Kate Beckinsale is returning for the 4th installment. Vin Deisel returning as XXX and Riddick will be interesting as well.

Kate Bosworth was too dummied down for the role but I believe they exagerated her lack of education due to her situation. I believe it world have worked better if the role was played by a younger person but then the sexual tension between the main charecter would have been awkward.

NYKBocker
Posts: 35368
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
8/20/2011  11:00 PM
cshoops wrote:Anyone saw Cowboys and Aliens yet?

I just saw it. Very good popcorn movie. 13 is beautiful. Daniel Craig is an awesome hero. Harrison was a little corny but I think it is his age showing.

cshoops
Posts: 20049
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/3/2002
Member: #329
USA
8/21/2011  12:25 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
cshoops wrote:Anyone saw Cowboys and Aliens yet?

I just saw it. Very good popcorn movie. 13 is beautiful. Daniel Craig is an awesome hero. Harrison was a little corny but I think it is his age showing.

I loved Cowboys and Aliens. Daniel Craig is a throwback kind of action hero. He's hands on rough. I like old fashioned fist fights and he's the best at it. Harrison Ford did show age but that's what makes it a great movie because within his performance you still see flashes of Han Solo and Indian Jones. Harrison Ford can't do any wrong in my opinion and 13 is a 10 and her acting matches her beauty. Great movie!

jazz74
Posts: 22234
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 12/24/2002
Member: #371
8/22/2011  8:36 PM
this trailer looks better than the whole first movie. hope they dont screw it up like the last:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e26rjeghPSk

Childs2Dudley
Posts: 23906
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 1/25/2010
Member: #3051
USA
8/23/2011  1:26 AM
cshoops wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
cshoops wrote:Anyone saw Cowboys and Aliens yet?

I just saw it. Very good popcorn movie. 13 is beautiful. Daniel Craig is an awesome hero. Harrison was a little corny but I think it is his age showing.

I loved Cowboys and Aliens. Daniel Craig is a throwback kind of action hero. He's hands on rough. I like old fashioned fist fights and he's the best at it. Harrison Ford did show age but that's what makes it a great movie because within his performance you still see flashes of Han Solo and Indian Jones. Harrison Ford can't do any wrong in my opinion and 13 is a 10 and her acting matches her beauty. Great movie!

Really? The movie was pretty bad and boring.

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
cshoops
Posts: 20049
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/3/2002
Member: #329
USA
8/26/2011  1:38 AM
I saw Planet of the apes and it changed my life. Best movie of the summer by far. I saw Insidious on Blu Ray and it was pretty good.
martin
Posts: 46304
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
8/26/2011  11:18 AM
Childs2Dudley wrote:
cshoops wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
cshoops wrote:Anyone saw Cowboys and Aliens yet?

I just saw it. Very good popcorn movie. 13 is beautiful. Daniel Craig is an awesome hero. Harrison was a little corny but I think it is his age showing.

I loved Cowboys and Aliens. Daniel Craig is a throwback kind of action hero. He's hands on rough. I like old fashioned fist fights and he's the best at it. Harrison Ford did show age but that's what makes it a great movie because within his performance you still see flashes of Han Solo and Indian Jones. Harrison Ford can't do any wrong in my opinion and 13 is a 10 and her acting matches her beauty. Great movie!

Really? The movie was pretty bad and boring.

same

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Posts: 54072
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
8/26/2011  2:32 PM
Got BluRay of "13 assasigns".....Japanese Samuri movie set in 1850, bloody and insane. Typical genre and dialect but well done with good sound.

Loved Planet of the Apes movie for what it was.

Spending a lot of time watching all of the Mad Men streaming on NetFlix. Good stuff and better with no commercials. blow thru an episode in about 45min.

Netflix streaming gets better and better. Quality is very good and selection gets better all the time. No more HBO or showtime.

Installed 6 bass shakers on my couches a few months back and action movies really pop. I have two subs in the room balanced with an EQ but the shakers add small effect that appears to magnify very low frequency signals.

We rarely go to the movies anymore. Its nice to go out mind you, but it has to be a film we really want to see.

Anger sells, don't buy!
SupremeCommander
Posts: 31791
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

9/7/2011  4:37 AM
I am so stoked for the new Muppet movie that's going to come out Nov 23

I can't believe I just wrote that, but this one looks like it's going to be excellent

fishmike said: Yes. Sometimes I confuse the alerts with when your mom calls. BTW she said defensive guards are really important.
cshoops
Posts: 20049
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/3/2002
Member: #329
USA
9/9/2011  2:39 AM
Columbiana was crazy. Zoe Saldana can make money in action movies if she keeps getting scripts like that. I also saw a classic Daniel Craig film called Layer Cake that was pretty good. Definitely not a movie for the squeamish though.

Back to Columbiana. Do yourself and see that movie.

jazz74
Posts: 22234
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 12/24/2002
Member: #371
10/10/2011  3:04 PM
been awhile since i updated so i have a few movies so here we go:

paul- this movie is a different movie than i thought. it had its funny parts but not hysterical ones. however, it is fine. this is not only a comedy movie but a movie that has heart and brains. rogen's voice over for paul is dead on and the characters in the movie shine in their on way. it has surprisingly candid topics for a comedy movie in this age with constant shock and laugh out moments. i recommend this movie but if you expect hangover or pineapple express, you will be disappointed.

hobo with a shotgun- i was surprised thayt out of all of the grindhouse movies since the tarintino/rodriguez gem, this is the best one! it delivers in ALL fronts. senseless graphic violence? check. gratitious nudity? check. over the top villains? check. i also thought the performance was better than a movie like this should have, particularly rutger hauer. this sort of reminded me of a tromaville movie with a slightly better budget and cast but not as campy. highly recommended but the graphic violence is not for everyone.

the fighter- this was as good as advertise. it would be an average rising star boxing movie if it wasnt for christian bale. his performance is borderline genius. he was great from his dialogue delivery all the way down to his personal quirks because of his addiction. the only problem is that it was too GOOD of a performance and kind of shone the light on wahlberg's wooden acting. as a matter of fact, wahlberg was overshadowed by amy adams too. also the boxing choreographing was mediocre at best compared to other movies. even diggstown had better boxing sequences than this movie.

your highness- where the aforementioned paul was a comedy for the brains and heart, this one is for the teen and immaturity in all of us. this is raunchy comedy at its best but set in "camelot" times. its like a cross between american pie and excalibur. whoever made this movie was no doubt a fan of those sword and the scorcerer movies that dominated in the 80's. however, you have americans clearly using awful british accents and cursing up a storm. sounds juvenile but i found it hilarious. it also has some quotable lines. funny movie if you like this genre.

cshoops
Posts: 20049
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/3/2002
Member: #329
USA
10/11/2011  3:30 AM
I saw a foreign film called Shaolin. Without the big budget it's the best martial arts movie I ever saw. Great storyline and masterful acting. I don't know if I ever talked about Isideous but that movie is scary as hell. I also just watched a movie called Blitz on netflix and it's pretty much a time killer and not that bad if you have nothng better to do.
cshoops
Posts: 20049
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/3/2002
Member: #329
USA
10/11/2011  3:32 AM
jazz74 wrote:been awhile since i updated so i have a few movies so here we go:

paul- this movie is a different movie than i thought. it had its funny parts but not hysterical ones. however, it is fine. this is not only a comedy movie but a movie that has heart and brains. rogen's voice over for paul is dead on and the characters in the movie shine in their on way. it has surprisingly candid topics for a comedy movie in this age with constant shock and laugh out moments. i recommend this movie but if you expect hangover or pineapple express, you will be disappointed.

hobo with a shotgun- i was surprised thayt out of all of the grindhouse movies since the tarintino/rodriguez gem, this is the best one! it delivers in ALL fronts. senseless graphic violence? check. gratitious nudity? check. over the top villains? check. i also thought the performance was better than a movie like this should have, particularly rutger hauer. this sort of reminded me of a tromaville movie with a slightly better budget and cast but not as campy. highly recommended but the graphic violence is not for everyone.

the fighter- this was as good as advertise. it would be an average rising star boxing movie if it wasnt for christian bale. his performance is borderline genius. he was great from his dialogue delivery all the way down to his personal quirks because of his addiction. the only problem is that it was too GOOD of a performance and kind of shone the light on wahlberg's wooden acting. as a matter of fact, wahlberg was overshadowed by amy adams too. also the boxing choreographing was mediocre at best compared to other movies. even diggstown had better boxing sequences than this movie.

your highness- where the aforementioned paul was a comedy for the brains and heart, this one is for the teen and immaturity in all of us. this is raunchy comedy at its best but set in "camelot" times. its like a cross between american pie and excalibur. whoever made this movie was no doubt a fan of those sword and the scorcerer movies that dominated in the 80's. however, you have americans clearly using awful british accents and cursing up a storm. sounds juvenile but i found it hilarious. it also has some quotable lines. funny movie if you like this genre.

I may finally watch the fighter today. I love Christian Bale movies. He comes off as such a dick but he's entertaining.

NYKBocker
Posts: 35368
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
12/15/2011  10:02 AM
GI Joe 2....This looks interesting. They have The Rock and Bruce Willis.
OasisBU
Posts: 24130
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 6/18/2002
Member: #257
USA
12/16/2011  1:12 PM
jazz74 wrote:
your highness- where the aforementioned paul was a comedy for the brains and heart, this one is for the teen and immaturity in all of us. this is raunchy comedy at its best but set in "camelot" times. its like a cross between american pie and excalibur. whoever made this movie was no doubt a fan of those sword and the scorcerer movies that dominated in the 80's. however, you have americans clearly using awful british accents and cursing up a storm. sounds juvenile but i found it hilarious. it also has some quotable lines. funny movie if you like this genre.

Saw this in September on video - loved it, probably one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. Danny McBride is hilarious.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
cshoops
Posts: 20049
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/3/2002
Member: #329
USA
12/24/2011  5:51 AM
Mission Impossible 4 is unbelievable!
NYKBocker
Posts: 35368
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
1/2/2012  8:01 PM
cshoops wrote:Mission Impossible 4 is unbelievable!


Just saw it with my kids. Great popcorn movie. Really enjoyed it. Paula Patton is gorgeous.

jazz74
Posts: 22234
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 12/24/2002
Member: #371
1/16/2012  10:37 AM
two great movies i saw:

rise of the planet of the apes- i am old enough to remember the ape hysteria in the 70's and i even bought the marvel comis back in the day. i remember some of the myths and this movie ties into this intelligently. this is a great movie that cleverly combine the future of what we see later in the series with the astronaut who returns and to set the table of how the apes will conquer. first and foremost, the sfx should win an award. the apes were done so convincingly and cesear was the most compelling charaacter in the story as a character who goes through many trials and tribulations to find a place in this world that at first he is an alien in, not part of the ape or human world. the twists and turns in this movie was astonishing. just when you thought it would go to that horror path, it veers to another that makes you say, "Wow". hard to believe that this is such a character driven movie done well ( well, cesears human and ape family anyway. there are a lot of stereotypes like the a-hole monkey handler and the ruthless tycoon) and the action was jaw dropping. the climax had me at the edge of my seat and what a set up for the sequel. again, wait until the credits roll a little bit to see the fate of the neighbor. excellent movie, one of the best of 2011. cant wait for the sequel.

mission impossible 4- i can only think of a handful of movies that got better with each sequel. you can argue maybe the lord of the ring series or the last trilogy of star war movies. however, mission series have done it in 4! the 3rd one was amazing and unfortunately never got its due in a world where jason bourne or jack baher are kings. that is why i am happy that this one didnt veer off to that path like what bond did and still stuck to the core of gadgets and twists and turns. the cast is great and very charasmatic but the star of this movie is the action and location. the chase in the sandstorm as well as the climb of the tower was incredible. the gadgets, in a time where many of these gadgets we saw when i was young we have them in our households, was more inventive and amazing. great movie and i hope more will come, which it should since it made much money.

Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.