[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Latest movies saw
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/5/2011  1:10 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:I know a lot of people weren't impressed with the 2nd one (I liked it) but I am about to see Transformers 3. I'll let you f&%kers know how it is.

I liked Transformers 3. Saw it in the drivein with my 2 younger kids. They loved it. The action was pretty good. I did not like the Fox replacement.

We also saw Super 8. I was a little dissapointed or maybe it is because there was a fog and we had problems seeing the movie

AUTOADVERT
cshoops
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #329
USA
7/6/2011  3:02 AM
I saw just about everything this year so far. Thor is still best movie of the year in my opinion. Transformers was epic but Megan Fox was missed not because of her great looks or acting ability but the new girl gave me no emotional attachment throughout the film until the very end. The plot was simpler than the first two even though it was on a larger scale but it was still a really good movie.

My sleeper movie is the one I saw today on Blu Ray.

"The Warrior's Way" Is actually a classic to behold. I brought the movie hoping for something different and I got it. It's East meets West at it's best. It's The way of the Sword Vs. the Way of the Gun. If anyone hasn't seen it yet and was waiting for a opinion I fully endorse seeing this movie. Watch it with an open mind and just enjoy the ride.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/6/2011  9:04 AM
I was kind of up and down on Transformers. A lot of the action was fantastic, like really really fantastic. The plot was great too. The acting was pretty good as well, somewhat. However, they mishandled a lot of the characters and much of the chaos seemed pretty sloppy and overdone and long.

The first one was still the best. It was much more simple yet very fun and exciting and enjoyable.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/6/2011  7:08 PM
Red Riding Hood - watched this with my woman over the weekend, not as bad as I thought but you can skip it. There is some interesting plot elements but its a chick flick for sure. I couldn't figure out who the wolf was which I give them credit for, usually movies are fairly predictable.

The Dilemma - I laughed at this one, again, its not a great movie but entertaining.

I have yet to see a movie this year that I can fully endorse as awesome or a must see.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
7/7/2011  1:01 PM
transformers 3: dark side of the moon- well, i can say that this wasnt as bad as the second one and it is just as good as the first. could have been better tho. the robot carnage was pure awesome and it was something that we waited for in this series: a huge battle royale. the sfx were hot and the characters werent annoying like in the others. my main problem is that it is too long, like many bay films and the action can be confusing. i also dont understand why bay feels the need to make up new characters instead of using the plethora of characters from the series like that robot que. also the robots are still indistinguishable which is a pain during battles. but this is the movie that transformers fans have been waiting for which answers the question what would happen to a human who is shot by a gun from a transformer. recommended, especially if your a fan.

hangover 2- the first movie was a classic as that i was not only funny but very cleverly written and scripted. it was a raunchy comedy that had an original plot, which is rare for a comedy. so how do they follow up a classic? by using the same formula but change it to thailand. does it work? for the most part, it does. it is still hilarious and the three of them are the modern day three stooges, all playing off each other as well as expected. plus the comedy is darker and more twisted which i liked. however, it is more forgettable than the last movie. cant hold a candle to it and there has been better comedies than this in the past year. i recommend it but dont have the highest expectations.

cshoops
USA
7/9/2011  1:11 AM
Just saw Sucker Punch. I really liked it. Even though they used alot of green screen and CGI them girls kicked some butt! I didn't expect them to really do as much as they did. It was a very physically demanding movie.
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
7/22/2011  3:39 AM
Just getting back from the midnight showing of Captain America.

Awesome movie. Obviously a superhero movie first and foremost, but blended in very well some more war movie moments. Cast from A-Z was terrific. Too tired to write out a full review, but you won't be disappointed with the movie.

And as always with Marvel, PLEASE stay until the end, post-credits. You will be so glad you waited.

cshoops
USA
7/24/2011  1:49 AM
Captain America was the best of all the Marvel movies in my opinion. Chris Evans nailed the role and the climax leading up to the treat after the credits is pure EPIC!

Harry Potter was damm good too btw.

NYKBocker
USA
7/25/2011  9:52 AM
cshoops wrote:Just saw Sucker Punch. I really liked it. Even though they used alot of green screen and CGI them girls kicked some butt! I didn't expect them to really do as much as they did. It was a very physically demanding movie.

Just saw this last night. Pretty good action flick. Scott Glenn was awesome.

skeng
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #2959
Denmark
7/25/2011  3:07 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
cshoops wrote:Just saw Sucker Punch. I really liked it. Even though they used alot of green screen and CGI them girls kicked some butt! I didn't expect them to really do as much as they did. It was a very physically demanding movie.

I've never seen a movie with a worse soundtrack than the one in Sucker Punch. It made me laugh at least 3 times. It doesn't help having watched the "D-Yikes!" episode from South Park either. If any of you have seen that episode, you'll know what I mean.

On a very opposite note, I saw a movie last night called A Tale of Two Sisters. It's on netflix too. I seriously recommend this movie to anyone with a brain and an interest for quality movies with quality scenes, beautiful use of color and a very nice twist. It's one of those movies you like even more 5 minutes after the movie's ended and you think about every little clue the director put in the movie. It's foreign though, Korean, so you might get turned off if you can't handle subtitles.

Legalize di NBA
cshoops
USA
7/26/2011  12:26 AM
skeng wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I've never seen a movie with a worse soundtrack than the one in Sucker Punch. It made me laugh at least 3 times. It doesn't help having watched the "D-Yikes!" episode from South Park either. If any of you have seen that episode, you'll know what I mean.

On a very opposite note, I saw a movie last night called A Tale of Two Sisters. It's on netflix too. I seriously recommend this movie to anyone with a brain and an interest for quality movies with quality scenes, beautiful use of color and a very nice twist. It's one of those movies you like even more 5 minutes after the movie's ended and you think about every little clue the director put in the movie. It's foreign though, Korean, so you might get turned off if you can't handle subtitles.

The musical numbers were a metaphor. It's not supposed to be good. The facility the girls are housed in isn't good. I kinda think that you are insulted that it's kind of an Asian rip off kind of Anime style movie. It's a mental institution not Les Miserable.

NYKBocker
USA
7/26/2011  11:31 AM
cshoops wrote:
skeng wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

The musical numbers were a metaphor. It's not supposed to be good. The facility the girls are housed in isn't good. I kinda think that you are insulted that it's kind of an Asian rip off kind of Anime style movie. It's a mental institution not Les Miserable.

I actually liked the soundtrack. Their rendition of the Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" was great and I thought was perfect for the opening scene. Everything else was perfect for the fight scenes.

jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
7/26/2011  12:44 PM
harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2- first, i am not a huge hp fan but i enjoyed the movie series. i love seeing harry and his friends grow as the danger increase in their lives. now he is an adult so the dynamics have changed also. i didnt like the first part last year because i thought it was slow and boring at times with harry in the woods arguing. i realized it was a set up so i let it slide. good thing i did because this was a great way to end it. this was the best potter movie of all of them as it has enough action to last for a new series. it is also great to see harry become the powerful wizard he was predicted to be. growing from a person who relied on others for protection to someone who others look for inspiration. the characters come full circle and you feel kind of sad that this is the last time you will see a new adventure with them. its strange how attach you become to some of the characters, especially those who died. it is suspenseful from beginning to end with some great surprises especially with the people who you hated throughout the series like snape and draco. highly recommended.

captain america:first avenger- this is the summer movie i waited for and it did not disappoint. good movie and the thing that was the star for me was the time period and how accurately they portrayed the time. steve rogers is a product of the time and it shows with his nobility and sense of duty. he says he wants to stop bullies and he is sincere with that. he gains power but does not lose who he is. very good performance. the person who steal the show was tommy lee jones. his best performance since no country for old men. i also love the howling commandoes though it was limited. this movie is a throwback to the 80's action movies of the spielberg/ lucas days. i still think x-men was the best comic book movie this summer but this is still good, on the same level as thor. i never felt this gung ho after a movie like i did watching this and after the credits, the trailer was awesome. come on avengers! highly recommended.

cshoops
USA
7/27/2011  1:43 AM
jazz74 wrote:harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2- first, i am not a huge hp fan but i enjoyed the movie series. i love seeing harry and his friends grow as the danger increase in their lives. now he is an adult so the dynamics have changed also. i didnt like the first part last year because i thought it was slow and boring at times with harry in the woods arguing. i realized it was a set up so i let it slide. good thing i did because this was a great way to end it. this was the best potter movie of all of them as it has enough action to last for a new series. it is also great to see harry become the powerful wizard he was predicted to be. growing from a person who relied on others for protection to someone who others look for inspiration. the characters come full circle and you feel kind of sad that this is the last time you will see a new adventure with them. its strange how attach you become to some of the characters, especially those who died. it is suspenseful from beginning to end with some great surprises especially with the people who you hated throughout the series like snape and draco. highly recommended.

captain america:first avenger- this is the summer movie i waited for and it did not disappoint. good movie and the thing that was the star for me was the time period and how accurately they portrayed the time. steve rogers is a product of the time and it shows with his nobility and sense of duty. he says he wants to stop bullies and he is sincere with that. he gains power but does not lose who he is. very good performance. the person who steal the show was tommy lee jones. his best performance since no country for old men. i also love the howling commandoes though it was limited. this movie is a throwback to the 80's action movies of the spielberg/ lucas days. i still think x-men was the best comic book movie this summer but this is still good, on the same level as thor. i never felt this gung ho after a movie like i did watching this and after the credits, the trailer was awesome. come on avengers! highly recommended.

Ditto on everything.

I do think Captain America is the best Marvel movie period. The attention to detail for the era is hands down the best work I've seen in years. Only movie that rivals in my opinion is Public Enemies with Johnny Depp. Captain America is a legend to comic book fans and overall War Veterans. It's a reminder of what true patriotism means. Chris Evans can now hang his hat on his masterpiece. I grew up a big fan of Captain America and it definitely brought me back to why he's my favorite comic book charecter. I'm going to see it again in the morning even though I have a high quality bootleg. Nothing like seeing Cap' one more time in 3-D.

NYKBocker
USA
7/27/2011  11:23 AM
jazz74 wrote:x-men:first class- i had my reservations about this movie, especially since they messed up x3 and wolverine. i heard the good word of mouth and saw it for myself. VERY GOOD! almost nostalgic in film making as the tine and storyline seemed straight from an old james bond movie like dr. no or goldfinger. the characters were on point but it is magneto who powers this film. magneto is one of the best villains of all time and x-men 1 and 2 showed that. he was misused in x3 but he was front and center here. very sympathetic and deliberate in his performance. xavier was great too as he is almost juvenile and playful which is a long cry from his stoic and uptight future counterpart. bacon as shaw was great as he brought his character above the mustache twirling but still had a unique balance of an old school meets new school villain. i hope they have more sequels like this as this highly recommended.

Just saw X-Men first class. Wow. Great movie. Everything you mentioned is on point. I couldn't take my eyes off of Raven/Mystique.

The interaction with Magneto and Prof X made the movie. Seeing Magneto in his revenge quest was outstanding. The scene in the Argentinian bar was cinematic gold.

skeng
Denmark
7/28/2011  6:09 PM
cshoops wrote:
skeng wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Asian rip off? Your words, not mine. I don't have a profound passion for anime. And I'm not insulted in any way.

Everything just got over the top for me. Metaphors are good and all, but this metaphor didn't do it for me whatsoever. The movie just made me feel stupid somehow. And I liked 300, btw.

What I'm trying to say is that the movie kinda made me feel like a 13 year old boy. Including the musical score.

It has two good things that I generally like; hot chicks (I like them all the time) and high quality special effects. But that was it for me.

Legalize di NBA
OasisBU
Member: #257
USA
7/29/2011  8:13 AM
If anyone see's Cowboys vs. Aliens this weekend let me know how it is - I really want to see it.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/29/2011  2:20 PM
OasisBU wrote:If anyone see's Cowboys vs. Aliens this weekend let me know how it is - I really want to see it.

Touché.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
cshoops
USA
7/30/2011  12:38 AM
skeng wrote:
cshoops wrote:
skeng wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Asian rip off? Your words, not mine. I don't have a profound passion for anime. And I'm not insulted in any way.

Everything just got over the top for me. Metaphors are good and all, but this metaphor didn't do it for me whatsoever. The movie just made me feel stupid somehow. And I liked 300, btw.

What I'm trying to say is that the movie kinda made me feel like a 13 year old boy. Including the musical score.

It has two good things that I generally like; hot chicks (I like them all the time) and high quality special effects. But that was it for me.

It is not a movie for mainstream thinkers. You gotta pay attention to detail but not so close that you take it too serious. With that I just saw the Smurfs which made no sense at all but I loved it. lol

skeng
Denmark
7/30/2011  3:13 AM
cshoops wrote:
skeng wrote:
cshoops wrote:
skeng wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

It is not a movie for mainstream thinkers. You gotta pay attention to detail but not so close that you take it too serious. With that I just saw the Smurfs which made no sense at all but I loved it. lol

I don't know what you actually mean by mainstream thinkers. And I do pay attention to detail, yes. With that I gotta be high to watch The Smurfs. Could be big fun

Legalize di NBA
Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy