[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Latest movies saw
Author Thread
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/15/2011  10:37 PM
orangeblobman wrote:Saw "Cyrus" last night. It's with John Riley and Tomei and that fat Noah kid.

It was pretty good. The ending was sort of rushed, abrupt, but the acting was out of this world. Really sucked you in, like vacuum.

I have been wondering I that movie is worth it - I will check it out.

I also want to see Uknown with Liam Nieson - dude makes good thriller revenge flicks.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
2/16/2011  12:23 AM
OasisBU wrote:I also want to see Uknown with Liam Nieson - dude makes good thriller revenge flicks.

Really looking forward to this. Looks basically like the Bourne movies, but I loved watching Liam Neeson kick ass in Taken.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/16/2011  12:52 AM
Machette, Michelle Rod looked great. Alba too! Movie is a hoot!

Tetro by Francis Ford Coppola. Dude makes a quality flick. Interesting movie and well done. Not going to be everyones cup of tea.

I iiked. I give it 3.5 stars. Granted Nalod don't hand out 5 stars often.

OasisBU
USA
2/16/2011  10:36 AM
Nalod wrote:Machette, Michelle Rod looked great. Alba too! Movie is a hoot!

Tetro by Francis Ford Coppola. Dude makes a quality flick. Interesting movie and well done. Not going to be everyones cup of tea.

I think I remember seeing a preview for Tetro and it looked interesting - what was that one about again?

Nalod
USA
2/16/2011  11:32 AM
OasisBU wrote:

I think I remember seeing a preview for Tetro and it looked interesting - what was that one about again?

Go to the "Tetro" website. Still exists. Very good story. Coppala makes a good flick!

orangeblobman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2539
Nauru
2/16/2011  4:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2011  4:15 PM
OasisBU wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:Saw "Cyrus" last night. It's with John Riley and Tomei and that fat Noah kid.

It was pretty good. The ending was sort of rushed, abrupt, but the acting was out of this world. Really sucked you in, like vacuum.

I also want to see Uknown with Liam Nieson - dude makes good thriller revenge flicks.

It's worth it. It was very funny at times, but not in that laugh-track type of way. Really low key film but it packs one hell of a punch.

I don't know about Unknown, is that the one where his daughter is kidnapped? If that's the one, it's predictable and boring. Garbage.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/16/2011  4:41 PM
orangeblobman wrote:
OasisBU wrote:

It's worth it. It was very funny at times, but not in that laugh-track type of way. Really low key film but it packs one hell of a punch.

I don't know about Unknown, is that the one where his daughter is kidnapped? If that's the one, it's predictable and boring. Garbage.

no. saw the previews the other night. liam gets in a wreck in a cab, spends 4 days in a coma, then finds out that he doesn’t exist - someone else has his name, his wife, etc. so he kicks everyone’s ass in sight. looks like a must-see.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/16/2011  5:29 PM
Nalod wrote:
OasisBU wrote:

Go to the "Tetro" website. Still exists. Very good story. Coppala makes a good flick!

His best movie in years. George Lucas said he was going to go back to making smaller films like Coppolla but instead is trying to find ways to squeeze every last dime out of Star Wars as he can.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/18/2011  3:50 PM
2nd Official Traile for Thor
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/21/2011  7:19 PM
just saw "The King's Speech"

i will be pissed if it doesn't win best picture. Loved "True Grit"... but "Speech" was an unbelievable script, acting... just everything. Definitely see it

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/21/2011  9:07 PM
NYKBocker wrote:2nd Official Traile for Thor

this trailer looks much better than the first one and the super bowl trailer. i like the first glimpse of thor's arrogant personality. this might be good.

jusnice
Member: #2931
USA
2/22/2011  3:51 PM
Just saw Social Network - wow! What a movie. Not sure how much of it was fictionalized, but thought the acting was top notch. Even Timberlake showed some ability.
jusnice
USA
2/22/2011  3:53 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:just saw "The King's Speech"

i will be pissed if it doesn't win best picture. Loved "True Grit"... but "Speech" was an unbelievable script, acting... just everything. Definitely see it

Really? It was a nice period piece that was well cast, but I didn't really get into the story. My Oscar favorites are now the Fighter and Social Network. Still need to see True Grit to round it all out.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/22/2011  4:10 PM
jusnice wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:just saw "The King's Speech"

Really? It was a nice period piece that was well cast, but I didn't really get into the story. My Oscar favorites are now the Fighter and Social Network. Still need to see True Grit to round it all out.

Saw "The Fighter" too--loved that one.

I got toally into it. [SPOILER ALERT]the whole idea of a stammering King delivering a speech after England enters WWII totally gripped me. He has no legislative powers. Just supposed to be the voice of the people.[/SPOILER ALERT] Sucha simple plot that was pumped full of drama

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
OasisBU
USA
2/22/2011  5:56 PM
Nalod wrote:
OasisBU wrote:

Saw Tetro over the weekend on Netflix - solid movie. I like the whole feel of the film production and the fact that it is like a foreign film. The plot was a little obvious and it was slow sometimes but I enjoyed it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/23/2011  12:41 AM
Saw Unknown today. If you like Taken, you will like this movie.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
2/23/2011  8:18 AM
OasisBU wrote:
Nalod wrote:
OasisBU wrote:

Saw Tetro over the weekend on Netflix - solid movie. I like the whole feel of the film production and the fact that it is like a foreign film. The plot was a little obvious and it was slow sometimes but I enjoyed it.

Good analogy. There was some real symbolism and abstract in particular the "movie critic". It held me. The Kid was certainly a Leonardi DiCaprio look alike but did a great job Was his first movie and he is studying at NYU now. Nice bit to be on a resume'! Vincent Gallo is an interesting actor with a varied background.

Nalod
USA
2/23/2011  8:27 AM
Just got my first Blue Ray player recently, an OPPO 93 and Use the analog audio outputs. Sound is amazing! Always been happy with quality DVD but the look of the higher resolution is amazing.

My reference disc has always been a dvd copy of the submarine movie U-571 which has some amazing depth charge scenes. Got a used Blue Ray and the sound is certainly upgraded but the resolution is almost too high. You can now see more detail of the sub and the movie prop lie set design. Now I have seen parts of this movie often and am looking for things but there is almost too much detail.

I also bought a used copy of Avatar which is cool but what is really blowing me away is the concert footage from both "return to forever" and "porcupine tree". The sound and picture of these concerts are crazy.

I own very few discs but do enjoy Netflix service for years now. Streaming is certainly the future but the there will be bandwith limits still for few years to match the bluRay quality.

jusnice
USA
2/23/2011  8:53 AM
You should check out The Dark Knight on Blue Ray. The sound mixing is amazing and the high def is unreal.
OasisBU
USA
2/23/2011  5:52 PM
Nalod wrote:
OasisBU wrote:
Nalod wrote:
OasisBU wrote:

Good analogy. There was some real symbolism and abstract in particular the "movie critic". It held me. The Kid was certainly a Leonardi DiCaprio look alike but did a great job Was his first movie and he is studying at NYU now. Nice bit to be on a resume'! Vincent Gallo is an interesting actor with a varied background.

I thought Gallo was excellent, haven't seen a movie with him before - always knew who he was but I think he has a lot of talent. Not so much Hollywood movie star talent but kind of like you put it: interesting actor who can do a lot of different stuff - I like those kinds of actors.

Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy