[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Latest movies saw
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/18/2010  9:53 AM
Just saw 2 movies. Machete and The Last Exorcism.

Machete - Really over the top and a lot of tongue-in-cheek scenes. DeNiro is awesome as a wacky politician. I love how Steven Seagal is the mexican bad guy and when he speaks spanish he basically only says curse words. Hilarious. You gotta see this for the women also. Alba, Michelle Rodriguez and Lohan are all gorgeous. This is a must see if you like Tarantino type movies.

The Last Exorcism - This is Blair Witch type movie. I got scurred once and cringe on another. It is a good watch but I would suggest that you wait for the DVD to rent.

AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/18/2010  5:23 PM
no thanks to watching the Last Exorcism... those kinds of movies scurr me... i'm a scurred.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
9/18/2010  9:36 PM
Just saw Devil - I admit I am a big M. Night Fan and for the most part have enjoyed all of his movies. I dont expect a 6th sense twist every time, what I do expect is a unique story with an interesting script that is thought provoking. He has delivered that every single movie and Devil is no exception.

He only wrote and produced this one, he didn't direct, but it is a very unique and thought provoking film that provides great social commentary given the times we live in.

I don't think most of the audience got it, but there is some pretty deep meaning to this film. Most people who went searching to be scared or horrified missed the point. This is not a horror movie or a scary movie by design. The scary part about it is that M. Night is reminding us all that the devil does exist.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
NYKBocker
USA
9/27/2010  5:03 PM
Just finsihed watching "The Town". What a great movie. I don't care much for Ben Affleck but this movie is very well done. A little predictable in some scenes but what isn't nowadays.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

9/28/2010  1:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2010  1:04 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Just finsihed watching "The Town". What a great movie. I don't care much for Ben Affleck but this movie is very well done. A little predictable in some scenes but what isn't nowadays.

Saw The Town Sat. night and it delivered the goods..Excellent movie -- if you liked Heat, then you'll love this flick. A lot of the same elements.

Just got done watching Frozen and I thought that it was a pretty good little flick. I knew the story going in and wasn't sure how believeable it was going to be (come on, 3 kids get left on a ski lift chair while the resort completely closes down for a week -- how the frig could that possibly happen, right??) but to my surprise, it actually was fairly believeable...For the most part anyway. I actually gave a **** about the characters too and wanted them to make it. I wasn't sure going in if there was enough material here for a full length hour and a half movie but again, to my surprise there was. If you're looking for a decent little thriller to rent, get this. I liked it. I've defintely seen a lot worse.

jazz74
Member: #371
10/3/2010  8:47 PM
prince of persia- a sfx extravaganza but not much else. jake g. gave a passable performance and the leading lady was HOT but predictable. pirates of the carribean this is not. dragged at many parts tho some action sequences were done well. recommended only if there is nothing else on.

macgruber- very funny movie. snl skits made into movies had been more misses than hits. is macguber as good as blues brothers or waynes world/ no, but it is good enough. forte is hilarious but hard to picture him as a leading man outside of this movie. he was a bit character in snl but then again so was sandler and murray and look at their post snl careers. recommended but not for the people who are easily offended.

frozen- as said before, it is a good movie, better than expected. however, what they forgot to tell you is that it is much more brutal than i thought. it has the same concept as "open water' released awhile ago but on a ski lift. the decisions these people make from small ones like throwing a glove at a snowcat become problems later which is a very good concept. highly recommended but not for the easily disturbed.

repo men- a new concept movie that is decent but the pacing was off from the middle of the movie to the end. the very end MAY have something to do with the weirdness in the middle but it still feels like a flaw. decent performances but whitaker goes over and beyond the rest, which he usually does. decent but not a must see.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
10/13/2010  1:23 AM
I saw "Ink" few days ago. Excellent movie, and i normally don't watch movies(cancelled my cable like 3 years ago)
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Clyde59
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3274
USA
10/13/2010  3:23 AM
"The Social Network" is GREAT. One of the best films of the year. A cinematic Dream Team to rival the Heat: Sorkin writing, Fincher directing, music by Trent Reznor. The cast is first-rate, including Rooney Mara, who will be a lot better known after she plays one of the most sought-after roles in Hollywood, Lisbeth Salander in the American remake of "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" (directed by Fincher).
TMS
USA
10/13/2010  3:42 AM
Clyde59 wrote:"The Social Network" is GREAT. One of the best films of the year. A cinematic Dream Team to rival the Heat: Sorkin writing, Fincher directing, music by Trent Reznor. The cast is first-rate, including Rooney Mara, who will be a lot better known after she plays one of the most sought-after roles in Hollywood, Lisbeth Salander in the American remake of "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" (directed by Fincher).

it was a good movie, not great imho... i was impressed by Justin Timberlake's acting though, he was better than i thought he'd be... some pretty funny parts w/real dry, sarcastic humor that kept me from falling asleep at certain points, but i don't get all the hype surrounding this movie to be honest.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/13/2010  5:02 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Just saw "The Expendables". Fun and entertaining movie. Brought me back to the 80's.

that was the best popcorn flick I've seen in a long, long time

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/19/2010  4:22 PM
TMS wrote:
Clyde59 wrote:"The Social Network" is GREAT. One of the best films of the year. A cinematic Dream Team to rival the Heat: Sorkin writing, Fincher directing, music by Trent Reznor. The cast is first-rate, including Rooney Mara, who will be a lot better known after she plays one of the most sought-after roles in Hollywood, Lisbeth Salander in the American remake of "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" (directed by Fincher).

it was a good movie, not great imho... i was impressed by Justin Timberlake's acting though, he was better than i thought he'd be... some pretty funny parts w/real dry, sarcastic humor that kept me from falling asleep at certain points, but i don't get all the hype surrounding this movie to be honest.

I was actually very impressed by that movie and even Justin Timberlake, even though I'm not a fan of his at all.

I saw Jackass 3. I thought it was real good but definitely not great. Some funny parts, but they weren't wild as hell, like in the first two. I'm thinking it's because Steve-o and maybe some others have sobered up.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
11/4/2010  5:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2010  6:03 PM
INCEPTION -

Yeah, it took me awhile to see this. Great movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I will have to pay attention to the other UK movie reviewers.

An action-packed thriller - Sci-Fi pschological adventure. It will win numerous Academy Awards.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
NYKBocker
USA
11/8/2010  9:32 AM
Saw Secretariat a couple of weeks ago. My 9 year old daughter really wanted to see it so I took the 2 youngest and the wifey. What a surprise!! This is a great movie. Great story telling even though I knew already what was going to happen. Diane Lane was great and the supporting cast from John Malcovich to the stable hand to the jockey was very believable. Disney made another movie that all ages can enjoy.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/8/2010  3:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2010  3:46 PM
Tell me this little Finnish flick doesn't look wild -- Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale. Taken from imdb.com: "On Christmas Eve in Finland, Santa Claus is unearthed in an archaeological dig. Soon after, children start disappearing, leading a boy and his father to capture Santa and, with the help of fellow hunters, they look to sell him back to the corporation that sponsored the dig. And then there's Santa's elves, who are determined to free their leader..."

LMAO. I gotta see this. Dark comedy/fantasy/fairy tale that's supposedly got a Gremlins-type vibe to it. Man you gotta respect originality esp. since everything now-a-days seems to be remake this & remake that ..In fact, this being a foreign film (half of which looks like it's in English -- the archaeological team digging up Santa's tomb happens to be American), it wouldn't surprise me to hear that some American studio purchases the rights and remakes this eventually, even though it's obviously not based on our version of what Santa Claus is all about..May not get a wide release but I think I saw that it'll be playing at some IFC movie theater in Manhattan sometime in December before Christmas...Hysterical -- I'll be taking a little trip into the city to check this out when the time comes. Some high-looking production values and I'm sorry, that Santa just looks damn creepy!! LOL!!

jimimou
Alba Posts: 36
Lame Alba Posts: 1
Member: #681
USA
11/8/2010  3:49 PM
^^^ 7.8 out of 10 on IMDB is a real good rating. should be a great flick.
NYKBocker
USA
11/8/2010  4:05 PM
That looks awesome!! Thanks for the headsup.
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/8/2010  8:45 PM
Really? Looks like a big foreign turd of a movie to me. Maybe its because i don't believe in Santa
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
TMS
USA
11/25/2010  8:54 PM
enjoyed the extended bluray version of 'Avatar' with the additional scenes that were cut from the theater release... definitely worth checking out if you liked the original
jazz74
Member: #371
12/4/2010  7:14 PM
testosterone entries today:

faster- first i would like to say that i am a rock fan and i was stoked to see him back to the action genre. he didnt disappoint as he plays an ex con who is out for vengeance. man, does he find it as he just goes around effortlessly with his pistol taking out suckers. he doesnt talk much and has that " clint eastwood western' demeanor as he is a killing machine. love the aspect but very unrealistic in this day and age. billy bob thorton gives a great performance like always but gugino was wasted. recommended for those who like revenge movies.

expendables- a little disappointed with the amount of talent involved. the willis/arnold cameo was great, particularly willis but they had more charisma than the main stars. the action was fine, though too hyper and kinetic in some parts that made it difficult to follow. i also like rourke in his role.

jonah hex- is it wild wild west bad? no, not quite but i can definitely see the comparisons. this movie is not bad, but not good either. brolin gives a good performance and micheal f., the second in command villain, was great also. everyone else mailed it in, which i was surprised with malkovich doing so.

karate kid- the premise is the same but everything else is different. i was surprised how effective this movie was. great performances all around with many good scenes. do you suspend belief/ sure, especially with smith learning kung fu that take years to master and he does it in a matter of weeks. but it is a heart warmer "rocky" type of movie that does its job. recommended.

orangeblobman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2539
Nauru
12/4/2010  10:19 PM
I saw Grown Ups last night and it was the worst movie I have ever seen. It was so bad I couldn't believe me eyes. Do not see it.
WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy