Latest movies saw
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/4/2009  8:04 PM
Posted by 4949:

And I thought the hybrid in the second movie was supposed to be king over the vamps and the lycs, or something like that in the future film(s). Oh well, let me know how it goes. Thanks.

yeah, the hybrid is, but this new movie is gonna focus on the origins of the Lycans & how the war began in the first place... it's a retrospective just like the Phantom Menace trilogy was in Star Wars... if it's good maybe they'll make another sequel & bring Selene back to tell how she became a vampire... i'd like to see Kate Beckinsale getting bit in the neck.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1126
USA
1/4/2009  8:15 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by 4949:

And I thought the hybrid in the second movie was supposed to be king over the vamps and the lycs, or something like that in the future film(s). Oh well, let me know how it goes. Thanks.

yeah, the hybrid is, but this new movie is gonna focus on the origins of the Lycans & how the war began in the first place... it's a retrospective just like the Phantom Menace trilogy was in Star Wars... if it's good maybe they'll make another sequel & bring Selene back to tell how she became a vampire... i'd like to see Kate Beckinsale getting bit in the neck.

Victor is the one who changed her, before she found out that he murdered her family first and just before she chopped half his head off. That's the way I remember it. But yeah, if this is only a back in time episode, then maybe it's worth watching. I'm gonna go see if I can get more info.

I wanna see Kate naked.
I'll never trust this' team again.
TMS
USA
1/4/2009  8:18 PM
yeah i know Victor changed her, but maybe they'll focus on the storyline where her father made the holding cell for William, the OG Lycan? probably not tho, Kate Beckinsale's probably done w/these movies... at least we got to see her naked in the 2nd one.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
USA
1/4/2009  8:28 PM
Posted by TMS:

yeah i know Victor changed her, but maybe they'll focus on the storyline where her father made the holding cell for William, the OG Lycan? probably not tho, Kate Beckinsale's probably done w/these movies... at least we got to see her naked in the 2nd one.

yeah, but some nasty looking, hairy dude was on top of her. Oh well. Enjoy!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/4/2009  9:56 PM
Not enough of you have seen Slumdog Millionaire
USA
1/7/2009  12:19 AM
Posted by VDesai:

Never heard of it. What's it about and what did you like most about it?

Just watched 'The Man Who Fell To Earth' (1976). A strange flick, starring David Bowie. The windows into the next scenes were a little bizaar. Old time nudity in this one. Reminded me of some of those old exploitation films. Not recommended for kids.
TMS
USA
1/9/2009  8:20 AM
Just saw "Taken" w/Liam Neeson. I really enjoyed it. Liam is pretty damn gangsta in this movie, if you like movies like "Bourne Identity" & "Man On Fire" you will likely enjoy this one. The storyline's pretty basic & I thought they could've done a much better job developing the villains in this one to lend more cohesion and purpose to the storyline, but the action & fighting scenes are badass & make this one definitely worth seeing. Probably would've been much better had they added in another 30 minutes to develop the main storyline a little more, but overall a good action flick.
mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
1/9/2009  8:56 AM
I saw Marley and Me with my girl. I read the book so I figure i see the movie. No where close to the book as always. The dog reminds me of my dog sometimes, especially when in the car.
BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
TMS
USA
1/9/2009  9:38 AM
Other titles I must see this year:

Terminator Salvation (opens in June) - Christian Bale as John Connor should be interesting.

2012 (opens in July) - Ancient Mayan predictions of the Apocalypse come to life.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (opens in June - no trailers out yet) - Dammit! Can't wait for this one! Megan Fox... cot dayam.

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (opens in August - no trailers out yet) - come on, who's not gonna watch this?

Sherlock Holmes (opens in November - no trailers out yet) - Robert Downey Jr. as Holmes & Jude Law as Watson should be interesting.

Nottingham (opens in November - no trailers out yet) - Ridley Scott (Gladiator) directs Russell Crow playing dual roles as both Robin Hood & the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Avatar (opens in December - no trailers out yet) - James Cameron flick starring Sigourney Weaver... I hear this movie's supposed to be the next huge sci-fi blockbuster.
TMS
USA
1/10/2009  5:47 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by VDesai:

i heard some good things about that one, planning on catching it on DVD.

well, just saw Slumdog Millionaire & i enjoyed it... Latika is a La Chicka... Nice narrative + Good acting + Interesting plot development = Great movie... Go see it. (Btw, never knew the cops in India were so hardcore)

[IMG_block] http://www.realbollywood.com/news/wp-content/plugins/bollywood/images/4475d_12122008150234_1.jpg [/IMG_block]

[Edited by - TMS on 01-11-2009 04:33 AM]
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
1/10/2009  8:04 PM
saw two movies this week courtesy of netflix:

righteous kill- finally a movie with two of my favorite actors in the same scene for longer than five minutes ( i am looking at you, michael mann, director of heat). they did not disappoint since the chemistry is there and they definately brought it. wish they were in a better movie that is not as cliched. nothing really original and the other actors pale by comparison. however, if you are a fan of the two actors like i am, you will enjoy it when the two actors are on the screen.

kung fu panda- excellent movie and great to have two great animated movies in one year. need to edit my list since this would undoubtedly be on there. the animation was awesome and the story and pace was great. it had me laughing so many times. highly recomended!

also, i complained about the disc i own in blu ray that the pictures were grainy and marginally better than standard dvd. however, these two movies proved that blu ray was better. WAY better, especially kung fu panda.
USA
1/10/2009  8:21 PM
Yeah, I heard about Kung Fu Panda. Have to put that on the list.

Just watched (courtesy of Netflix) 'Doomsday' and 'Vantage Point'. Doomsday was enjoyable. It's hard to describe this film though. It very much had some of that Mad Max feel to it and looked a little like a modern day 1980's group of cannibalistic characters in it. Kind of reminded me or Underworld also.

If you like stories that rewind (in film) from different perspectives of the characters, then you'll like this movie. Only thing, I though Whitakers character was a little over exaggerated and a scene with the little girl in harms way of a run away car was also a little too much. Other than that, it was a good story that keeps your attention to the end.
TMS
USA
1/10/2009  8:37 PM
just watched "The Incredible Hulk" & "Bangkok Dangerous" last night... enjoyed both.

Ed Norton was very good as Bruce Banner in the Hulk movie, & the CGI wasn't as cheesy as i thought it might be... i actually bought that the hulk character had emotions & wasn't just a mindless monster... sorta like watching King Kong w/the interaction between him & his love interest, Betty Ross... nice battle at the end between him & Abomination too, & Tony Stark's cameo at the end sets up a very interesting storyline for the next movie... 1 of the best comic movies i've seen (still enjoyed Iron Man better tho).

Nicholas Cage was his usual, semi-drunken self in Bangkok Dangerous, but he managed to pull off his role as a professional hitman reasonably well... what was a bit disappointing was how they cast his sidekick in the movie... Shahkrit Yamnarm is the actor that played him & he's basically Thailand's version of a young Chao Yun Fat... i thought his talent coulda been much better utilized, he sorta comes across as a whimpy punk in this movie... the Thai chicks were hot tho... makes me wanna go back there again.
USA
1/10/2009  9:00 PM
Thanks for the inside TMS. You reminded me of something I saw about two weeks ago. Some dude was walking down the street, wearing those big green Hulk hands, the one's that make the smashing noise (sound bites) when you smash them together. He was wearing them as winter gloves. Ha, ha, ha!!!
USA
1/10/2009  9:01 PM
You watched the newest' Hulk movie? I hear it's much better than the one made several years ago?
TMS
USA
1/10/2009  9:13 PM
Posted by 4949:

You watched the newest' Hulk movie? I hear it's much better than the one made several years ago?

yeah, that's the one i just reviewed... Ed Norton was good in this movie, & Liv Tyler made a pretty good Betty Ross... i didn't watch the Ed Bana version made a few years back but i hear that was crap.
TMS
USA
1/10/2009  9:14 PM
btw, i just found out that Bangkok Dangerous is a remake of an original Thai version that was much better... now must check out the original.
USA
1/10/2009  10:33 PM
I also wanted to mention that I think I know where they got the idea to make 'I Am Legend'. Any of you's heard of 'Omega Man'? Starring Charleton Heston? If you go to Netflix and punch it in, there's a little video of it. It supposed to be a serious film that looks hallarious to todays standards.
TMS
USA
1/11/2009  7:25 AM
Just watched "Tropic Thunder"... Hilarious movie. Tom Cruise cracked me up & surprisingly Jack Black didn't annoy me, which is a first. I actually found him funny in this one. Robert Downey Jr. as the wannabe black guy was awesome & Ben Stiller playing the retard role at the jungle camp had me rolling. One of the funniest movies I've seen in a while.

also saw "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"... CGI animated flick that seems to take place between Episode 2 (Attack of the Clones) & Episode 3 (Revenge of the Sith) in the Star Wars storyline... the plot is pretty simplistic & sorta blah, but the animation was spot on & some of the actual actors voices from the live action features are in this one, so it is worth watching if you're a fan of Star Wars movies... overall a little bit on the kiddie side but not too bad... actually does a decent job of developing Anakin Skywalker's character a little to show you a different side of him than just the constantly brooding, depressed & pouty annoying one you see in the live action Phantom Menace trilogy played by Hayden Christensen, which was refreshing... Also introduces a smart-mouthed new character, Anakin's new Jedi apprentice, Ahsoka Tano... doesn't explain why she's not around in episode 3 tho... i dunno about anyone else but i hate those kinds of loose ends.

[Edited by - TMS on 01-11-2009 05:01 AM]
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/11/2009  11:01 PM
If you guys didn't watch Slumdog yet, you better watch it now. It just swept the golden globes and will do soon do the same at the OScars....
Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy