[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Latest movies saw
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1126
USA
11/26/2008  1:04 AM
I just saw The Happening (Walberg). Interesting concept of end of world scenario. I was surprised. If you see it, close your eyes on a few scenes. Pretty bloody that I don't need on my mind.
I'll never trust this' team again.
AUTOADVERT
USA
11/26/2008  1:26 AM
Other films saw through my Netflix:

'Duck Soup' - The Marx Brothers at it again. Classic old comedy. ****

"The Haunting' - Vincent Price narrates this one in the beginning. I saw it when I was a boy. Scared me then and kept me a little on my seat this time also. ****

'Layer Cake' - I've become a big Daniel Craig fan. I kept expecting Bonds to appear, but his character in this one is just a little short. A bit of a bloody, but good flick anyway. ****

'Batteries Not Included' - Really enjoyed this old 80's flick. It was cute and affective. Idea for kids, as well as adults.

'This Island Earth' - If any of you like old sci-fi, UFO B-films, then you'll probably like this one. A lot of these old space films were once very serious, not seem so funny. I was wondering when they were going to start asking questions about the way they looked. **

'House Calls' - Another Walter Mathau film, not as good as his other stuff. But still not bad. ***

'CJ7' - From the makers of 'Kung-Fu Hustle' I was very interested in seeing this one. The tiny alien visitor wasn't as cool it could have been, but the story and the actors were something to see. Very good, would recommend for children, but note there is a little violence against the little guy. ****

'20,000' Leagues Under The Sea' - I haven't seen this one in about 30-35 years, bit still wasn't bad. Great Kirk Douglas character in this one. Note, some people may find this one slightly offensive. An island that they encounter, with Island natives on it may seem a bit racist. ** 1/2.

'The Counterfeiters' - Another story of Nazi concentration camps, that include a group of Jewish printers who are forced to help the Nazi's create fake bills, in an attempt to win the war against Britain. This has sub-lines. Personally, I don't like them, but once you get into it, you don't really think about having to read all the time. Well made film though. It also has an interview of one of the original prisoners who explains how it all worked. ****

Getting ready to watch 'Village Of The Damned' (1960) and 'Cloverfield'. Heard Clove sucked, but that's why I have Netflix.

jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
11/27/2008  11:56 AM
the strangers- waited more than a month for this movie. not worth the wait. some scenes were filmed well and very original suspense-wise. however, the payoff at the end was awful. The fact that this was not original also took away points. Don't recommend this.

get smart- used to watch the show way back when i was little. i sort of forgot how max smart used to be but for some reason i thought he was an oaf who agent 99 always bailed out. almost like inspector gadget. this one, carrell plays max smart as a character that is more aware and dependable than what the series intended. it doesn't take away from the comedy as it is funny in some parts especially the tech weapons that backfire. decent selection but forgettable.
USA
11/27/2008  1:43 PM
We saw Get Smart in the theater. I thought it was very good. It didn't really get started until about 1/3 the way through. Alan Arkin did another fine act also. The Rock played a macho role, the Great Khali (Indian wrestler) also played in it. Bill Murray made a cameo. Funny stuff.

There's also a great bod scene, with agent 99 (Brooklyn's own Anne Hathaway) dipping, twisting, sliding around killer laser beams in it also. Smart got a nice 'ars' view.

USA
12/3/2008  12:59 AM
Okay, I finally saw 'Cloverfield'.

Concept? - Interesting.

Special F/X? - Great!

The Creatures? - Spooky!

The story? - Completely pointless!

A small spoiler below, if you haven't seen it yet.

I was so glad when the Monster finally got a hold of 'Mr. Yuppie Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God with the video camera' - grabbed him up, chewed him up and spit him out. That dude was so annoying.

I had a lot of trouble wondering what the story was supposed to be about and was totally left hanging in the end. Not for kids, no way.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/3/2008  1:47 AM
i saw the new Bond flick Quantum of Solace... it was pretty good but not mindblowing... the story was very disjointed tho, too much going on at once... i have to watch it again to figure out exactly what happened, but the action was good.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/3/2008  9:43 AM
Posted by TMS:

i saw the new Bond flick Quantum of Solace... it was pretty good but not mindblowing... the story was very disjointed tho, too much going on at once... i have to watch it again to figure out exactly what happened, but the action was good.

the action was too fast for me... or at least the editing was. I was blown away with the opening scene of the previous movie and the car chase of this one was flat.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/3/2008  10:45 AM
Posted by 4949:

Concept? - Interesting.

Special F/X? - Great!

The Creatures? - Spooky!

I was so glad when the Monster finally got a hold of 'Mr. Yuppie Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God with the video camera' - grabbed him up, chewed him up and spit him out. That dude was so annoying.

I had a lot of trouble wondering what the story was supposed to be about and was totally left hanging in the end. Not for kids, no way.

My biggest problem was with the camera work, you have to work at it with digital camera's these days to shake that much with all the image stabilizers. They could have given the camera to Michael J Fox and it would have shaked less.

Anyway I absolutely adore Kung Fu Hustle so will give CJ7 a try.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/3/2008  2:13 PM
I was in the mood for a silly movie while I worked out and started watching GET SMART but shut it off when he was fumbling in the Airline bathroom. Just did not hold me.
Ok, its a polite was of saying it sucked.
TMS
USA
12/3/2008  3:12 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by TMS:

the action was too fast for me... or at least the editing was. I was blown away with the opening scene of the previous movie and the car chase of this one was flat.

yeah i agree, the opening scene coulda been much better... nothing like the carchase in Ronin.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
USA
12/4/2008  7:32 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:
Posted by 4949:

Concept? - Interesting.

Special F/X? - Great!

The Creatures? - Spooky!

My biggest problem was with the camera work, you have to work at it with digital camera's these days to shake that much with all the image stabilizers. They could have given the camera to Michael J Fox and it would have shaked less.

Anyway I absolutely adore Kung Fu Hustle so will give CJ7 a try.

Loved the Hustle myself. You'll like CJ7. Noting special about the alien, but a good story. And the kids are great.
USA
12/4/2008  7:33 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I was in the mood for a silly movie while I worked out and started watching GET SMART but shut it off when he was fumbling in the Airline bathroom. Just did not hold me.
Ok, its a polite was of saying it sucked.

It really didn't get going until about close to the halfway mark. Then I thought it turned out to be a good film.
GKFv2
Alba Posts: 114
Member: #1259
USA
12/5/2008  7:20 AM
I'm waiting for Beverly Hills Cop 4 to come out. Eddie Murphy needs another good movie and not that family comedy crap.
"If I see these refs in front of me I will F* kill them. F** them! If I see their daughters in front of me, I am going to F** them, F** them in the mouth, from the front and the back. I will F** their mothers too." - Darko Milicic
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/5/2008  12:28 PM
Posted by GKFv2:

I'm waiting for Beverly Hills Cop 4 to come out. Eddie Murphy needs another good movie and not that family comedy crap.

And enough with the Eddie Murphy is every character crap. I hate those movies!
Knicks_Fan
TMS
USA
12/5/2008  4:05 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by GKFv2:

i loved Coming To America & Nutty Professor
GKFv2
Alba Posts: 114
Member: #1259
USA
12/5/2008  5:09 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by GKFv2:

Yeah, me too. BTW, they really ARE making BHC4. It's coming out in 2010. Right now though I read that the leaked script is kinda not that funny and all action. And Rosewood(Judge Reinhold) dies in the beginning of the film. Hopefully they change it.
"If I see these refs in front of me I will F* kill them. F** them! If I see their daughters in front of me, I am going to F** them, F** them in the mouth, from the front and the back. I will F** their mothers too." - Darko Milicic
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
12/7/2008  11:11 AM
saw some more movies:

step brothers- HILARIOUS! i love the apatow humor so this is up my alley. i like farrell in r-rated comedies more so he can let lose and he does here. very vulgar and a lot of profanity. not for everyone but the b-day party video was the funniest scene in the film.

funny games- this is similar to strangers except a lot worse. very sadistic and the ending unsatisfying. moved at a snails pace and the ciematography was annoying for me.

wanted to see punisher warzone this weekend since i am a true marvelhead but i did not hear good things about it. it is a shame since the character has potential. this is the 3rd try so i guess three strikes and you are out. i will wait for it on video and knowing lionsgate, it will not take long before it is on video.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/7/2008  12:02 PM
Forgot about this thread.

Slumdog Millionaire- YOu absolutely have to see this movie.
USA
12/9/2008  11:34 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Forgot about this thread.

My gift to you guys.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
12/11/2008  2:58 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by TMS:

Thought the movie was a solid 3* movie. Not quite as good as the last but still solid. I thought the action was great and the opening car scene was great.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Latest movies saw

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy