[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's the word on ESPN Insider?
Author Thread
fmoran
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #375
Canada
2/1/2003  2:41 PM
"Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Theo Ratliff, Jason Terry and Nazr Mohammed could all be wearing new uniforms."

Any Knick rumors? And what's the deal with Nazr? Would he have to be included in a package, or would the Hawks let him go seperately?
go knicks!
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/1/2003  2:57 PM
we need to look into Nazir and Sharif. Did you see sharif's low post game against us. He is really something special. But he would probably cost too much. and we do have dice.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/1/2003  5:14 PM
Abdur-Rahim used to cry in Vancouver, and I don't see how he would help this team next year when McDyess is here.
-I'm all for Mohammed, he seems to be a budding young center.
-If Spree can be traded in this deal I wouldn't mind Terry, I know it causes matchup problems but I don't care, he's a solid player and scorer, and he and Vujanic would form the fastest backcourt in the league.
-Ratliff is always an injury problem, which is why I don't really want him, but he's a good shotblocker and rebounder. If he was a throw in and not the main part of the trade I would be fine with it, but I wouldn't make any moves just for him.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/1/2003  5:21 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Abdur-Rahim used to cry in Vancouver, and I don't see how he would help this team next year when McDyess is here.
-I'm all for Mohammed, he seems to be a budding young center.
-If Spree can be traded in this deal I wouldn't mind Terry, I know it causes matchup problems but I don't care, he's a solid player and scorer, and he and Vujanic would form the fastest backcourt in the league.
-Ratliff is always an injury problem, which is why I don't really want him, but he's a good shotblocker and rebounder. If he was a throw in and not the main part of the trade I would be fine with it, but I wouldn't make any moves just for him.
abdur rahim is their best player, but he's soft. he's a 3/4 tweener, which is hard to be. it's good because you can score, but on defense, you're in trouble. ask all the 3/4 tweeners...

antawn jamison, marcus fizer, weatherspoon, LJ, etc.
DaKidd
Member: #209
USA
2/1/2003  6:05 PM
New York trades:
SG Latrell Sprewell
PF Othella Harrington
2003 1st round pick (protected)

New York receives:
PF/SF Shareef Abdur-Rahim
SG/SF Dermarr Johnson

Atlanta trades:
PF/SF Shareef Abdur-Rahim
SG/SF Dermarr Johnson

Atlanta receives:
SG Steve Smith (expiring contract)
PG Steve Kerr (expiing contract)
C Kevin Willis (expiring contract)
SG Emmanuel Ginobili (young player)
2003 1st round pick (protected)

San Antonio trades:
SG Steve Smith
PG Steve Kerr
C Kevin Willis
SG Emmanuel Ginobili

San Antonio receives:
SG Latrell Sprewell
PF Othella Harrington

TRADE ID - 906912

ATL - If ATL doesn't make the playoffs this year then Babcock is out to make some personnel changes to ease the cap problem of ATL. It has been reported that no one in the ATL is untouchable which means Reef is available. Expiring contracts like Smith, Kerr and Willis helps Babcocks cause plus it would bring nostalgia to the fans to have Willis and Smith retire in an ATL uni. Also, this makes ATL a player in next year's crop of FA's.

C Theo Ratliff - Kevin Willis
PF Nazr Mohammed - Alan Henderson
SF Glenn Robinson - Darvin Ham
SG Steve Smith - Ira Newble
PG Jason Terry - Steve Kerr

SA - Spree might be the missing puzzle in the Spurs' drive to another championship. They are undermanned at the 2 spot with Stephen Jackson and Manu Ginobili there so Spree is definitely an upgrade. Plus, Othella just boosts their bench. Their basically giving away nothing for something.

C David Robinson - Othella Harrington
PF Tim Duncan - Malik Rose
SF Bruce Bowen - Danny Ferry
SG Latrell Sprewell - Stephen Jackson
PG Tony Parker - Speedy Claxton

NYK - It's the best deal that we can get for Spree and our pick. Reef can play SF and with Dice coming over next season that's a really tall line-up. Even if Reef doesn't work out for us he is a valuable trade commodity to other teams next year. Also, I think Dermarr Johnson will make a comeback from his accident and with our pick being in the mid 15's I think Dermarr is better on whoever is available by the time we have our pick.

C Kurt Thomas - Michael Doleac
PF Antonio McDyess - Clarence Weatherspoon
SF Shareef Abdur-Rahim - Shandon Anderson
SG Allan Houston - DerMarr Johnson
PG Howard Eisley - Charlie Ward
VG
Member: #68
Australia
2/1/2003  7:10 PM
Great trade for us but I can't see the Spurs doing it. They want cap-spacce, not add another big contract to the mix. I think they'd rather go for someone like Kidd and Olowokandi or Brand than Sprewell.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
2/2/2003  2:52 AM
good trade, but sports illstraded said that Dermarr Johnson might never play again. So in reality its 3 for 1 and we are risking alot on another injury
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's the word on ESPN Insider?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy