[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade Idea
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
1/31/2003  11:35 AM
I put this on ESPN and got alot of good responses. What do you think of this trade:

Knicks need to make a serious push for Darius Miles. C is a need but that will have to wait til this summer. We are tring to assemble for next year. Knicks may have to trade Kurt and maybe a draft pick to make it happen. Miles has been on the bench because of the emergence of Ricky Davis. Knicks couldnt dream of getting him last year but I think its possible to get him. It may cost a lotto pick but its worth it.

Kurt Thomas + 2004 1st Round Pick
for
Darius Miles + Chris Mihm.

Your Thoughts or or
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2003  11:48 AM
Hmmm, interesting trade. With a health Dice, Kurt almost becomes a redundent player and the 2004 pick is a low first rounder (plus the Knicks never develop young players - hopefully the trend will end with Milos). Salaries withstanding, I give this trade a .
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/31/2003  11:59 AM
Posted by falcindor:

I put this on ESPN and got alot of good responses. What do you think of this trade:

Knicks need to make a serious push for Darius Miles. C is a need but that will have to wait til this summer. We are tring to assemble for next year. Knicks may have to trade Kurt and maybe a draft pick to make it happen. Miles has been on the bench because of the emergence of Ricky Davis. Knicks couldnt dream of getting him last year but I think its possible to get him. It may cost a lotto pick but its worth it.

Kurt Thomas + 2004 1st Round Pick
for
Darius Miles + Chris Mihm.

Your Thoughts or or

I would do it but I think if this were to happen the Cavs would want this years pick. It would increase their chance at LeBron. On that note I would have to say no to the deal but 2004 draft thats fine with me.
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
1/31/2003  6:24 PM
I think we'd be giving up too much, but then again, I'm not a huge fan of Dmiles.
go knicks!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/1/2003  2:30 PM
Posted by fmoran:

I think we'd be giving up too much, but then again, I'm not a huge fan of Dmiles.

Who caes about Darius Miles?
He isn't a necessity or even really a desire in my eyes. How is he what this team needs? He is young and athletic, but he isn't big, a shot-blocker or a rebounder. He isn't a good shooter, is he a good defender? How is he what we need? Give up KT our best big man, who is tough and scores in the paaint, for a skinny athletic 2/3 who runs the floor well and dunks on fast breaks?

Or maybe its me?
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/1/2003  5:10 PM
I agree with Killa, why get Miles? Yeah he's a nice player to have but he has no jumpshot and he really brings nothing except height on the perimeter. Especially with that 2004 pick being a crapshoot becuase McDyess still isn't definite for next year, nor is Milos, so we can't just be writing off this team as a bottom feeder and say next year they'll be awesome. I don't really like it.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/1/2003  5:16 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I agree with Killa, why get Miles? Yeah he's a nice player to have but he has no jumpshot and he really brings nothing except height on the perimeter. Especially with that 2004 pick being a crapshoot becuase McDyess still isn't definite for next year, nor is Milos, so we can't just be writing off this team as a bottom feeder and say next year they'll be awesome. I don't really like it.
agreed. miles is the 4th option on the CAVS. PLEASE, the CAVS!

he can't grab the starting SF or PF spot!
Trade Idea

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy