Omar & Kevin Willis for Ward?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/23/2001  4:50 PM
bskball.com is reporting the following (no sources mentioned):

"The latest team to enter the Omar Cook sweepstakes appears to be the Knicks (yeah, like they need another point guard), some have suggested the Knicks may be trying to land Kevin Willis along with St. John sensation Omar Cook, in exchange for a point guard off their roster- Charlie Ward? The Mavericks and Pistons have been linked to Cook but sources close to both clubs say interest is extremely limited. Nuggets sources say the likely deal will be with Denver agreeing to a fully guaranteed one year deal...."
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
9/23/2001  5:22 PM
Kevin Willis would actually be an useful vet, I'm not to keen on Cook however. Anybody know what's happening to Postell these days? Didn't he go to the same college as Cook?

Shouldn't we try to trade Ward for Dampier or Foyle? We've all been over this already but this would be a good solution to our problems.
Maybe Dampier for Jax+??, this would clear up some roster spots so we could pick up someone on waivers. There's still some talent out there we could pick up. Satterfield and Maceo Baston come to mind.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
9/23/2001  5:31 PM
Just checked on realgm..
Erick Dampier to New York<->Othella Harrington, Mark Jackson to Golden State

TRADE ACCEPTED

They get a tutor for Larry Hughes who is a major question "point" and the ever so handy Harrington. Although I feel we should keep Othella as he will grow into a very good player we by all means need a decent center to either backup Camby or start instead of him.Thoughts anyone?
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
9/23/2001  8:56 PM
Postel and Cook both went to St John's, but they never played together. I'm not high on getting Omar, but it would free up a jam at the point as he wouldn't require many minutes. Maybe he could be a NY point gaurd of the future...very distant future.

I thought that it was reported that the Knicks made Postel an qualifying offer a while ago, but have heard no further word. The offer would stand if no other team gave him more $.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
9/23/2001  9:16 PM
I would love to see the deal, but i can't really see Denver taking Ward for these two. Jackson would be more likely because he's got a smaller contract and is just plain better. Denver doesn't really need a point guard with Van Exel and Johnson, but apparently they wouldn't mind getting one. We would be in good shape with either Jax and Eisley or Eisley and Ward along with Cook as the third stringer. He's definetly an upgrade over Brunson and has a major upside even if it does take forever for him to reach his potential. I'm thinking they also have their eyes on Harrington, but i could be wrong thats just my personal perspective. Either way, i like the deal a lot because Willis especially is the type of player we really need.
Caseloads
Member: #41
9/24/2001  8:59 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

I would love to see the deal, but i can't really see Denver taking Ward for these two. Jackson would be more likely because he's got a smaller contract and is just plain better. Denver doesn't really need a point guard with Van Exel and Johnson, but apparently they wouldn't mind getting one. We would be in good shape with either Jax and Eisley or Eisley and Ward along with Cook as the third stringer. He's definetly an upgrade over Brunson and has a major upside even if it does take forever for him to reach his potential. I'm thinking they also have their eyes on Harrington, but i could be wrong thats just my personal perspective. Either way, i like the deal a lot because Willis especially is the type of player we really need.
Agreed. But Denver might want NY to take some excess baggage, aka Abdul-Wahad in a swap that looks like this: Ward+Harrington+Postell > Cook+Wahad+Willis.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/24/2001  1:03 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Agreed. But Denver might want NY to take some excess baggage, aka Abdul-Wahad in a swap that looks like this: Ward+Harrington+Postell > Cook+Wahad+Willis.

I am not sure I would even go for the above trade. Willis is in the last year of his contract and may disappear after the season and Wahad is signed to an ungodly long contract and would be behind Anderson, Spree, and Houston. No thanks.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
9/24/2001  3:44 PM
I agree with you Martin.
We suck.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
9/24/2001  5:58 PM
I am not sure I would even go for the above trade. Willis is in the last year of his contract and may disappear after the season and Wahad is signed to an ungodly long contract and would be behind Anderson, Spree, and Houston. No thanks.
Though it isn't the best deal we could possibly do, it still makes some sense. The fact is we need a solid back-up center and Willis fits the bill. Cook you can place on the end of the roster and just forget about him until about three years later. Wahad may cause a rotation problem, but who says he has to play anyways. I'm still hesitant on trading Harrington, but if a deal like this comes along soon, it may be in our best interest to accept.
Caseloads
Member: #41
9/24/2001  6:42 PM
Posted by Knixkik:
Though it isn't the best deal we could possibly do, it still makes some sense. The fact is we need a solid back-up center and Willis fits the bill. Cook you can place on the end of the roster and just forget about him until about three years later. Wahad may cause a rotation problem, but who says he has to play anyways. I'm still hesitant on trading Harrington, but if a deal like this comes along soon, it may be in our best interest to accept.
yeah, who says wahad has to play anyway? who cares if we pay him big bucks or no money, it's not coming directly from our pocket and it's not going into our pocket, so what difference does it make? NYK is never gonna be under the cap. EVER. What are we going to do with ward? Harrington? both of them are out of the rotation anyway. We might as well get willis who is gonna be in the rotation at backup Center, and Cook who can mature, JVG can whip him into shape over a couple of years, who cares if he sits on the bench for a while? We're solid at the PG (not phenomenal, but solid) with Mark Jax and Eisley.

We can always try and trade Wahad, or just cut the guy, and pay him regardless, like what we're doing with Vernon Maxwell.
Omar & Kevin Willis for Ward?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy