[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks should make a move before deadline
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
1/29/2003  8:33 AM
There are options out there, and the the Knicks should seriously considering making a move this deadline to inprove for NEXT year. KT didnt get an allstar nod but he should generate interest. Knicks need that 2nd frontcourt player to bring us to the next level. McDyess will be our scorer downlow but we can use help at C or SF. Knicks really need to inject some youth into this team. A player like Jamal Magloire would be great. Id swap Kurt in a NY minute. He would be a great compliment for McDyess and has a nice upside. I think we should hold onto Spree till next years deadline where he will be wanted by other teams who want to dump salary.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
1/29/2003  2:36 PM
I doubt Nawlins would give him up. Elden's been struggling and showing his age, and Magloire has really come through as a their man in the middle. Even when considering a swap for a player like KT (who I'd rather keep, since he's only getting better and better), the Hornets would be better off with a legitemate center, who, like everyone has noticed, is putting up solid numbers, like four double doubles in the last five games.

I'd really hate to trade KT though. He's gonna provide some punch off the bench next year (or even as center, if we don't get a big man), and he is part of our "Big 3" this year, which is one of the better ones in the East at that.
go knicks!
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
1/29/2003  5:40 PM
I'm liking KT more and more every week. I say we try our best to get the 5 spot from the draft...and force that guy to mature in a hurry! He won't need to be a scoring machine, so that would make it easier for a rookie big man.

What's the word on Stanley?
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
fmoran
Canada
1/29/2003  5:56 PM
Posted by knixphan:

What's the word on Stanley?
Tough to say. Philly has until Feb. 16 to let everyone know, but the team is in a wierd position. Between Coleman, Skinner and T-Mac they have enough big men at that position. But with Coleman's 9 million expiring this season, and T-Mac's nerve injury, they could use another center, like Roberts. The thing is, no one considers him a saviour, and they would much rather a center like Earvin Johnson, Theo, or one of Seattle's centers (JJ or Booth).

It all depends on what kind of playing condition he is in. But if the Sixers don't want him, he may not be our answer either.

Wait, what am I talking about. He'd be our starting center. Get him!

[Edited by - fmoran on 01/29/2003 18:01:39]
go knicks!
falcindor
USA
1/30/2003  8:07 AM
The word is Staley is fat, not phat. He hasnt stayed in shape at all. He hasnt made any appearences because that would kill any chance of him comming back yet. Hes gonna work with a trainer like a mad man to get into Shawn Kemp shape. Knicks should stay clear of him. He hasnt played organized ball anywhere. Why didnt he go to the CBA or overseas in the meantime for 3 years.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/30/2003  10:59 AM
I dont think the Knicks should make any moves...there are no sprewells out there, no houstons, no impact players. This team doesnt need to pick up more role players, they need to find a star. Stick with what you have and head into the off season, maybe we can make a deal then or possibly draft someone good if our record is bad enough.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
falcindor
USA
1/30/2003  11:43 AM
Exactly.

Thats why I like the people here better than ESPN who dont know anything.

Knicks are poised to do good things this summer dont screw it up unless there is something worth it. Knick impatience is what made us get into this mess.
fmoran
Canada
1/30/2003  12:31 PM
Didn't you just say you wanted a trade?
go knicks!
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
1/30/2003  2:45 PM
I think it's a good idea if the Knicks were to make a trade.Esspecialy now that Thomas is showing interest to some NBA teams.A good fit to me would be Big "Z" or Dampier.Involving Thomas,Ward and a throw in such as Knight.Why?Because (1)we need a center in which means more size,(2)Thomas is goin to disappear when Dice comes back in which means he's not going to be our low post threat anymore,(3)the ball is goin to the hands of Dice,Spree,Houston.Thomas would be upset and disrupt the team in the long run,which would be understandable.Thats why im glad to see he's having a break out season to trade him for a good return.It works out for both Thomas and the Knicks.
!!!Knicks!!!
falcindor
USA
1/30/2003  2:59 PM
I we can get a good Defensive C we should go for it. But we shouldnt move Spree unless its for a up and comming player and that simply isnt going to happen.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/1/2003  2:48 PM
I dont know much about eric Dampier.
But what shot do we have of getting Dampier or Ilguskaskus. We really do need a defensive center. if we could trad KT for a center of equal or lesser value it would make sense. What about the nigerian kid from the raptors who doesn't play much or boumtje-boumtje. If we could acquire a tall defensive presence, i think it would help us immensely.
falcindor
USA
2/3/2003  7:27 AM
Theo Ratliff or Eric Dampier would be good compliments for McDyess. Dampier is inconsistant but has good center size and strenth. Theo was a budding superstar but after the injury, the question is Will he ever gain that dominance again?
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/3/2003  9:39 AM
Posted by falcindor:

Theo Ratliff or Eric Dampier would be good compliments for McDyess. Dampier is inconsistant but has good center size and strenth. Theo was a budding superstar but after the injury, the question is Will he ever gain that dominance again?

I dont like Ratliff...I dont think he will get it back after the injury. Plus the odds of having 2 players on your roster getting to full strength again, after coming back from injuries, are pretty bad.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Knicks should make a move before deadline

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy