[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

the atlanta hawks
Author Thread
Armondaone
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #379
1/28/2003  12:38 PM
Since the Hawks seem to want to shake there roster up soon do you think the Knick should take a shot at grabbing some of there players. ( say like Reef)I do believe that they are not going to resign him for the next season for what he wants to be signed at. maybe the knicks can ship down Nailon and like Harrington for somw of there big men.
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/28/2003  3:21 PM
I would take Reef in a second....but I highly doubt they will be taking our scrubs for him.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
1/28/2003  3:27 PM
Looking at the Knicks now, they would probably benefit most from a Nazr, Theo, or JT (at PG, of course). And with the current situation, we could probably get a great deal.
go knicks!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/28/2003  3:38 PM
With the abundance of power forwards already, why would the Knicks get Abdur-Rahim? I'm all for acquiring young talented players but it doesn't make sense to have 5 to 6 PFs when only one can play at a time.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
1/28/2003  4:54 PM
ATL is looking for an expiring contract + a pick for him. Knicks dont have ANY expiring contracts.

I think Jason Terry is gonna light us up for 40+ tonight.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
1/28/2003  4:55 PM
Reef is very accustomed to play SF like he did in Vancouver. At SF he is an absolute nightmare for the other team.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/28/2003  6:30 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Reef is very accustomed to play SF like he did in Vancouver. At SF he is an absolute nightmare for the other team.
you guys think houston is soft? wait until you check out reef's psych in NYC. the guy used to cry on a regular basis, in vancouver!
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/30/2003  11:03 AM
I think Reef could play in NY - he is a solid player, and while we have 5 PF's we could use one that is actually good outside of KT. Face it - Spoon is an overweight SF, Harrington isnt that good, Dice is injured and may not recover to his all star status, so why not grab some quality?

And if he can slide into the SF position, imagine KT, Dice, Reef, Houston, and Vujonic - hmmmmmmm....that could be pretty nasty provided everyone does their job.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
DefAndReb
Member: #336
1/30/2003  12:53 PM
I think that's our problem. We already have two lineups worth of "solid" players. Really. Look at it. Aside from Spree, Houston, and now Thomas, who keeps improving his game, the rest of our guys aren't sucky (well, Knight sucks, but I'm not counting him).

Even Eisley and Anderson, two guys I wish we'd never picked up, are playing some good ball.

From where we're at now, we want to get better. I don't think trading for "solid" will make us better. I think our next trade should be for a player who is better at his position than our player is at HIS position (they don't have to be the same position).

We're better than the Hawks, and they were supposed to improve greatly this year. It hasn't happened, and they are dropping fast. Why would we want any of their guys over what we have now? Maybe Ratliff, but I'm not even sure about that.

Reef is not SF material, mid-to-long jumper is not strong enough, and he's not a good enough defender. Also the aforementioned emotional baggage. I'd pass.

Also, I don't think Terry makes a good PG; he's an undersized SG. I don't think he would improve us.
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
1/30/2003  1:06 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

Also, I don't think Terry makes a good PG; he's an undersized SG. I don't think he would improve us.
While I doubt Atlanta would trade him (they love the guy), there's no denying he's a good point guard. I mean he's averaging 7.3 apg! He gets his teammates the ball, and combines natural shooting instincts with smart passes. The reason they are using him at SG is the overloaded nature of their PG spot (Dickau, Wilks, and Terry? No way) and subpar SG lineup. To have the best starters at both positions, he has to be SG.

I think he'd help the Knicks tremendously, but I doubt we'd get him for anything less than KT. So I'll pass.
go knicks!
the atlanta hawks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy