[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Artest at it again
Author Thread
Knicksfan1971
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #98
1/28/2003  12:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=230127014

I saw the highlights on TV,this guy is becoming the biggest thug in the league.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/28/2003  1:41 AM
he's not all there. glad we didn't draft him for all his talent.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
1/28/2003  6:21 AM
I'd be surprised if the league didn't fine him or give him a one-game suspension. If they don't, you'll start to see this happen with other players and coaches. Zeke or Walsh had better talk to him about "crossing the line". If they don't, it's partly their fault for not keeping him in check.

I'm surprised he only got one technical foul for all that.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
1/28/2003  11:56 AM
what an idiot. this could ruin his chances of EVER making an all- star roster. he will get tagged throughout his career like spree. you don't lunge after a head coach, assisstant and otherwise.
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
1/28/2003  2:51 PM
He could set Pat Riley on fire, and I'd still love this guy. He's undoubtedly one of the funnest players to watch, cause you just never know what he's going to do.

And who wants him on the All-Star team anyway? He'd literally kill Steve Nash.

"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
go knicks!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/28/2003  3:35 PM
"glad we didn't draft him for all his talent."-I might've misread that, but if that's saying you're happy the Knicks didn't draft Artest, that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. Artest would be the best player on the Knicks, and because he plays with intensity and fire people label him a "thug." Please, give me a break.
#Knickstaps
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
1/28/2003  3:57 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

"glad we didn't draft him for all his talent."-I might've misread that, but if that's saying you're happy the Knicks didn't draft Artest, that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. Artest would be the best player on the Knicks, and because he plays with intensity and fire people label him a "thug." Please, give me a break.

I didn't see what happened with Riles. It doesn't sound that serious to me. But the guy did grab a camera and throw a monitor to the floor after the Pacer's loss to the Knicks.

When a tv monitor hits the floor, there's a chance of the tube shattering and causing injuries to thoses around it.

That's more than just "playing with intensity" - that's being out of control.
Knicksfan1971
1/28/2003  4:03 PM
No,Id label a thug as someone who goes over to the opposing coach and sticks his forearm in his chest,who flashes the double bird in midcourt,who trashes 100k cameras because he lost.Ive seen Oakley
do some thuggish things and didnt complain so I see your point but
but most of that involved stopping people in the paint,artest is
going beyond that and making the league look like the WWF.
Knicksfan1971
1/28/2003  4:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/stein_marc/1500101.html

BigSm00th
USA
1/28/2003  4:48 PM
"When a tv monitor hits the floor, there's a chance of the tube shattering and causing injuries to thoses around it.

That's more than just "playing with intensity" - that's being out of control."-When he smashed the camera, he said he did it because he was so fed up with how he played that he lost control. That's a direct result of the game, he's not a raving lunatic who breaks things.

Once again, I'd rather have him and his being a "thug" or whatever anybody wants to call it than a lackadaisical Allan Houston. Any day of the week. I met Artest several times when he was going into his sophomore season at SJU at a basketball camp and he's one of the nicest people I've ever met, on the court is a different story because he wants it so bad. Read the ESPN article about him or take it from me becuase I met him, he's not a madman, he just plays harder then anybody.
#Knickstaps
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/28/2003  4:56 PM
Posted by Knicksfan1971:

No,Id label a thug as someone who goes over to the opposing coach and sticks his forearm in his chest,who flashes the double bird in midcourt,who trashes 100k cameras because he lost.Ive seen Oakley
do some thuggish things and didnt complain so I see your point but
but most of that involved stopping people in the paint,artest is
going beyond that and making the league look like the WWF.

The funny thing about Artest is that he is a good ball player who think he is a great superstar. I have seen him play and the ref let him get away with a lot he basically fouls people on every play. Watch him play and you will see the same thing. I guess when I. Thomas compared him to Rodman he took it to heart.

KT is almost the same. He think he is some great player now and he wants the calls or no calls from the refs on every play and he never fouls. Some of those fouls are so obvious even the TV announcers get a luagh out of it and there KT is make crazy eyes at the refs again.
Knicksfan1971
1/28/2003  5:03 PM
I believe you smooth.Off the court he sounds like a nice guy and even
the article mentions that but on the court he is acting like a thug.
If he can control his temper he is going to have a great career but
if he cant he is going to be missing alot of games due to suspension
and bringing alot of unecessary grief on himself. I agree,Id rather
have his passion for the game than Houston's thats for sure.
BigSm00th
USA
1/28/2003  5:07 PM
This whole thug debate was said about Kenyon Martin last year after a few aggressive fouls. I haven't heard any of that this year. Artest is still either 22 or 23, he's still immature. Give him a few years of hanging around Reggie Miller and Isiaih and he'll get himself under control and be the best defensive player in the game.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/28/2003  6:23 PM
I MEANT what I wrote, that I'm happy that he did not get drafted. what if we drafted him and he assaulted Allan Houston for not giving 100% effort?

Who cares if he threw the camera and that it didn't hurt anyone? What if it hit a child accidentally and they died? It was a possibility. There WERE a LOT of people there when he did that.

Artest is not in control of himself. He needs help, counseling and Rx's. Take it from a doctor in training (me).

Artest is not OK, and it's not OK to have things just be in complete chaos at his whim and excuse it by saying he has "passion" or "fire" or "intensity."

Have you guys ever heard of a guy named Kobe or Tracy McGrady? Those guys have passion, fire, and intensity. Artest is simply not sane. He doesn't understand how the world works. He doesn't know what's real or not.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
1/28/2003  6:32 PM
Artests is just an idiot. He think his little act is gonna make him look tough. When he's just a baby. Hes wannabe thug, he wants to act so hard.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BigSm00th
USA
1/28/2003  6:55 PM
"Who cares if he threw the camera and that it didn't hurt anyone? What if it hit a child accidentally and they died? It was a possibility. There WERE a LOT of people there when he did that."-This is ridiculous. Suppose it hit a kid who died. Yeah, that'd be awful, what if when Shaq chases a loose ball he jumps over the stands and lands on a pregnant woman and crushes the fetus, yeah that'd be horrible too.

I'll be the first to admit that Artest has an anger problem, but the man is sane. I've had conversations with him and played with him, he's very sane.

"Artests is just an idiot. He think his little act is gonna make him look tough. When he's just a baby. Hes wannabe thug, he wants to act so hard."-I don't know what that rambling is, but he never looks for attention in his actions. Anybody with a clue who's watching these games knows how hard he plays. For you to say he plays hard because he's a wannabe thug is ridiculous, he has, what, one tatoo, wears no jewelry, and isn't loud and obnoxius. Yeah, that's a real thug image. Please, he's this year's Kenyon Martin.
#Knickstaps
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
1/28/2003  7:37 PM
And comparing Artest to Houston is like Apples and Pomegranites...Houston is putting up great offensive, by the way...And Artest is a self-acknowledged defensive stopper, so they both have value for different reasons...However, If we're in the finals, game seven down by 2 with possession and 5 seconds left, I think I want the ball in H2o's hands - The refs will be more likely to award him a touch foul exactly because he's been a model citizen...Refs like boyscouts...

Y'know, the bird-flipping part is the only thing that turned me off with Artest - the rest I can overlook-

However, do I wish we got him instead of Weis? Sure I do, if only for trade value...

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
Artest at it again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy