[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mid-Season 17-24
Author Thread
QnzKnixFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #373
USA
1/24/2003  10:52 PM
Through 41 games, we're 10th in the East and the 9th worst team in the league at 17-24. We're on pace to win 34 games, which the number I expected.

Obviously, we're not making the Playoffs. And chances also are we're not going to lose enough to be in the LeBron James sweetstakes. And from what I'm reading, David "Santan" Stern will not allow Darko Milicic and Sofoklis Schortsianitis to enter the Draft due to that stupid and pointless 18+ age by declaration day. I think our targets might be down to the likes of Emeka Okafor and Kendrick Perkins.

We've all talked about Okafor, but what do you all think of Perkins. He's a 6'11" HS'er from Texas. He is going to develope into a Center. Why doesn't he got a lot of hype?
QnzKnixFan
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
1/25/2003  12:44 AM
Perkins will probably shoot up a few spots just because of the emergence of Amare, but don't forget, most big men takes years to develop, especially out of HS (see: Eddy Curry, Kwame Brown, Tyson Chandler, Leon Smith, etc). I like Okafor a lot, I think he's steadily improved and would take himat 9 if I had the chance. I think he'll be a lot like Ben Wallace, capapble of playing center in the East, and putting up 8 ppg, 10 rpg, and 1.5 bpg his first year, which would be solid.

Other big men I'd look at are the Brazilian (Varejo or something to that extent) and Bosh, but Bosh will probably go top 5.
#Knickstaps
Mid-Season 17-24

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy