bait and switch again.FU ESPN Im getting DirectTV in 4 months and
will be watching on MSG.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
1/25/2003  12:46 AM
I was at the game tonight, really good and fun game to watch. Mavs are really deep, and that French guy that just got is a bum.

Though there were lots of frontrunning Mavs fans, the Knicks diehards in the 300s where I was sitting were still abundant. The place was going nuts after Andersons huge fast break dunk (his second of the year) and was pretty into it until Van Exel started to hit every 3 he took. Knicks fans are still tops in the NBA, regardless of the product.
#Knickstaps
Knicksfan1971
Member: #98
1/25/2003  12:35 PM
Glad someone had fun.I would have liked to have seen Dirk play,a
seven footer that can run the floor like a guard must be pretty
amazing in person.I have a friend that knows someone high up in
Mgmt,they told me they can get me floor seats the next time Im in NYC
so Im going to make sure its a good one!Mavs would be on my
list,Lakers have to think about the rest.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
1/27/2003  9:38 AM
I know what yopu mean. The fans arent as good as before. I havent been to a game live yet, but it seems the crowd isnt as nearly as into the games. The garden used to be 3x louder than it is now. The starting lineup was louder than a game winning shot now.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/27/2003  11:35 AM
thats what happens when your 17-24 and have no chance of winning a title. People stop caring. If we had some more exciting young talent to watch people would be more into it, but watching Spree, Allen, Ward and Eisley launch 3's while our short bigmen get beat on the boards isnt the biggest attraction around.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
1/27/2003  11:43 AM
It was fun when we actually HAD big men to compliment Spree and Allan - I miss having big men....

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/27/2003  12:06 PM
Posted by falcindor:

I know what yopu mean. The fans arent as good as before. I havent been to a game live yet, but it seems the crowd isnt as nearly as into the games. The garden used to be 3x louder than it is now. The starting lineup was louder than a game winning shot now.

Thats your imagination the garden has never been that loud. Even when they were winning it was never loud that is why its not a great home field advantage to the KNicks. They have lost meaningful games there may times in the past.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/27/2003  12:46 PM
I dont know what Garden your talking about but MSG gets as loud as anywhere. All the seats are right on top of the court, unlike airport hangers like where the Nets play.
As for homecourts Knicks have one of the best, and always have. Your homecourt advantage is only as good as the team defending it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
1/27/2003  3:49 PM
Dont get me wrong it still loud but it isnt as nearly as it was before.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/27/2003  5:03 PM
Yeah, VMART, what are you talking about, MSG's always been one of the best places for home court in the playoffs and always got incredibly loud.
#Knickstaps
Knicksfan1971
Member: #98
1/27/2003  9:53 PM
Havent been to a game at the garden in a while but I can tell you
from watching on TV you couldnt hear the ball clanging against the
rim like a bell before.Or the sound of the ball hitting the floor
as much,I doubt that they are mixing the sound any differently.Its
probably a less enthusiatic crowd.The last time I went to a game
in the 90s,it sounded as loud as the opening to any rock concert that
I had been to at the garden.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
1/28/2003  6:32 AM
The reason MSG isn't the best for homecourt advantage is that MSG is legendary, so every player wants to play there. Visiting teams usually play better at the garden than other visiting gyms because, well, it's the Mecca. They come pumped.

Alas, I was there for the Suns game on Sunday. Lots of empty seats peppered throughout the arena. The Knicks need a) a winning record and b) a superstar. I don't think young talent is as compelling as an all-star. But, if no all-stars are available, then a young up-and-comer might help, but it has to be a really really outstanding player.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/28/2003  11:17 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I dont know what Garden your talking about but MSG gets as loud as anywhere. All the seats are right on top of the court, unlike airport hangers like where the Nets play.
As for homecourts Knicks have one of the best, and always have. Your homecourt advantage is only as good as the team defending it.

There is a buzz in the garden its not like other arenas. In other arenas there is no buzz its loud. Yes you are right It does get loud in the garden but it take something really spectacular to get it loud its not loud form start to finish it takes plays Like the Spree dunk, Starks dunk or the 4 point play by LJ which had the garden rocking. But there is a buzz in the garden where you could almost hear everyone talking at the same time and it only happens before a big game or they are expecting to see a new player play for the Knicks. You don't get that in other arenas.

As far as the Garden being a great home field advantage no I don't think it is. They have lost big games in the Garden in the past. Games like. Game five against the Bulls (Charles Smith), Pacers(Ewings finger roll), Heat after the Brawl game (undermanned Knicks team). Pacers(Reggie Miller game) these were big games.

ESPN did it again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy