Camby won't play in first game against Knicks
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/21/2003  11:04 PM
From the news wire:

Marcus Camby will not play Wednesday against the Knicks in his return to Madison Square Garden with the Nuggets. Camby is out with a sprained right ankle, and he will miss at least a couple of games.

Camby, who had been out since Feb.1 with an injured right hip, returned to Denver's lineup on Friday only to sprain his ankle 17 seconds into his debut.

Out of a possible 500 regular-season games, he has played in just 324 in his seven NBA seasons and has never appeared in more than 63 in any one year.

Camby's inability to stay healthy and on the active roster is the reason the Knicks cited for trading him to Denver on draft night. They gave up Camby along with Mark Jackson and the draft rights to Nene Hilario for Antonio McDyess and Denver's No.1 pick, which was used to select point guard Frank Williams.

The Nuggets have been the early winners in the deal, having obtained a young power forward in Hilario, who has the potential to be a star. After missing most of last season following knee surgery, McDyess got hurt again in the preseason and has been out since having a second surgery in October.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/22/2003  8:47 AM
who thinks Nene might bust out a can on NY tonight?
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/22/2003  8:50 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/28902.htm

"And he was so happy David Stern called his name when the Knicks drafted at No. 7. Neither fans nor Hilario knew the Knicks had already arranged the Antonio McDyess trade and the Knicks were making the pick for the Nuggets.

"I didn't know what was going on." Hilario said in Portuguese. "I was drafted seventh, and the rush was excellent. I was meeting with the media when I understood about the trade. At the time, I was upset. It was a roller coaster of emotions. I had no idea Denver was interested. I worked out once for Denver."

Though the Knicks pulled out all the stops in scouting him, he failed to make their top-10 board. Of the three principals, including McDyess and Marcus Camby, Hilario is the only one who plays tonight. He's averaged 9.4 points and 6.1 rebounds.

"If I continue to improve, definitely I'd like to have the responsibility of being the star of a team," Hilario said.

Said Camby, "Once his English gets better, he's going to be a heckuva player."
"

Not making their top 10 board? Who was on this "board?" the tooth fairy?
Camby won't play in first game against Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy