[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

espn insider?
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
1/9/2003  11:12 AM
can anyone please post up the insider column today? it talks about the knicks making deals. thanks.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/9/2003  1:16 PM
Q: What are the chances the Knicks will blow up the team this year? As a fan, I don't care if Allan Houston, Latrell Sprewell and Kurt Thomas get traded for a hot dog and a soda -- as long as the cap situation is somewhat improved and younger players are injected into the lineup. In the offseason, it was rumored that the Knicks might go after Jason Terry. What are the possibilities of a Terry and Theo Ratliff for Sprewell type of trade? Terry would complement Houston well, and if the Hawks can get a point guard, they can make a playoff push. Having said that, if the Hawks don't think Terry is a PG, who are they looking for?

FORD: Steve isn't the only one wondering why all is quiet on the Knicks' front at the moment. While the Knicks certainly are still looking to make a deal, Scott Layden's hands are pretty tied. Owner James Dolan is ushering in a new age of fiscal responsibility in New York, so the Knicks aren't just going to blow money for the hell of it (Layden's management strategy up to this point). If they could land a legitimate big prospect, they'd pull the trigger, but that doesn't seem likely. Furthermore, it isn't like the Knicks are better off making a push for the playoffs. They need to lose as many games possible. This team doesn't need another first-round exit. What they need is young talent.

As for the Terry and Damon Stoudamire rumors, I don't think it's happening. The emergence of second-round pick Milos Vujanic, a 6-foot-3 point guard from Yugoslavia, should give the team its point guard of the future when he joins the Knicks next season. Vujanic is not only the best point guard in Europe right now, he's Europe's best player period. He reminds me of a more athletic version of Steve Nash. Since the Knicks will be able to sign him at a relative bargain, don't expect them to create more problems by adding another point guard to the mix.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicksfan1971
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #98
1/9/2003  2:37 PM
"Vujanic is not only the best point guard in Europe right now, he's Europe's best player period"

I cant believe we are actually getting someone like this on the Knicks,I get Euro-envywhen I see teams with players like dirk,peja
paul etc..its great that we are finally going to get a young quality
player from europe of our own that is unless he decides not to come here which would really piss me off.Imagine a backcourt of lebron
and milos,wow!Ok its a dream right now but you never know.....
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/9/2003  2:57 PM
Posted by Knicksfan1971:

"Vujanic is not only the best point guard in Europe right now, he's Europe's best player period"

I cant believe we are actually getting someone like this on the Knicks,I get Euro-envywhen I see teams with players like dirk,peja
paul etc..its great that we are finally going to get a young quality
player from europe of our own that is unless he decides not to come here which would really piss me off.Imagine a backcourt of lebron
and milos,wow!Ok its a dream right now but you never know.....

I can't believe they are saying something like that about a Knicks prospect. Its been a long time since praise has come the KNicks way for a draft pick. I really like the other point made about the Knicks they need to stop think about the playoffs and position for the draft it would really put this team back on the map if they could land a top three pick this year.
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/10/2003  9:58 AM
if we are the absolute worst team, we are assured the 4th pick, at WORST.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/10/2003  10:35 AM
then the knicks should stop winning games haha they are huting the chances of getting a good pick.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
fahkyu911
Member: #343
1/10/2003  4:46 PM
imagine we had amare and vujanic
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/11/2003  1:55 AM
And Artest.
#Knickstaps
DefAndReb
Member: #336
1/11/2003  11:22 AM
Or, hell, even Nene. He just had a breakout game last night (20 pts, 11 rbs, 4 stls). Way to go, Hilario! Maybe Camby should start learning shuffleboard.
Fordy74
Member: #51
USA
1/11/2003  3:25 PM
Amare 16 points and 21 boards last night.. He is unreal.
Caseloads
1/12/2003  1:04 AM
yeah, i mean, amare is just flat out the best prep (HS) to pro in the longest!
martin
USA
1/12/2003  1:21 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

Better than KG?
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
1/12/2003  9:29 AM
Amare isnt a shocker. People never doubted his around the basket skills. But they dont know how his shooting skills are. If he can get any type of shooting skills he would be a monster. Thats why he was drafted so low. If he could shoot from 15ft he would have been a top 5.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knicksfan1971
Member: #98
1/12/2003  11:14 AM
Another thing that kept Amare from being drafted higher was his off
the court problems,I was living in the orlando area where he is from
and read article after article about his bouncing around from one
high school to the next,getting in trouble etc... People down there
knew he had the skills but questioned whether or not he was mature
enough to handle the NBA,I guess he showed us.
Caseloads
1/12/2003  11:51 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:

Better than KG?
Are you KID'ding me? Better than KG, better than Kobe, by far. Like stephon said "it's like comparing michael jordan and mario elie"

i mean, this guy amare is racking up double doubles like a 8 year vet (garnett). Amare has had multiple games where he's just completely dominated. Not many players in the NBA, rookies especially, completely dominate! Easily, Amare should have been the #2 pick... if Amare were 3 inches taller and a center, whoa.
martin
USA
1/12/2003  12:48 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:

Better than KG?
Are you KID'ding me? Better than KG, better than Kobe, by far. Like stephon said "it's like comparing michael jordan and mario elie"

i mean, this guy amare is racking up double doubles like a 8 year vet (garnett). Amare has had multiple games where he's just completely dominated. Not many players in the NBA, rookies especially, completely dominate! Easily, Amare should have been the #2 pick... if Amare were 3 inches taller and a center, whoa.

I'll give you that Amare is going to be great player, but a lot of what he has shown so far is also due to the people he has around him: Marbury, Penny, Marion, and a couple of servicable centers. The 3 small positions can all shoot from downtown and drive the hole - it makes spacing a lot easier for post players and rebounders. KG has starting with him Szczerbiak, Hudson, Nesterovic, K Gill, and G Trent/Joe Smith. Those guys don't really bring out the fear in opponents.

On an aside, I wonder how Nene would have done on the Suns instead of the Nuggs and what Amare's stats would be on a Denver team.
martin
USA
1/12/2003  12:51 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:

Better than KG?

I still can't figure how the NBA pre-camps miss out the potential of someone like Amare. Don't they see the agressiveness? The energy? Isn't that why they work them out agaist other players? I guess Golden State and every other 2-8 pick is kicking themselves right now.
Caseloads
1/12/2003  6:09 PM
martin, the thing is - Amare would be doing great on the Nuggets. The kid is sick. Plus - KG has vets and a top 5 NBA coach working with him.

Marbury, Penny, Matrix, and a couple of serviceable centers never brought out the fear in anyone last year, or this year. That's why everyone laughed about the Jason Kidd trade. Marbury has and always be a cancer, Penny is always injured and a pampered whiner, and Matrix plays hard, but isn't someone that is feared, just an amazing athlete.

The one who brings out the FEAR in other teams is the ROOKIE, Amare, and he's the one who rips players "a fresh one" on the opposing squads. Amare has the ferocity that most other ballers just don't seem to have, on his team, or any other. The kid plays like a veteran.

And the Nene comparison... the two have different games. Nene is more of an Olajuwan-esque baller. Amare is, as many have compared him to, a pre-Cleveland (pre-drugs and dunkin-donut binging) Reign Man (Shawn Kemp) - who was also amazing. I remember in '95 or '96, Kemp dunked from nearly the 3 pt line, in a game! it was one of the sickest ever.

The reason why scouts didn't pick him highly is because of a few things. 1) he shifted schools around alot 2) the failure of last year's prep-to-pro's 3) questionable (basketball) intelligence 4) questionable fundamentals 5) questionable 15 ft deep shooting

all the other ballers picked before him had less question marks regarding them if you take a look
VG
Member: #68
Australia
1/12/2003  8:15 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

I remember in '95 or '96, Kemp dunked from nearly the 3 pt line, in a game! it was one of the sickest ever.

Didn't you mean the free-throw line???

Caseloads
1/12/2003  8:16 PM
Posted by VG:
Posted by Caseloads:

I remember in '95 or '96, Kemp dunked from nearly the 3 pt line, in a game! it was one of the sickest ever.

Didn't you mean the free-throw line???
3 pt line... sick
espn insider?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy