[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marcus Camby
Author Thread
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
10/6/2001  5:14 AM
Ok, I will have a new pics page ready SOON. And the new design is coming along - but that means I am not spending any time on the current site, which means no updates (sorry). The pics will be there soon though.

Here is a question for the ultimateknicks.com guys: Do yu have a banner or button available for me to use on the site? Because I would like to link to you because 1) I love the site and the forum is cool and I'm on here all the time and 2) I wouldn't have to do my own headlines/articles section, because you have one on here.

Please get back to me on this.
We suck.
AUTOADVERT
VG
Member: #68
Australia
10/6/2001  5:18 AM
Posted by MCfan23:

Ok, I will have a new pics page ready SOON. And the new design is coming along - but that means I am not spending any time on the current site, which means no updates (sorry). The pics will be there soon though.

Here is a question for the ultimateknicks.com guys: Do yu have a banner or button available for me to use on the site? Because I would like to link to you because 1) I love the site and the forum is cool and I'm on here all the time and 2) I wouldn't have to do my own headlines/articles section, because you have one on here.

Please get back to me on this.

Cool I can't wait to see the pics.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/6/2001  9:31 AM
This is besides the point, but the nypost says Shandon Anderson has been really impressive and is definetly the Knicks 6th man. He could even make a strong run for 6th man of the year. This is really good because it seems like our team is shaping up the farther we go. Top five guys to watch this year: MARCUS CAMBY, Shandon Anderson, Clarence Weatherspoon, Othella Harrington(will be backing up camby a lot), and Kurt Thomas. This should be a very exciting year.
MCfan23
USA
10/6/2001  4:00 PM
Looks like we could be headed for some awards...

Marcus Camby: All-Star and Most Improved Player.

Shandon Anderson: Sixth Man of the Year.

Clarence Weatherspoon: Runner-up Sixth Man of the year.

Allan Houston: Most Valuable Player ().

New York Knicks: Eastern Conference Champions ().
We suck.
MCfan23
USA
10/6/2001  5:18 PM
This man means business...

Look out NBA!
We suck.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/6/2001  5:27 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

This man means business...

... Marcus Camby image...

Look out NBA!

MCfan23, just wanted to let you know in case you missed it: There is a pretty good Marcus Camby article in this issue of Inside Stuff (it's not online - I checked) with some pretty good pics.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
10/6/2001  6:05 PM
MCfan23, just wanted to let you know in case you missed it: There is a pretty good Marcus Camby article in this issue of Inside Stuff (it's not online - I checked) with some pretty good pics.
Yeah i get Inside Stuff and i just got the issue today. It's a great article on Camby.
MCfan23
USA
10/7/2001  5:52 AM
Thanks for letting me know Martin, I will check it out.
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
10/7/2001  11:29 AM
Posted by MCfan23:

Looks like we could be headed for some awards...

Marcus Camby: All-Star and Most Improved Player.

Shandon Anderson: Sixth Man of the Year.

Clarence Weatherspoon: Runner-up Sixth Man of the year.

Allan Houston: Most Valuable Player ().

New York Knicks: Eastern Conference Champions ().
Also, for some other awards, look for either Camby, Sprewell, or Anderson to win defensive player of the year or at least be on one of the all-defensive teams. Also, i predict one of our top three(Houston, Camby, Sprewell) will make the all-nba second or third team, hopfully Camby because i think he will deserve it the most. Lastly, how bout Van Gundy for coach of the year?
MCfan23
USA
10/7/2001  1:30 PM
Well, if we get the previously stated awards, then Jeff is sure to be in for Coach of the Year honors!

Talking about JVG, I don't know what you guys think of him, but I think he is the best Knicks coach of all time. I love his hard, fiesty style, and his ability to coach defense is second to none. i also like the way he makes players earn a spot in the starting 5 (see Latrell Sprewell, Marcus Camby and now Kurt Thomas). This way he gets more out of the players. Maybe he could be less stubborn in his rotation, but I'm happy to have him as coach.

I'd rate him as one of the better coaches in the NBA right now, alongside Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, George Karl and Lenny Wilkens. Or maybe I'm going a bit over the top with my praise for Van? What do you think?

By the way, the US has just gone to war against Afghanistan.
See http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/WTC_MAIN.html
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
10/7/2001  2:10 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

Well, if we get the previously stated awards, then Jeff is sure to be in for Coach of the Year honors!

Talking about JVG, I don't know what you guys think of him, but I think he is the best Knicks coach of all time. I love his hard, fiesty style, and his ability to coach defense is second to none. i also like the way he makes players earn a spot in the starting 5 (see Latrell Sprewell, Marcus Camby and now Kurt Thomas). This way he gets more out of the players. Maybe he could be less stubborn in his rotation, but I'm happy to have him as coach.

I'd rate him as one of the better coaches in the NBA right now, alongside Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, George Karl and Lenny Wilkens. Or maybe I'm going a bit over the top with my praise for Van? What do you think?

I definetly think he has to be considered one of the top 5 or 10 coaches in the league today. This year will be his real challenge though and if he can bring the team together to win the eastern conference title, he will have deserved coach of the year for sure.
Knixkik
USA
10/9/2001  6:58 PM
Hopefully camby's foot will be fine, but as long as they know about it now i think it will be. It'll be interesting to see how he plays tonight and how different he plays from last year. I'm thinking he'll have a great first game.
MCfan23
USA
10/10/2001  11:15 AM
"I'm thinking he'll have a great first game."

So am I, but we're still waiting to find out...
We suck.
MCfan23
USA
10/10/2001  11:55 AM

Marcus @ media day
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
10/10/2001  7:04 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

"I'm thinking he'll have a great first game."

So am I, but we're still waiting to find out...
Well he does have another two days to rest with New York taking a day off from practice. I'm sure he'll be ready for thursday's game.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
10/10/2001  7:17 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

Jeff is a good coach but I don't think he's the greated in Knicks history. Let's not forget the late Red Holzman.
Knixkik
USA
10/10/2001  8:34 PM
Jeff is a good coach but I don't think he's the greated in Knicks history. Let's not forget the late Red Holzman.
Yeah your right about that. But give JVG credit. As talented as the knicks are, they are very structurally flawed and Van Gundy has done a great job forming a rotation and making them a contender. Either way, i think new york and especially marcus camby will have a great season.
Knixkik
USA
10/11/2001  4:18 PM
So is Camby playing in the game against the Nets tonight? I want him to rest his foot, but i also really want to see him play.
MCfan23
USA
10/13/2001  4:20 PM
Hopefully with enough rest, he will be ready for game 1 against the Wizards.
We suck.
MCfan23
USA
10/13/2001  4:31 PM
Check out http://www.geocities.com/camby_online now!!

It isn't totally finished yet, but it's pretty much done for the moment. When I get more time I will improve it and add new features.

I think I have just about the most comprehensive video and image galleries of the Cambyman, so be sure to take a look at them.
We suck.
Marcus Camby

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy