[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Doleac Effect
Author Thread
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/2/2003  11:30 AM
Here is how I see it...if KT is as good as he says he is, and Spree + Houston are as potent as they claim to be with a legit big man in the game (ALA Dyess)...starting Mikey Dolz at the 5 and moving KT to the 4 (also his natural position) then this team should do some real damage. Here is why:

1) Doleac can score, and is a mobile big man
2) KT would be a fairly decent starting 4
3) Spree and Houston are good, nobody can deny that
4) Wars and Eisley are also DECENT

We dont need an all star 5 we just need some size and mobility with a little rebounding prowess. Doleac seems to be able to fill that void. Start the man, he deserves it and it would give this team a much more legitimate starting lineup then putting KT at the 5 and starting Spoon or Othella.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/2/2003  12:00 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Here is how I see it...if KT is as good as he says he is, and Spree + Houston are as potent as they claim to be with a legit big man in the game (ALA Dyess)...starting Mikey Dolz at the 5 and moving KT to the 4 (also his natural position) then this team should do some real damage. Here is why:

1) Doleac can score, and is a mobile big man
2) KT would be a fairly decent starting 4
3) Spree and Houston are good, nobody can deny that
4) Wars and Eisley are also DECENT

We dont need an all star 5 we just need some size and mobility with a little rebounding prowess. Doleac seems to be able to fill that void. Start the man, he deserves it and it would give this team a much more legitimate starting lineup then putting KT at the 5 and starting Spoon or Othella.
true, but KT has been dominating opposing 5's... he's just faster than they are and opens up the post by drawing them out and draining J's from 15 deep.

Oakley was always automatic from 15 deep.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
1/2/2003  3:20 PM
Very untrue. Doleac couldnt play the 5 because he would be be basically a 4 again. No team is going to put their C on Doelac when they can put him on KT. Doleac is 7 ft but isnt big enough to force a team to play him with a 5 defending him. Doleac relies on quickness and space and a team would rather put their more mobile PF on him.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
1/2/2003  3:25 PM
Can't Doleac post up at all? If a smaller player is on him, can't he get strong in there?

We need more centers anyway-
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
QnzKnixFan
Member: #373
USA
1/2/2003  7:58 PM
We definally have to start Michael Doleac next season when Antonio McDyess returns. Doleac and Dyess complement each other perfectly. Doleac will see a lot of open shots due to double-teams on Dyess. Or Dyess should dominate against single coverage since teams might hesitate leaving Doleac open on the perimeter.

But right now, I'm not sure if Doleac and Thomas complement each other. Thomas is not a strong post-up scorer and he does not draw a double-team. And Doleac hasn't shown any post-scoring ability either. I would only do it to add size to the starting frontcourt and bench Othella Harrington, since he isn't contributing much.
QnzKnixFan
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/2/2003  8:29 PM
[b]2) KT would be a fairly decent starting 4

KT starts at the 4 now.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/3/2003  9:31 AM
Posted by jaydh:

KT starts at the 4 now.

Last time I checked the little number next to the position "Center" was labled "5" where KT would be and has been playing out of position since Bambi broke down last year.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
1/3/2003  7:49 PM
BAMBI? That's hilarious...
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/3/2003  10:34 PM
Posted by OasisBU:
Posted by jaydh:

KT starts at the 4 now.

Last time I checked the little number next to the position "Center" was labled "5" where KT would be and has been playing out of position since Bambi broke down last year.

sigh, dont start with me, KT starts at the 4, and harrington starts at the 5.
The Doleac Effect

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy