[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks vs. Spurs
Author Thread
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
12/30/2002  8:35 PM
Off to a good start. Leading 45-42 at the half. Anderson,Ward, and Doleac playing very well yet again! With how well Doleac is playing it makes me wonder how good we would be with Dice in there.
AUTOADVERT
Fordy74
USA
12/30/2002  10:06 PM
WHAT A WIN!!! DOLEAC OWNS TEXAS!!! MING AND DUNCAN!!! HEHEHE YESSSSS WOW LOVE THE way he was swishing those jumpers on that quick release. Clutch play from Spree and Houston with those free throws. I love winning!!!!!!!! screw hoping for losses that is LAME!!!!
Knicksfan1971
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #98
12/30/2002  10:13 PM
Didnt you say that Doleac was a waste of money Fordy?
2 out of 3 against those good teams is great,lets see if
they are going to phone in the next one or keep playing hard.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/30/2002  10:25 PM
What a great win against one of the biggest and best teams in the East! How about MICHAEL F'N DOLEAC?! He's been a monster the last few games! He played great defense on Yao Ming the other night and he did a respectable job on the MVP Tim Duncan. His strength, which is his outside shooting, is starting to drop! Great game for Doleac with a season high 16 points, 8 rebounds and a key block on Duncan!

Props to Allan Houston. His scoring is not a fluke. He's been doing it all season. And he scored 28 points against the best perimeter defender in the league in Bruce Bowen. Houston might not make the All-Star team due to the rich Eastern Conference SG's and our record but he has been playing the best of his career!

And props to Shandon Anderson. He doesn't get a lot of props here regardless how good he plays due to last season and his crazy contract but give credit where credit is due. Anderson has been awesome off the bench since Latrell Sprewell returned. We would have gotten blown out tonight if it wasn't for Anderson's hot 2nd quarter.

I'm a little upset with Spree. He's just not been aggressive at all this season minus a game or two. It's as if Houston and Spree switched bodies! Houston is playing like typical Spree and Spree is playing like typical Houston! To Spree's credit he did hit a big 3 in the 4th and he had a great defensive play forcing Stephon Jackson into an 8 second violation! But he must give us 18-20 points on a consistent basis.

Call me a fool but this team is starting to make me wonder! That's 3 wins against 3 very good teams the past few days in New Jersey, Houston and now San Antonio. For the most part, everybody is playing their role and reaching their potential.

I MISSED WINNING! GO KNICKS!
Fordy74
USA
12/30/2002  10:25 PM
LOL yes 71 you know me im constantly eating my words. But I love being wrong when it benefits the Knicks!
Knicksfan1971
Member: #98
12/30/2002  10:32 PM
Well Fordy,Im right there with you.I never thought Eisley would break
out like he did this season.Im torn between wanting the Knicks to
win,especially against the elite teams and getting a number one pick as much of a longshot as it is.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
12/30/2002  11:52 PM
Posted by SergioNYK:

I'm a little upset with Spree. He's just not been aggressive at all this season minus a game or two. It's as if Houston and Spree switched bodies! Houston is playing like typical Spree and Spree is playing like typical Houston! To Spree's credit he did hit a big 3 in the 4th and he had a great defensive play forcing Stephon Jackson into an 8 second violation! But he must give us 18-20 points on a consistent basis.

Don't be upset with Spree. He's continuing to play great D and is getting a lot of assists. The offense is running through Houston now. I'm glad to see Houston living up to his promise, and I'm glad to see more guys getting involved in the offense. But Spree is a big part of the Knicks current success.

How about a positive word or two for Chaney? The Knicks definitely seem to be doing better in the second half/fourth quarter these days.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/31/2002  12:16 AM
What pissed me off about Latrell Sprewell tonight was his missed FT's. Spree never used to do that. You cannot say he's been the usual Spree this season. He's not attacking the hoop and he's not looking for his shots. That was acceptable at the begining but it's time for Spree to step up. Allan Houston cannot do it alone.

Yeah, props to Don Chaney. If you compare these same players to last season, (Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson, Clarence Weatherspoon, ect.) almost all of them are playing better. Credit to the coach!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/31/2002  1:02 AM
I wish the knicks would go on a decent winning streak now so i can think about making the playoffs, either do that or go on a long winning streak. They care driving me crazy with the way they are going...win one, lose one, win two lose two lol
NyFanInAtl
Member: #369
USA
12/31/2002  8:10 AM
Upset city!!

Not a bad texas trip at all. 2 out of 3 against Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. Can't complain about that. Sure Dallas opened a can of texas whoop ass, but this is the hottest team in the league right now and definately the best dallas team I have seen.

How about Doleac earning that 1 mil? He has been impressive against Houston and Dallas. Anderson and Eisley are playing alot better this season. All the sudden our bench isn't so terrible after all. Houston is definately doing his thing this season. I hope they can keep this up. I'm with fordy Screw losing on purpose. Let's Go Knicks!!(Man! When was the last time I said that? lol)
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
12/31/2002  9:42 AM
Posted by SergioNYK:

What pissed me off about Latrell Sprewell tonight was his missed FT's. Spree never used to do that. You cannot say he's been the usual Spree this season. He's not attacking the hoop and he's not looking for his shots. That was acceptable at the begining but it's time for Spree to step up. Allan Houston cannot do it alone.

Yeah - something is not quite right about Spree's offense. I'd still rather have him in there. Also, remember how Houston used to disappear whenever Spree got hot? I like having a consistent Houston.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/31/2002  9:44 AM
I will eat my words - I thought Ming was going to eat us alive and I definitely thought San Antonio was going to beat us...but I am impressed with this teams resolve. Most teams would have packed it in and caled it a day by now. Doleac is showing some promise too - has he been starting or coming off the bench? I think its about time we saw him as the starting 5 and moved KT back to his true position. Then I think this team would get more W's.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
12/31/2002  11:53 AM
About Spree....I know it'll never happen, but I think he's best suited as sixth man at this stage of the game. If he came in fresh at his natural position when Allan hits the first wall, that wouls be great in theory...Starting Houston/Anderson and bringing in Spree/Nailon...

But wait...wasn't everyone hoping for a high lottery pick! Then do you really want to see them win consistently now? We gotta choose...lol

Although I couldn't help smiling while I was watching Sportscenter...I was like: 'You IDIOTS!...Way to beat San Antonio! :) "
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/31/2002  2:36 PM
well its a choice between taking a step toward fixing the problem areas...or continuing the path of mediocrity - this team is not good. Granted they have put on a few good shows, but overall they are not CHAMPIONSHIP caliber, and wont be getting any closer if they win more games.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Knicks vs. Spurs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy