[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2003 Knicks Wishes
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
12/29/2002  10:39 PM
I consider 2002 to be the WORST year as a Knicks fan. There were so many heartbreaks! From Marcus Camby going down to Antonio McDyess going down to Scott Layden's bad luck with trades. Let's hope 2003 brings us a better year. Of course, I know we got no chance of a championship, but I do have some wishes.

1. Draft LeBron James!

To those who claim the upcoming NBA Draft will be fixed with New York ending up with HS Star James, I hope they are right! James is going to be the next Magic Johnson. He has that ability. Our future looks bright with James as a building block. However, the chances of landing this kid are slim to none. We will not end up with one of the worst records in the league. I still think we're going to win 30-33 games. Which would land us a 8-10 pick. It's going to take luck and destiny to draft James. Let's hope the basketball God's decide to build a dynasty in New York!

2. Milos Vujanic is the next Steve Nash

If we don't end up with a young star to build the future around like James, let's hope our European rookie PG Vujanic is as good as advertised! Layden and co. have been raving about this kid. They have compared his game to everyone from Nash to Allen Iverson and scouts lable him as the best PG in Europe. When was the last time we had a good PG? Layden could save his New York career if Vujanic reaches expectations.

3. Antonio McDyess Returns

Dyess showed his talents in those 3 Pre-Season games. He is one of the best PF's in the league. He's also a hardworker and a nice guy. I really hope he stays healthy. Our teams changes with a talent like Dyess.

Is it asking too much for one of my wishes to come true? Just one!
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/30/2002  9:58 AM
we need at least two of those for it to be worth anything...

personally, i'd prefer the first two. james and milos...

dyess will always be injury plagued i think.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
12/30/2002  11:26 AM
Forget this Lebron hoopla garbage. He probably wont be a knick. We have so thin a chance at getting the top pick. Even if we got the top pick, Lebron would probably be traded.

Our wish is for McDyess to retuirn healthy.

We can get rid of 2 PG's somehow. Frankie and Eisley.

Kurt to generate trade interest.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
12/30/2002  2:11 PM
Fritz has a point. Barring extreme luck, that's a realistic wish list. I believe Milos will be more valuable than the team realizes.

And get a trio of 7-foot thugs. Roberts, and whoever else...I want centers, dammit!

:)
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/31/2002  9:47 AM
My Knicks wish is to see this team play exciting basketball, add some young talent and athleticism, and PLEASE GET US A LEGIT BIG MAN.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/31/2002  5:33 PM
Happy New Year
rain
Member: #353
USA
1/3/2003  1:18 PM
I want Darko Milic... if we can't get Lebron. I want to trade Spree/or Thomas and Anderson/Eisley and get Crawford and some cap relief. Our Team....

Vujanic/Ward
Houston/Crawford
Spree/Anderson
McDyess/Spoon
Doleac/Darko (a year to learn)

That would be a very versatile, athletic team with shooters, with a good mix of young and old.
2003 Knicks Wishes

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy