PG Charlie Ward
C Travis Knight or PF Clarence Weatherspoon
2003 2nd round pick

New York receives:
PG Kenny Anderson
C Calvin Booth
PF Vladimir Radmanovic

TRADE ID = 849418 or 849425

Why Seattle does it? They're in a funk right now and it's because they need a solid player to man the PF spot. Who better to handle that than KT. They need a player who can corral those rebounds.

An alternate trade is we replace Knight with Spoon. As offensively limited as Spoon is, he still is wide enough to grab those rebounds if give the time. The 2nd rounder is there to sweeten the deal.

Why New York does it? As great as KT has been for them, he is till not a true Center. It's hard to part with KT but if it gives us a true Center and a young prospect in Radmanovic then I'm all for it.

Having Anderson man the point this season is a big plus, and his contract is an added bonus as well. We can just let go of Kenny after this season. It's like telling Milos that he has the spot next year should he decide to play next season.

Step #2

New York trades:
SG Latrell Sprewell
SF Lee Nailon
C Michael Doleac
2003 1st round pick (Top 5 protected)

New York receives:
SF Tim Thomas
C Ervin Johnson
2003 1st round pick

TRADE ID = 849442 *trade is possible after Jan.30, 2003

Why Milwaukee does it? First of all, for sentimental reasons, they get a hometown product in Spree and what they see in Spree is what they get as opposed to still having to wait for Tim Thomas to find his potential. With the emergence of Redd, maybe Bucks management would explore trading Ray Allen for a big man and a swing man. But having Spree man the 3 spot would do wonders for that team. His slashing and driving skills would compliment Allen's aggressive (note: what Houston lacks) play. Having Nailon as a back-up is a plus for them.

Plus, they exchange picks seeing how the Knicks have the possibility to get a pick in the 6-8 range (seeing how the pick is Top5 protected). Let's face it, as bad as Milwaukee's team is they will still be in the hunt for a playoff push.

Why New York does it? They lose the favorite in Spree but they get a "true" small forward who still hasn't realized his potential yet. You can teach a player how to play a certain position but you can't teach size (all 6'10 of it).

Yes, we would exchange picks with Milwaukee but what's there to lose if we don't get a pick in the Top 5 range? If we get Milwaukee's pick (10-13 range) we can still grab a player who can help us rebuild on the fly.

Result?

We have this line-up for this year:

C Calvin Booth - Ervin Johnson
PF Vladimir Radmanovic - Othella Harrington
SF Tim Thomas - Shandon Anderson
SG Allan Houston - Lavor Postell
PG Kenny Anderson - Howard Eisley

Not too shabby but it will help the knicks to be competitive and at the same time grab that opportunity to get a high pick in the draft.

The real apple in the eye thing would be next season where we would be having this line-up:

C Calvin Booth - Ervin Johnson
PF Antonio McDyess - Othella Harrington
SF Tim Thomas - Vladimir Radmanovic
SG Allan Houston - Lavor Postell
PG Howard Eisley - Milos Vujanic

Vujanic would have to earn starter minutes and I think he'll get it eventually should he decide to play here next season.

Gone are the days where the Knick tam will be undersized at all positions and we will have a youth movement at the same time. Remember, we still have a draft pick to boot. We can tab a player who can be our insurance once Dice goes down (keep fingers crossed). A player like Sofoklis Schortsianitis or Emeka Okafor can still be available with Milwaukee's pick.
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/27/2002  9:40 AM
Interesting, but I dont think any of those teams would do those trades and I dont see why NY would do them at this point. We are not in it to win this year, that much is obvious. Why not just wait till the off season when Wards and Knights contracts will be worth more, maybe KT can be traded for a team making a Playoff run...and possibly Spree too? Plus we will get a good draft pick this year. I dont see the point of trading for the players you mentioned...and Milwalkee is not getting rid of Thomas.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/27/2002  1:52 PM
thats right the knicks need a bunch of soft underacheiving players----theknicks need one thing and one thing only--athletic youth we dont need anyone else 's crp. what we need is a high pick move kt for another high pick and potentially move our 2 sec for a mid first round pick and execute on the picks. i really have no clue where some people come up with these ideas--i think any logical fan can conclude that we need a serious injection of quality youth and a bit of patience. Trading for soft-underacheiving injured veterans has been an awful model.
RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/27/2002  4:48 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

thats right the knicks need a bunch of soft underacheiving players----theknicks need one thing and one thing only--athletic youth we dont need anyone else 's crp. what we need is a high pick move kt for another high pick and potentially move our 2 sec for a mid first round pick and execute on the picks. i really have no clue where some people come up with these ideas--i think any logical fan can conclude that we need a serious injection of quality youth and a bit of patience. Trading for soft-underacheiving injured veterans has been an awful model.

I couldnt agree with you more - here is an interesting one...if Washington were to make a playoff run - think they would take KT for Kwame?
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Knicksfan1971
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #98
12/27/2002  7:40 PM
I dont think they would trade kwame for kurt.Maybe if they had more
pieces to make a serious playoff run but not with this team as it
is set up now.I wouldnt do it if I were them.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
12/27/2002  8:02 PM

I personally didnt like any of the trade you suggested. Knicks need not flip the roster but we need to enhance at only 2 positions SF and C. Knicks need to get a young guy to bring some energy at SF.

My Short List of Canidates @ SF:
1.Lamar Odom
2.Corey Maggette
3.Shane Battier
4. DID I SAY LAMAR ODOM !!!!

My Short List of Canidates @ C:

1.Elden Campbell
2.Rasho Nesterovic
3.------------------
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
DefAndReb
Member: #336
12/28/2002  5:21 PM
What the Knicks do not have is a superstar. To win a championship, to even have a shot at it, you need one of the top 10 players in the league on your team, the rest just have to be really damn good at their roles. And the team needs to gel. The person calling the plays (usually PG, but not always) needs to have authority over the other players. They have to respect their leader and they all have to want to win it all.

If the Knicks can get one or two superstars of the future through the draft, great, but it will take a few seasons for that to grow. Otherwise, the Knicks have to replace their weak spots, but not with slightly better players, instead with superstar players. Either way, Allen Houston, a very good player, should only be a third option on a championship team. He's certainly never been worthy of being paid as a franchise player.
I need an input on my plan for the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy