[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Threads Read Bug
Author Thread
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/20/2006  6:53 AM
Hey guys. Sometimes if I have the board open and have read through a percentage of threads, then say I'm away from the board for a while... I come back and refresh and it shows ALL threads as having being read. Any idea what's going on? Might be an issue with how the cookie is being saved? Just a thought.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/21/2006  9:52 AM
hmmm, let me think on it a bit. Could be a firewall or proxy server thing. We do use cookies as a way to track when users login last, but we also keep track on a per thread level what users who have logged in have read. When I get the time, I'll look at that code again and see what's going on.

I am guessing, but I have been wrong before, that the problem is specific to something in your environment. We would have more users complaining. I could be wrong.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/21/2006  12:23 PM
Martin it has happened with me too. I just thought that was the way things work.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Solace
USA
11/26/2006  11:30 AM
Posted by martin:

I am guessing, but I have been wrong before, that the problem is specific to something in your environment. We would have more users complaining. I could be wrong.

More information on it: It seems to be random, and I have noticed the effect on other forums. I am using the Firefox browser on Windows XP and Firefox on Fedora Core 5. Have noticed it happen on both, but again, it seems to happen randomly.

It's not the hugest deal; just once in a while, all the threads get marked as read for me.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/26/2006  11:48 AM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by martin:

More information on it: It seems to be random, and I have noticed the effect on other forums. I am using the Firefox browser on Windows XP and Firefox on Fedora Core 5. Have noticed it happen on both, but again, it seems to happen randomly.

It's not the hugest deal; just once in a while, all the threads get marked as read for me.

when you say "effect on other forums", do you mean our site or that it happens on other sites too? thanks.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Solace
USA
11/27/2006  6:57 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by martin:

when you say "effect on other forums", do you mean our site or that it happens on other sites too? thanks.

I mean that I've noticed that InvisionFree forums (I think it was InvisionFree) has a similar issue.
Threads Read Bug

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy