[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ward for Austin?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
9/7/2001  6:14 PM
Guys on the espn board and nj.com knicks zone both said they heard a Charlie Ward for Ike Austin rumor on wfan. Also, Nate Huffman is still un-signed and could be worth taking a chance at. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
9/9/2001  10:20 AM
Don't really have an opinion about Ike. His numbers aren't that great and he's only 6'10" so we'd have an even shorter backup center. Is he really better then Spencer?

What about Austin Croshere + Jonathan Bender for Charlie Ward + Othella Harrington?
Caseloads
Member: #41
9/9/2001  1:33 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Guys on the espn board and nj.com knicks zone both said they heard a Charlie Ward for Ike Austin rumor on wfan. Also, Nate Huffman is still un-signed and could be worth taking a chance at. Thoughts?
if we trade Ward for Ike, we better be getting a couple of 1st rounders, not seconds, b/c 2nd rounders are worth NADA to us.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
9/9/2001  3:20 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Don't really have an opinion about Ike. His numbers aren't that great and he's only 6'10" so we'd have an even shorter backup center. Is he really better then Spencer?

What about Austin Croshere + Jonathan Bender for Charlie Ward + Othella Harrington?

The pacers aren't really interested in another point guard, because they have Rose (playing the point) and Travis Best. They still think that Jonathan Bender is the future of the team, and Austin Croshere is better than Harrington. It would be a great deal for the Knicks, but I doubt the pacers would do it.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
vysions
Member: #39
USA
9/9/2001  4:03 PM
I would do Ward for just about anyone in the NBA at this point especially if he had a 6'10 body. Ward will be benchwarmer
and anyone who could give us size and even play a lick would be welcome in exchange barring of course DC. The chemistry cancer.
Ike could spell Camby in Center or Spencer can spell Camby.
Ike would be insurance that if Camby goes down we have two possible bodies to hold down the center. Terrible Knight is TERRIBLE and his size does nothing on the boards.

Knixkik
USA
9/9/2001  6:25 PM
I think we have a great opportunity to grab Erick Dampier out of Golden State. He's good offensively and rebounds pretty well. Though i'm very high on Othella Harrington, i would probably still trade him and Ward for Dampier and a small filler. Also, we could trade with Cleveland cuz they are stocked with centers. We could grab Doleac or Big Z, but i'm not sure what it would take to get either of them. Still, i really like the idea of getting Dampier most of all.
Blade
Member: #48
9/9/2001  6:35 PM

cavs wouldnt trade big z for charlie ward because big z is pretty much their whole frontcourt and team (with andre miller) when hes healthy.
vysions
Member: #39
USA
9/9/2001  6:43 PM
BTW...though I would not have trouble trading Ward for almost anyone healthy.....I found this tid bit as part of the Gasol article on
Real GM site.

"Reserve center Isaac Austin, who's already been in Memphis, is coming off athroscopic surgery on his right knee. Austin said the knee is ''about 80 percent'' and he'd be ready for the opening of camp."

Shades of Luc Longley anyone. No wonder the Grizzlies are willing to part with Ike.

Knixkik
USA
9/9/2001  7:10 PM
Still he might be better then nothing. I want to trade Ward for Dampier straight up. Thats one of the best deals we can do.
Ward for Austin?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy