[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

we will never win it all until.......
Author Thread
killacross
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #58
USA
9/2/2001  2:31 AM
we get a true center. We will never win it all until we get a true center to play along marcus. We might be able to make it to the finals with out current team but we wont be able to defeat the lakers, or even the blazers or kings. And isnt that what every teams purpose is?? to win it ALL and not just make it there. so that gets us to what true center out there is within our reach. the truth is not that many. I am not a huge foyle or dampier fan, but i would love it if we got kandi. One guy that i like if his contract wasnt the max(i know many, or all, people hate him) is big country. I really think that we should try to put together some package in which we would recieve kandi. for whomever it takes within reason, ward, thomas, lj, knight, weis, postell, or othella
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
9/2/2001  6:14 AM
You really should check out www.realgm.com , if you look at the clippers salary you can see the improbability of a trade straight up between NYK and LAC, we overpay every tweener and the LAC have a reputation for doing the opposite. I do like that point McInnis though, he'd be a good fit in time with the NYK.

Dampier I do see happening although I'd rather have Foyle.

Big Country? No way, I don't want Coleman in NY but if I had to choose btween Reeves and Coleman it be Coleman.

[Edited by - knicksbabyyeah on 09/02/2001 06:15:40]
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
9/2/2001  10:19 AM
I don't know why you people still think Camby isn't a true center. He's been playing the position for about three years and now he is finally the size of a true center. He's a top five center in the league for sure. What we need is a pure back-up center right now.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
9/2/2001  11:11 AM
Uhm, Camby's mark of playing 63 games means we're 19 games short of a center. I think this mark would be higher if he were to play PF. Playing Center is more physically demanding because of the opposition and MC bulking up a bit might do good but it could do bad as well.
Knixkik
USA
9/2/2001  12:36 PM
If Camby has indeed bulked up to 245, he should no longer have that problem. He seems confident he will remain healthy the whole season and i think he is looking at about 75 games at least. When he doesn't play we can either start Thomas at center and Spoon at power forward, start Thomas at center and Harrington at power forward, or if we get someone like Dampier in exchange for Ward, we can start him at center and Thomas at power forward. I think those are enough options if Camby doesn't play, but expect him to play the most games in a season he's ever played.
mythfaze
Member: #106
9/3/2001  6:56 PM
Posted by killacross:

we get a true center. We will never win it all until we get a true center to play along marcus. We might be able to make it to the finals with out current team but we wont be able to defeat the lakers, or even the blazers or kings. And isnt that what every teams purpose is?? to win it ALL and not just make it there. so that gets us to what true center out there is within our reach. the truth is not that many. I am not a huge foyle or dampier fan, but i would love it if we got kandi. One guy that i like if his contract wasnt the max(i know many, or all, people hate him) is big country. I really think that we should try to put together some package in which we would recieve kandi. for whomever it takes within reason, ward, thomas, lj, knight, weis, postell, or othella
mythfaze
Member: #106
9/3/2001  6:58 PM
Of course, the Knicks will never win unless we have a true center. What makes you think if we had a true center we'd win it all? Remember that Ewing guy?
Knixkik
USA
9/3/2001  8:38 PM
If "that Ewing guy" had someone like Houston, Sprewell, or Camby to follow his lead, he would have one a championship. You have to remember that he never played with another all-star. Too bad Houston, Sprewell, and Camby came along when Ewing was on his last leg.
Caseloads
Member: #41
9/4/2001  9:44 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

If "that Ewing guy" had someone like Houston, Sprewell, or Camby to follow his lead, he would have one a championship. You have to remember that he never played with another all-star. Too bad Houston, Sprewell, and Camby came along when Ewing was on his last leg.
Completely not true. Ewing had 3 chances. in 94, oakley, ewing and starks were all all-stars. And then in 98 (or 97), before ewing injured his wrist, the knicks were set to go far, and then the bench clearing miami incident... STAY ON THE BENCH OLD MAN!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/4/2001  10:15 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Knixkik:

Completely not true. Ewing had 3 chances. in 94, oakley, ewing and starks were all all-stars. And then in 98 (or 97), before ewing injured his wrist, the knicks were set to go far, and then the bench clearing miami incident... STAY ON THE BENCH OLD MAN!

Yeah, agreed. I always thought that if Ewing could have been the second All-star on a championship bound team, the Knicks would have been better off. For all of his talent, the guy just never made anyone else around him better: took too many shot, didn't pass well, couldn't hit a clutch shot, not a lockerroom leader, knuckhead plays...
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
9/4/2001  12:04 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Knixkik:

Yeah, agreed. I always thought that if Ewing could have been the second All-star on a championship bound team, the Knicks would have been better off. For all of his talent, the guy just never made anyone else around him better: took too many shot, didn't pass well, couldn't hit a clutch shot, not a lockerroom leader, knuckhead plays...
oh yeah, riley also messed up in 94 by leaving a then healthy doc rivers off the knicks playoff roster, which was fatal.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
9/4/2001  1:06 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

You can't say that Ewing was faced with un unfair amount of talent from opposition (besides the Bulls of course). Take for example the rockets-knicks series - Both the teams had limited talent outside their center position, and Ewing was outplayed. And people can't expect to get a top center without giving up one of our best players. With the limited talent at the position, even getting mediocre centers like kandi might require giving up houston or sprewell.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
NYFAN4LIFE
Member: #65
USA
9/4/2001  3:43 PM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by Knixkik:

You can't say that Ewing was faced with un unfair amount of talent from opposition (besides the Bulls of course). Take for example the rockets-knicks series - Both the teams had limited talent outside their center position, and Ewing was outplayed. And people can't expect to get a top center without giving up one of our best players. With the limited talent at the position, even getting mediocre centers like kandi might require giving up houston or sprewell.

lol.. sorry buddy kandi is not an all-star player y should we give one up for him.
lovespree
Member: #53
USA
9/4/2001  5:41 PM
While Ewing has botched many game saving jumpers, he's also made a few. And the reason we didn't win the final's against the Rockets had less to do with Ewing and more to do with Riley leaving an ice-cold Starks in who shot like 1-20 in the last few minutes of the game. That's why we really lost. And yes in that series, Ewing was outplayed by Hakim - hands down.
NY KNICKS 4 EVER! Will we ever find players like Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniels, Patrick Ewing again? I hope so.
we will never win it all until.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy