[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
10/17/2002  3:16 PM
THE NYKs seem to be holding their own in the preseason without spree or dice.

Maybe this team isn't as much of a farce as we think it is...

but how long until Charlie's knees go out, and teams start doubling Houston, the only legit 20 per scorer on the squad?

Is the preseason all an illusion and is the team destined for LeBron like the ESPN article states?

AUTOADVERT
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
10/17/2002  3:40 PM
Jets were also great in the Preseason and look at them now...
I think I'm gonna wait for the first six to eight games before making any assumptions about these guys.
I sure hope they keep it up though...
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/17/2002  4:02 PM
Knicks have a tough schedule in the beginning, we'll see how the knicks have done after the first 10 games. If they're 4-6 they'll be surprising the hell out of me.

@ detroit
@ philadelphia
vs boston
vs milwaukee
vs sacramento
@ indiana
vs new orleans
vs utah
vs philadelphia
vs detroit
@ new orleans
vs minnesota
@ toronto
vs new orleans

Nice way to start the season is it? Humbug...
nwny
Member: #284
10/17/2002  10:01 PM
Does anyone think it's a bad thing for them to be this good? I know it's controversial but we could have a Spurs/Robinson or Nets/Van Horn situation. Star player goes down; team tanks the year and gets a high draft pick. Check out the article on the main page called "Jackpot". Its from ESPN and the writer is suggestioning that many teams will be intentionally tanking it to get a chance to draft Lebron James. Real fans never want to see their team intentionally lose, but what will .500 season get us except another year further away from winning it all.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
10/17/2002  10:13 PM
The Houston Rockets are a great example of it. Ming is one of the most highly touted prospects of all-time, several of their players were injured, and the Franchise had those migraines, and they tanked the season. A few smart moves, and look at that team: Francis, Mobley, Nachbar, Griffin, and Ming. That's phenomenal, when all those guys reach their potential, watch out.

I'm not sure what the Knicks are going to do. None of us have seen Frank Williams, and Jamal Crawford is unproven. Do you wait with Williams, hope for Vujanic, or try to trade for Crawford? One thing I would do, try to trade for Swift, using an expiring contract and the injury exception. Swift is 6'9" or 6'10", and has an enormous amount of potential and could play C. With McDyess rebounding next year at PF, and Houston long term at SG, one of the prospects, either Williams or Vujanic at PG, that leaves one area open: SF.

Spree must be traded, if the season is tanked. He's too much of a bad influence on everything he's around, and if the Knicks get a top 5 pick, LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony would be available, both of whom would be able to play SF. Obviously, Houston would probably make the switch to accomodate James since he's a natural 2, but still, Spree must be traded.

A positive out of this is that, like Chris Webber said the other night, Spree is coming back with the one mindset to prove all his doubters wrong. If he comes back and plays awesome, I wouldn't mind a trade like the Pacers made last year, trading him to an up and coming team while acquiring young talent (Pacers trade Rose and Best for Brad Miller, Ron Artest, and Ron Mercer.)

Either trade Spree for expiring contracts, and up-and-coming player (maybe a Gerald Wallace on Sacramento or Swift from Memphis or someone of that caliber), or some picks. Someone is going to need Spree, especially if he's playing some of the best basketball of his career.

Following that formula, I think they might have a team in a few years.
#Knickstaps

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy