[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

dyess' knee break was foreseen
Author Thread
fahkyu911
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #343
10/16/2002  2:33 PM
physician said the knicks should have known that dyess was prone to break his knee cap because that happens with many athletes after they reconstruct their knees=knicks got and gave damaged goods while losing the 7th pick in the draft.

p.s. why do u think no other team wanted dyess(they knew his knee was messed up)the nets didnt even want to give up van horn for dyess because they knew he was damaged
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
10/16/2002  3:05 PM
awww people just stop it. i saw how he injured it. i had a similar knee injury. its from bone hitting bone. its a fracture (a crack in his bone). its from him landing straight on it. Dyess needed to strenthen the knee. he wasnt damaged it a problem that corrects itself over time. McDyess knee was sound, its odd injury to describe. if he took a few more weeks off that injury would be impossible to happen again. over time it become less likely you do that type of injury. its an injury that you can land on it a million times unless u hit it at the right angle its not going to hurt or get injured. so stop it about McDyess was damaged, it just takes time he needed to take it slow.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/16/2002  3:45 PM
Dyess will be back, I dont think trading for him was a stupid trade at all - he will be much better then Camby ever will be when he returns. Jackson? Please he is old and slow. Layden made a good move, we just got some bad luck - and Chaney shouldnt have been playing him so hard in the preseason. No doubt he will be back and be just as good as we had hoped. Have some faith - be a fan not a whiner.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
10/16/2002  6:55 PM
Yup...what he said.../\
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/16/2002  8:14 PM
Why do people think we traded camby and jackson for dice. the real trade was dice for the 7th pick--the 7 th pick couldve been amare stoudemire and my bet is amaere will put up 14 and 7 this year in limited minutes and will be a 20-10 guy by the time hes 21. Right now some people dont understand that this draft night trade was an incredible financial bust for the NY Knicks a bust in every sense of the word. There is no guarantee dice will ever play 1 minute for the Knicks and hes going to cost them 25mm in salary+ lost revenues because we are going to have a shtty team its a royal flush bust. there is no counter to the point its another layden bust whther it was a forced trade from the owner or not its a BUST a financial disaster.
RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/16/2002  8:25 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Why do people think we traded camby and jackson for dice. the real trade was dice for the 7th pick--the 7 th pick couldve been amare stoudemire and my bet is amaere will put up 14 and 7 this year in limited minutes and will be a 20-10 guy by the time hes 21. Right now some people dont understand that this draft night trade was an incredible financial bust for the NY Knicks a bust in every sense of the word. There is no guarantee dice will ever play 1 minute for the Knicks and hes going to cost them 25mm in salary+ lost revenues because we are going to have a shtty team its a royal flush bust. there is no counter to the point its another layden bust whther it was a forced trade from the owner or not its a BUST a financial disaster.

Or Dyess takes another season to recouperate, comes back, puts up strong #s for us, and we get a good draft pick out of it - its not like this team was going to the finals anyway. You want to see a team get to the playoffs and go nowhere because it only has 3 talented players? I would rather make sure our future star is good to go, and get some better talent out of it then see this team continue to defend its "kings of mediocrity" title.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/16/2002  8:58 PM
Until dice plays 1 minute in the regular season--then stays healthy--this trade is a no-brainer massive bust. There is no counter for it because there is no guarantee he will ever play again. The only thing for fans to say is BUST and for the owners of the franchise it cost them 12.7*2=25.4mm in salary+ lost revenues when Tv and ticket sales go south. If we just took the pick we would be competitive for the playoffs and have a cornerstone 19 year old player at 6-10 245
RIP Crushalot😞
nwny
Member: #284
10/16/2002  9:34 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

There you go again with that Amare crap. Admit it. You're Amare, or his girlfriend. Which one is it?

[Edited by - nwny on 10/16/2002 21:35:40]
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/17/2002  1:32 PM
I am a big fan of amare stoudamire but, come on, he is years away from becomming 20/10. Years away, his offense is no where near becomming a 12 ppg scorer. Dice will be healthy next year, he just turned 28, so he is still young and the knicks will be forced to rebuild or go with younger players. Either way the knicks will come out on the better end of this trade, maybe not this year but next year and years to come. If frank williams has a good year, then this trade so far was not so bad...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
10/17/2002  2:40 PM
No Arguement here... Regardless I still believe it was a solid trade. We're not in bad a shape as everyone is making this out to be. The only thing that would really screw us over BIG TIME is if Layden starts trading away our expiring contracts for lengthy ones... Then we would really really be in the hole for a long time... We need to ride this wave out. I say let's suck it up.. enjoy what we can from what we have and let these contracts expire. This coming summer we will have allot of tradable pieces with Ward, and a few other having only one year left. Let's keep these Bozos!!! We need some cap relief bad... I'm sick of trading exiring contracts for lengthy ones that don't reap us any real positive results in the long run.
dyess' knee break was foreseen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy