[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Watch the Knicks surprise everyone!
Author Thread
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
10/15/2002  12:47 AM
Now that everyone thinks the season is over for the knicks, watch them surprise everyone with a good season. Even though it may look like the same team from last year, there's still new changes to begin the season. Look at least us knick fans won't have to worry about Fragile Camby coming back from some injury. Even though LAyden took a gamble with MCDyess on draft nite, we still have the other pick which turn out to be Frank W. Hey, you never know! He could end up being a plus by starting @ the Point and solving our Pg woes. We did get slightly bigger with Doleac who will contribute in any way. Weatherspoon, if you remember missed about 1 month and a half last season because of a foot injury. Well, this yr he looks slimmer and looks ready to go, harrington has improved tremendously with cofidence and his game, chaney has implemented a new system on offense and defense which should benefit this current team. You never know what might occur in the NBA, thats why we play the games. Before we jump the boat, lets not be too pessimistic. These are the knicks and we should continue to support them. Like Layden said " Other players are gonna have to step up"
The Future. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
10/15/2002  1:19 AM
Even with McDyess, this team was destined for a maximum of 48 wins. While I love the fact that the players came back motivated to get last season behind them, they just don't have the talent to run with the other teams. In the extremely unlikely event that we earn a playoff berth, that will enforce the delusion that this team can compete for a championship, and the patchwork building will continue.

The goal of every season is to win a championship. Even if Shaq wasn't grabbing them all, they still would never win with this lineup. This team needs to bottom out before it can start reaching for the top again.
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
10/15/2002  8:57 AM
The goal of every season is to win a championship. Even if Shaq wasn't grabbing them all, they still would never win with this lineup. This team needs to bottom out before it can start reaching for the top again.

And you don't think the bottom has been reached. I think that NY Knicks fans are going to have to live with the team as it is and hope that Chaney is a great coach, who can teach the rookies. This may be a blessing (not much of one) in that players that have not had the oppurtunity to play big minutes will get them and learn.. and develop into players. Then we will be able to trade the big contracts, for new players, draft picks and oppurtunities. Keep following the Knicks, keep the opinions coming, and keep praying to whatever Gods of basketball exist for new hope...
The Old Man of UK...
spencerdoobie
Member: #325
10/15/2002  12:36 PM
I really hope that you are right, I don't want to suffer through a season like last year, but I really don't see how this team can be consitently competitive. When your starting front court consists of Kurt Thomas and Clarence Weatherspoon you are in BIG trouble. Not to mention the depleted bench. Ou top reserves right now are Othello Harrington, Howard Eisley and Mike Doleac.

Ouch..........it's gonna be a long year..........But I believe in miracles.

Granted getting Spree and Williams back from injury will help, but going from 25 wins to 30 isn't very exciting to me.
Dan1078
Member: #283
10/15/2002  12:57 PM
I like the fighting spirit!

Sure, this years team is basically the same team as last year, but
like Houston said, the Knicks can still make the playoffs.

Dont believe all of the doomsayer media hype.

Be optimistic, Spree and Hou can have solid seasons, Charlie and Howie
can prove to be adequate, KT picks up where he left off and maybe Doleac, Anderson, Spoon, Williams and Harrington contribute off of the bench.

Its extremely possible that the Knicks go .500 and make the playoffs.

All of this Lebron James talk is making me sick.

There's still a season to play!
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
10/15/2002  1:20 PM
DAN, I agree 100%...Negativity has it's place, but it is quite sickening listening to everyone giving up on the entire season based on Dyess' injury (Which he will heal from, or Which we will receive an exception for if he doesn't) I still say they'd be calling for Layden's head if we still had Camby's hip, which is ten times more fragile than Antonio's knee.

The fun of having a season of games (GAMES)! is the unknown. The very fact that we don't know the outcome is the reason we watch. I personally LOVE being the underdog in a game.

The coach and players have to cherish it as well. (Think Riley) Talentwise, the Knicks of '94 had no place in the finals. That's what made it so enjoyable! Stack the odds against us! We're New Yorkers, dammit!

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
Dan1078
Member: #283
10/15/2002  2:09 PM
Knixphan, I love your attitude.

Nothing has been decided for the Knicks yet, theres still a season
to play.

I think if Coach Chaney's philosophy proves to be effective and if the players buy into it, the Knicks can have a decent year.

Spree's gotta be positive and Houston has to be consistent.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
10/15/2002  3:54 PM
One more rant, since you got me started...

FAN is an abbreviation of 'FANATIC'

The dictionary says:

>>>>>>
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
n.

A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
<<<<<<<<

Ok, so true fans have no business letting stupid things like REASONING get in the way of their rabid, undying support for these overpaid jocks in Orange and Blue. God bless 'em...
I LOVE THIS GAME.

And I love this squad. Even with all its faults...Its bloated contracts and fractured patellas and anti-semetic faux pas and Yacht-fights and wife-threatening and lack of size in the pivot and refusal to push the ball up the court and servitude to Cablevision, and uncanny love for ex-Utah players, and seeming absence of everything that made the franchise respectable during the 90's....

See? being a fan has nothing to do with thinking. Those guys need our support this season. Especially you season ticket holders...
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
Watch the Knicks surprise everyone!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy