[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Erick Strickland
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
9/1/2001  9:41 AM
Whats going to happen with him? He's a free-agent who probably regrets opting out of his contract, but someone should pick him up...right? I figured he would go back to Dallas, but they have shown little if not any interest at all. Not to mentioned they stocked up with back-up point guards and even though Strick can step in at the 2 guard, theres still no room for him.

My thought is,(even though it's very unlikely)new york should try to sign him for the $1.3M exception if nothing better comes up for him. Though he won't see much time, he'll still be on a good franchise and will be an upgrade over Brunson at third string point guard. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
9/2/2001  1:50 AM
Man I love E. Strick. remember that game he won with that steal at Orlando?? Ill never forget him for that.
BUT, there just aint no room for him.
Knixkik
USA
9/2/2001  10:25 AM
I was at the game when he hit that buzzer beating three against milwaukee to put it into overtime. I always liked how he just went out there and did his job, kinda like Othella does. Strick does not have a place here, but assuming Ward or Jax is traded for a center, Strick could get the third string point guard job which is better then nothing.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
9/2/2001  11:56 AM
I also was a big Strick fan. Yeah the Orlando steal and Milwaukee 3 were huge. I also have fond memories of him shutting down TMac for some extended minutes. I think Shandon really fills the role that he had, but adds a better jump shot. It's too bad though...really liked the guy.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
USA
9/2/2001  12:38 PM
Could we get him back? Probably not, but wouldn't it be worth a try assuming ward or jax will be out the door soon?
Knixkik
USA
11/5/2001  9:08 PM
Strick finally signed with a team he could see a lot of time on, Boston and i'm happy for him. He will really add some spark off the bench for them. He provides great D and will make smart plays which a lot of their young guys can't do yet. I bet he'll have another breakout year, just like he did in Dallas.
Erick Strickland

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy