[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So now what?
Author Thread
knickgeek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #46
USA
10/13/2002  10:58 PM
Okay, so McDyess is out. Is there any hope for this coming season? It seems like we have the same group back. We're right back where we were last year. Can these guys play with some heart and not embarrass us?

I'm trying to stay optomistic, but it's tough.
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/13/2002  11:14 PM
I think everyone in Knick land is wondering the same thing...nobody has the answer to that though, we will see what happens when the season starts, and remember we havent heard anything from doctors about Dyess so maybe its not as bad as everyone is saying. I am trying to see a silver lining in all of this. Lets just hope things go better then they have been. Lets see what the papers have to say tomorrow and go from there.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
10/14/2002  12:00 AM
Season is in shambles!!! Every other team in the NBA improves but not us... It's time to let that Scott LAyDUM go asap before he severely causes painful damages.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
knickgeek
USA
10/14/2002  10:47 AM
Posted by knicksbb10:

Season is in shambles!!! Every other team in the NBA improves but not us... It's time to let that Scott LAyDUM go asap before he severely causes painful damages.

Sure, we can replaced Layden, but it is still going to be a long time before we have a good, or even interesting Knick team. Layden is just a convenient lightening rod for fan frustrations. The problems with the Knicks extend throughout the entire organization. The "Win now at any price" philosophy can't work anymore in this era of the salary cap.
WOODMANnYk
USA
10/14/2002  11:09 AM
Posted by knickgeek:
Posted by knicksbb10:

Sure, we can replaced Layden, but it is still going to be a long time before we have a good, or even interesting Knick team. Layden is just a convenient lightening rod for fan frustrations. The problems with the Knicks extend throughout the entire organization. The "Win now at any price" philosophy can't work anymore in this era of the salary cap.

It's worth the wait!!! As long as we know that Scott LAydown is gone and repalced with someone with basketball intelligence. Knicks fans would be willing to wait until the team get up on it's feet again. Even if it takes a good 3yrs before they become competitive again, it s worth it as long as whoever is in charge know what they're doing.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/14/2002  11:14 AM
It's worth the wait!!! As long as we know that Scott LAydown is gone and repalced with someone with basketball intelligence. Knicks fans would be willing to wait until the team get up on it's feet again. Even if it takes a good 3yrs before they become competitive again, it s worth it as long as whoever is in charge know what they're doing.

Definitely, if there's a clear blueprint on the table instead of this shortsighted patch work the NYK could be on top again in the distant future, with an added bonus that Shaq will be out of the league.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
10/14/2002  11:47 AM
I didnt like the direction Layden was headed. he takes too many risky draft choices (Chenowith,Wright, Weiss, need I say more) . plus he lost the respect of his peers which has hurt our chances of landing a trade. I say Magic johnson should be here to replace him. MJ has no real gm expierence but you dont really need any. Magic is a business man and he respected, players would love to play for Magic which make him even more appealing.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
nykfan37
Member: #118
10/14/2002  12:02 PM
Magic Johnson is about to become an owner of the Sonics
knickgeek
USA
10/14/2002  10:49 PM
Posted by falcindor:

I didnt like the direction Layden was headed. he takes too many risky draft choices (Chenowith,Wright, Weiss, need I say more) . plus he lost the respect of his peers which has hurt our chances of landing a trade. I say Magic johnson should be here to replace him. MJ has no real gm expierence but you dont really need any. Magic is a business man and he respected, players would love to play for Magic which make him even more appealing.

Okay, but I think the Frederic Weiss pick was pre-Layden. If I'm right, it only supports my argument that the problem goes deeper than just Layden.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/14/2002  11:43 PM
You are correct, Weis was a pick of Ed Tapasce (sp?)....who was quickly replaced.
Posted by knickgeek:

Okay, but I think the Frederic Weiss pick was pre-Layden. If I'm right, it only supports my argument that the problem goes deeper than just Layden.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
WOODMANnYk
USA
10/15/2002  12:31 AM
Now since everyone thinks the knicks are done for the season, watch them do real well this season and surprise everyone.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
10/15/2002  12:40 AM
As much as I want this team to have some success, I almost want them to do badly. If they do well, it'll just reenforce the belief that this flawed team is built well enough to compete, and put off rebuilding for at least another couple of years.
Posted by knicksbb10:

Now since everyone thinks the knicks are done for the season, watch them do real well this season and surprise everyone.
knickgeek
USA
10/15/2002  9:42 AM
Posted by knicksbb10:

I hope you're right.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
10/15/2002  9:51 AM
Ed Tapscott

Grunfeld's next guy down, I think.

Why Checketts let Tapscott run draft night when Tapscott was about to be let go, I can't figure out. But Layden hadn't been hired yet.
Posted by Andrew:

You are correct, Weis was a pick of Ed Tapasce (sp?)....who was quickly replaced.
Posted by knickgeek:

spencerdoobie
Member: #325
10/15/2002  12:44 PM
First of all, Tapscott was assistant GM to grunfield and he was also one of the head scouts. When grunfield was let go, the reigns were handed down to Tapscott on an interim basis. Nobody could forsee that he was going ot waste the 13th pick in the draft on the french toast himself.

How can you blame checketts for letting tapscott make the pick? he was the interim gm and had been ernie's right hand man for years. Who elso was going to make the decesion? Checketts was the leader, but he had nothing to do with coleege scouting or draft night decesion making, he had bigger fish to fry. Frederik Weis is ALL tapscotts fault, not checketts.

Give me a break........
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
10/15/2002  6:31 PM
Posted by ScooterSLP:

As much as I want this team to have some success, I almost want them to do badly. If they do well, it'll just reenforce the belief that this flawed team is built well enough to compete, and put off rebuilding for at least another couple of years.
Posted by knicksbb10:

I feel the same way, just cause I hate the Knicks management so much, and their dumb nonchalant rhetoric statements like "We're still a deep team, and can compete at a high level" or something to that effect. Chill with that professionalism. Tell us wassup, tell us ur a terrible GM, sympathize with a fan.
So now what?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy