[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Scott Laydown needs to pay for this!!!
Author Thread
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
10/13/2002  6:04 PM
Scott LAydown needs to pay for rolling the Dice but crapped out. He gambled on acquiring McDyess who had a bum knee and now will most likely miss the entire season. From here on end whatever happens during the season, the blame cannot be targeted on Chaney. I had said we should be with that idiot Laydum but this is it. His head needs to be put on a platter and fed to the dogs! It started with H20's 100m contract, trading Rice and not getting equal value,throwing money at Weatherspoon, mishandling the Spree situation and so on. Us knick fans don't need no more pain. It's time for Dolan to grow some nuts and fet rid of LAyDown...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/13/2002  6:23 PM
seriously man, how can you blame Layden for this kind of incident? This is not like an LJ trade where you know there is a strong possibility of deterioration. By all accounts this is a freak accident, and so far nothing has tied it to the tendon.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WOODMANnYk
USA
10/13/2002  6:36 PM
Posted by martin:

seriously man, how can you blame Layden for this kind of incident? This is not like an LJ trade where you know there is a strong possibility of deterioration. By all accounts this is a freak accident, and so far nothing has tied it to the tendon.

BRO, it was the same bum knee!! Previously, he had surgery on that knee and now he fu--ed it up again. THat same knee my man is fragile. LAydown gambled on a injured player and loss. HArdcore and i were at the game. MCdyess landed simple on the ground and just fell.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/13/2002  6:42 PM
mrtin--how r u sticking up for layden now? many fans didnt agree with the philosophy of the trade because
A. this was a very high risk trade the player had a major knee surgery and we traded with the team before he proved on the court he was clearly pass the problem
B. We didnt adress the issue of building a new core of players under the age of 25 while we had the veterans to compete.

every turn layden has made has been wrong and basicallly took the rest of his chips and placed them one one more hand and lost before the season got under way. How do you think people who spend 100$ a ticket feel right now? really there is no one to cheer for no high draft choice nothing and we are bad to boot.

i think 4 years of layden has been enough
RIP Crushalot😞
nwny
Member: #284
10/15/2002  3:48 PM
Posted by knicksbb10:
Posted by martin:

BRO, it was the same bum knee!! Previously, he had surgery on that knee and now he fu--ed it up again. THat same knee my man is fragile. LAydown gambled on a injured player and loss. HArdcore and i were at the game. MCdyess landed simple on the ground and just fell.
Read the medical reports man. The injuries are not even related. It just happens to be the same knee. I agree that Layden needs to be fired, but for a different reason. AS a GM the buck stops with you, good bad, or otherwise and it was his decision, or Dolan’s to trade the pick. It didn’t workout so he has to go. No hard feelings. He gambled and lost. That’ the way things work out. But to say it’s these injuries are related is just inaccurate.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/15/2002  4:06 PM
the injuries are related...it was the screws used from the previous surgery that weakened the knee
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nwny
10/15/2002  5:57 PM
Posted by fishmike:

the injuries are related...it was the screws used from the previous surgery that weakened the knee
Says who? The doctors who've actaully looked at the x-rays have not said that.
WOODMANnYk
USA
10/15/2002  7:14 PM
Posted by nwny:
Posted by knicksbb10:
Posted by martin:

Read the medical reports man. The injuries are not even related. It just happens to be the same knee. I agree that Layden needs to be fired, but for a different reason. AS a GM the buck stops with you, good bad, or otherwise and it was his decision, or Dolan’s to trade the pick. It didn’t workout so he has to go. No hard feelings. He gambled and lost. That’ the way things work out. But to say it’s these injuries are related is just inaccurate.

It's the same knee! McDyess had 2 previous surgeries on that knee. That knee is completely wrecked. From here on end, he'll have constant surgery based on his position which is Power Forward. He constantly jumps and moves around alot. ALot of pressure and impact on that knee which is a pivotal part for BasketbaLL. look at Danny Manning who had about 7 different surgries on the same knee. He never became the player in college because of it. McDyess will never be the player he was when he first came up. If you look @ a blueprint of the Knee, the patella tendon is right near the knee cap. What i'm trying to tell you is the whole knee is Shot!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/15/2002  9:22 PM
I don't agree...he came back from 2 surgeries just as good as ever (as his preseason preformace indicated)...why not another. McDyess has incredible work ethic. I think he can come back without a problem.

Additionally, from the Daily News:
"I do not expect a patella fracture to be career-threatening," said the doctor, who has treated professional athletes.
Posted by knicksbb10:

It's the same knee! McDyess had 2 previous surgeries on that knee. That knee is completely wrecked.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
nwny
10/15/2002  10:46 PM
Posted by knicksbb10:

What i'm trying to tell you is the whole knee is Shot!
Since you are not a doctor, nor do you play one on TV, I'll wait to see what the doctors have to say, thank you.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
10/16/2002  3:17 PM
Which doctor do you play on TV?
We suck.
nwny
10/16/2002  9:46 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

Which doctor do you play on TV?
It's an expression, it means don't give medical advice unless you are a doctor. Real or imagined.

[Edited by - nwny on 10/16/2002 21:46:57]
Scott Laydown needs to pay for this!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy